Note: LucasForums Archive Project
The content here was reconstructed by scraping the Wayback Machine in an effort to restore some of what was lost when LF went down. The LucasForums Archive Project claims no ownership over the content or assets that were archived on archive.org.

This project is meant for research purposes only.

smuggling ?

Page: 1 of 1
 beercan
02-26-2002, 3:42 AM
i have to say this game looks nice, i have a question about taking missions

why do you have to pay to take on a mission? now maybe it would be easier to steal the cargo instead of shipping it, but i think a bond is a artificial way of making sure players do what they are told

this is suppose to be a huge rpg type setting game, you think things like stealing the cargo would be encouraged, especially since it is star wars, with all the unsavory smugglers and mercenaries, stealing your cargo would seem like a part of that theme

what would stop you? why not make the bounty hunters more threatening? thats what would stop anybody in the star wars galaxy from stealing , i would much rather have a scary looking bounty hunter go after me if i steal something, than a automatic credit loss cause i didnt finish a mission
 Evo Wahn Jhin
02-26-2002, 7:23 AM
No, you lose the deposit and a bounty hunter comes after you I think:D

Besides put your self in the player who hired you. If you had stuff you need to be smuggled or shiped and it was always being stolen why would you hire other people to do it for you? It takes time and money to get the stuff your smuggling. Its just a little insurance for your employer:D

Yes slealing my seem part of the theme, but that doenst mean there are is no punishment. Everything come at a cost and thats part of the cost of being a smuggler.

I think the dev team is doing a great job, and I have no objections to anything they have done, or plan to do so far. This game is gonna kickass!
 Wraith 8
02-26-2002, 10:35 AM
well.... i've heard that loads of people are planning to me bounty hunters...... so if you start that and word gets out.... i think you are in big trouble :D
 Juztyn
02-26-2002, 1:51 PM
The bond is a form of insurance for the person hiring the smuggler/whatever. If the cargo doesn't go through, then the person who stole the cargo loses the bond *and* gets a bounty hunter on his ass. If the cargo goes through correctly, the smuggler gets the bond back, plus the reward for successfully completing the mission.

I think it's a system that will work fairly we.. Sure, there will be some people who steal things, but those people will go onto community red-lists, and will probably find it hard to get work from PCs, just like in the real world.
 Evo Wahn Jhin
02-26-2002, 3:35 PM
I just read up on jedi stuff. Im a bit sad that it will be very rare to become a jedi. But on the other hand Im happy knowing that it will be more like the real Star Wars galaxy:D

I was wanting to be a jedi and I might still try but If not I wana be a smuggler:D When I role play I usually try to be a loner and work with only a few people. I try to do as much as I can alone. I just like those kinds characters. Its hard for me since Im very social and end up in a group of guys:P If i choose a smuggler I will only work with a few people:D I would be a bounty hunter but that doesnt appeal to me;) Another good thing about being a bounty hunter is the space expansion! It will be fun to fly in space trying to loose tie-fighters or any other factions/bounty hunters after me! :mob:
 MikeC
02-26-2002, 5:33 PM
I predict a lot of very disappointed people when they don't become Jedis in the game.

While it might be cool to be one, I have no illusions about my chances to obtain those abilities. I'm making, other plans. I have a couple of different paths I'm considering.
 Wraith 8
02-26-2002, 5:58 PM
wohaa... Evo..... you want to become just like me :D hahahah cool. maybe i will see you around in the game ;)
 Evo Wahn Jhin
02-26-2002, 6:27 PM
Woah!!!!!! You may be one of those few people I hang out with! If I every see you in a bar and someone is scoping you out I got your back!
 Com Raven
02-27-2002, 6:37 AM
Well, you have to ask yourself how much you await a game if you only wanna do one thing [be a jedi..]
 Wraith 8
02-27-2002, 12:35 PM
well.. ill try to look into a lot of skills. but i think i want mechanical skills more than most others. cause i think you will need them in a glaxie like Star Wars.
 Com Raven
02-27-2002, 3:08 PM
Nah, it's just that I fear we'll be seing a lotta guys whine once they see they can't be Jedis....
 Evo Wahn Jhin
02-27-2002, 3:56 PM
Yeah I fear the same thing. I think the people who will getting to be a jedi are the people who deserve it. IMHO I dont think people who dont play very offten should get to be jedi's.
 Com Raven
02-27-2002, 4:43 PM
I for my part don't think that a game with 90% jedi'd be fun anymore....

Should be something special, not something I click on in the beginning....
 Wraith 8
02-27-2002, 6:14 PM
your right Com..... but when people all want to be bounty hunters too... it will be the same way as with Jedi's.... i hope that a lot of people are willing to go with easy proffesions..
 Com Raven
02-28-2002, 5:20 AM
Hmm, i think it's a bit different, cuz with a "bounty hunter", you still have more choices and options than you have as a jedi [think codex...]
Page: 1 of 1