Note: LucasForums Archive Project
The content here was reconstructed by scraping the Wayback Machine in an effort to restore some of what was lost when LF went down. The LucasForums Archive Project claims no ownership over the content or assets that were archived on archive.org.

This project is meant for research purposes only.

Help in Year 3?

Page: 1 of 1
 Zuvestaville
03-04-2002, 9:25 PM
Hey, I'm stuck in year 3 at the combination lock part. I swear I've tried about 10 times and it's just not working for me. If anyone has some tips or can tell me about a very thorough walkthrough that'd be great. Thanks ~Zuvesta
 MeddlingMonk
03-04-2002, 10:57 PM
It's a lovely twiddle puzzle, innit?

You haven't said what exactly you've tried, but I'm going to assume that you're sharp enough to have already exposed the tumblers using the Bust-Allâ„¢. And you must have noticed that each tumbler has a flat face. The tumblers have to be turned so that the faces are flush with the gap between the door and the wall. They're flush when you can more or less see the gap. It doesn't have to be perfect.

When you think you've got it, press ESC to get out of the close-up view and have Manny look at the tumblers. He'll tell you if they're flush.

If alignment is the problem you've been having, I'll just stop here. There's another step but it's not hard to figure out.
 Zuvestaville
03-05-2002, 12:27 AM
Ooooky, I know what you mean about the flat face of the tumblers being flush with the gap, that's what I've been trying to do. But I can't seem to get them right (getting manny to tell you they're correct, the scythe staying in place). I must be doing something wrong with how much gap is shown. I must be doing something majorly wrong because I;ve followed all the directions I've found

Well, you know how on the tumblers how there are two colors: the darker side(flat face) and the ligther side(rounded face)? Could you maybe tell me roughly which colors are where?
Fewf, too long of a message for a Monday night..yawn ~_~ Zuvesta
 MeddlingMonk
03-05-2002, 10:07 AM
A picture is worth...yadda, yadda. So click here (http://briefcase.yahoo.com/meddlingmonk) to go to my Yahoo briefcase. You'll see a list of folders, one of which is named after you (awww!). Go into that, click on the only item in there and you'll see a screenshot of the tumblers lined up the right way.
 Zuvestaville
03-05-2002, 6:37 PM
-_- I can't believe it. Really. lol, I've been doing it with the flat faces facing towards the *other* side. Oh my, okay, I think I get it now. :) Thank you so much for all your help, I would still be food processing my keyboard if you hadn't spoke up..hee hee
ooky dokey, thank you!~Zuvesta :wavey:
 MeddlingMonk
03-05-2002, 10:40 PM
:rofl:
Page: 1 of 1