Note: LucasForums Archive Project
The content here was reconstructed by scraping the Wayback Machine in an effort to restore some of what was lost when LF went down. The LucasForums Archive Project claims no ownership over the content or assets that were archived on archive.org.

This project is meant for research purposes only.

day of the tentacle

Page: 1 of 1
 hull
03-02-2002, 7:09 AM
Hello,
I bought last week 'day of the tentacle' and I have a problem.
First, the sound and music didn't work so I downloaded some kind of soundfix, but then only the sound worked and the music didn't. any1 can help me?:confused:
 Huz
03-02-2002, 8:05 AM
What kind of sound card do you have?

Here are some things you can try anyway:

1) In the sound setup, play around with the music device settings until it works. General MIDI works for me.

2) Try the thing in 'real' DOS, after loading any DOS drivers you might have for your sound card.

3) Get rid of the sound fix and mess about with the settings a bit more! Without the "fix", I can get full voices and music after a bit of mucking about... with the fix, I can only get the voices as you describe.

And if you're running Win2000 or XP, check out the "quick and easy fix" that was posted on Mojo (http://www.mixnmojo.com) a few days ago.

Good luck! :)
 bgbennyboy
03-02-2002, 9:09 AM
Latest version of LEC Quick and Easy (2.0) doesnt let you save in DOTT.

I'll release a new version sometime over the next week, that fixes this problem.
 bgbennyboy
03-10-2002, 6:06 PM
Quick and Easy Fix Version 2.5 should now run DOTT perfectly with talkie music and save.
I'll upload it to mojo tomorrow
Page: 1 of 1