Note: LucasForums Archive Project
The content here was reconstructed by scraping the Wayback Machine in an effort to restore some of what was lost when LF went down. The LucasForums Archive Project claims no ownership over the content or assets that were archived on archive.org.

This project is meant for research purposes only.

What are you looking forward to?

Page: 1 of 1
 Evo Wahn Jhin
02-26-2002, 3:22 PM
I really want to talk about this game and all the IRC channels are pretty lame with little or no action. This is the only forum I like and looks like we might need a lil spark of action here :)

Soooo, What are you guys looking the most forward to?

I would like to see how fluent the graphics are and how the character movements will look while there are about 20 people in a town. But I mostly want to see the skill tree and how it works. I would also like to the interface (i.e. hud, windows, radar all that good stuff) and everyting on screen that all us players will be seeing.

The one thing I want to see the most is a cantina fight! Ill know im in the Star Wars Galaxy when I stop by a cantina on tatooine for lunch and all the sudden a bounty hunter starts shooting at a smuggler. Then the smugglers PA jumps in and the solo bounty hunter is forced to run for his life! Oh yeah! Its gonna be a great game!
 Jan Gaarni
02-26-2002, 3:39 PM
I try not to have to much expectations to the game. That way I wont get disappointed. :D

But what I'm really looking forward too is actually playing the game. To wander around in the begining, exploring the world, kinda like a sightseeing trip. To see it all. :D Well, as much as possible. After that i don't know. I really don't know what I'm going to do in there, but I assure U, I'm going to do something. We'll see. ;)
 Darth Evad
02-26-2002, 3:39 PM
I was happy to see the latest screens. The clothing on the characters looks like it's going to be more diverse than I thought. The individuality of each character will be good.

I'm also looking forward to a game that won't be driven by how much time you spend online playing.
The way they've talked about it, it sounds like it will be much more civil and fun to play.
A real RPG.

btw, I have nothing to base that last bit on 'cause I've never played any other ORPG before. ;)
 Evo Wahn Jhin
02-26-2002, 3:54 PM
I played WWIIOL and that MMORPG sucks bad! I havent played EQ, AO, or any other and I dont plan on it. I hope that the hardcore players dont suffer due to making it casual player friendly.

Jan thats what I meant by looking at the graphics and stuff. Wondering around aimlessly looking at everything and seeing how everything interacts (i.e. people, trees, water, buildings, everything!):D
 MikeC
02-26-2002, 5:42 PM
This will be my first MMORPG too. That said, it's such an interesting idea that I've been following its development pretty much from the beginning.

I want to see just how the online economy will work. The developers seem to have some interesting ways to keep it moving and highly player drive.

Like the rest of you I want to see what is done grafically and otherwise to immerse us in the game. Granted I'm going to have to buy a new video card for this, but it should be worth it.
 Wraith 8
02-26-2002, 5:52 PM
what am i looking forward to?

well next tuesday i have to do practical work for my school. 6 months long. it looks like fun and im looking forward to it.

Im making a website, but i cant get the damn thing on the net under an official host. and it is driving me crazy. im looking forward to it to be finished.

Im looking forward to a new computer... i have 2 realy bad thing on my comp and that is memory and space.

im looking forward to free time with my girlfriend. ;)

im very very very much looking forward to Episode II. cant wait. 2 weeks ago i was in a theater to see LotR. and there was a HUGE official banner of Episode II. than in the theater they showed one of the trailers....... GOOSEBUMBS

Im looking forward to June. cause im goin to the Formula 1 races.

Im looking forward to the summer holidays. I love my girlfriend but sometimes a man needs space. so in the summer she will go on some sort work holiday with the local church and my mom and dad will also be gone....... HOME ALONE :D

im looking forward to see the rest of my class mates again. cause i will not see them in 4 months. we have a realy cool class. :D

im lookng forward to SW Galaxies. cant wait to meet Com Raven in the game and Juztyn. Com and me were planning on buying a couple of X-wings :D... that would be SO cool...... GOOSEBUMBS

well thats about it :D :D
 Rommel
02-27-2002, 6:29 AM
Back a few years ago I was a huge Ultima Online fan, but with hindsight being 20/20 I realized in the two years I played that game, the last year I didn't do any real "fighting" with my character, I built up money, land, and thus real power.

That is what I am really looking forward to in SWG.

I want to be a manufacturer, make the best things that everyone wants, build up massive amounts of emp credits and be that guy who is employing the smuglers, highering the bounty hunters, and hobnobbing it with the emperial admirals/generals. I want to have 7,8,and eventually 9 and 10 figure bank accounts. I want massive factories and plants, employing countless number of newbie designers, miner, and such. I'll be the guy with countless senators and governers in my pocket, for lack of a better word, monetary power.

I'm sure that there will be a lot of people wanting to be jedi, bounty hunter and the like, but not me. Give me a few million and I'll be a happy cat.

Rommel
 Darth Simpson
02-27-2002, 10:53 AM
Rommel, great minds think alike. I've got pretty much exactly the same plans. =)
 Evo Wahn Jhin
02-27-2002, 11:06 AM
Rommel peope like me will need you since I plan to be a smuggler
 Com Raven
02-27-2002, 11:32 AM
Hah, he uses the same word for our X-Wings as he does for Ep II...

I am honored...
 Krayt Tion
02-27-2002, 6:16 PM
First and foremost, I'm looking forward to 'living' from time to time in the best graphical, most massive interactive incarnation of the Star Wars Universe the world as has ever seen.

As far as features go, I look forward to the skill system compared to many other mmorpgs out there. I don't like the strength of my abilities to be set in stone long down the road.
 Com Raven
02-28-2002, 9:10 AM
Hmm, if we can find a few more, we should be enough europeans to make our own city....
 Woad
03-03-2002, 7:27 PM
More than anything else I am looking forward to RPing in the Star Wars universe.

I played a few other MMORPGs, the only I play to this day is Ultima Online because it offers some of the best and most respected RP communities one can find anywhere. I gave up on EQ after it seemed mindless with a complete lack of roleplaying.

Simply put, I can't wait to say lines like "Stop you Rebel scum":D
 Com Raven
03-04-2002, 1:35 AM
Hey, I heard that....:(
 Rommel
03-04-2002, 5:24 AM
I totally agree with you about EQ, the greatest thing about Ultima is that it offers so many different areas for roleplaying and so many different professions, EQ, AC, and the like just don't really offer anything much more than fighting.
 Com Raven
03-04-2002, 8:54 AM
There's not a single mmorpg that "role-plays" besides UO, but dAoC's combat can be pretty funny too...
 Rommel
03-05-2002, 3:31 AM
Hmm i haven't tried daoc yet, afraid if i do i'll get sucked in.
 Com Raven
03-05-2002, 10:04 AM
Yeah yeah, all those drugs....:)
Page: 1 of 1