Note: LucasForums Archive Project
The content here was reconstructed by scraping the Wayback Machine in an effort to restore some of what was lost when LF went down. The LucasForums Archive Project claims no ownership over the content or assets that were archived on archive.org.

This project is meant for research purposes only.

Question?!?!

Page: 1 of 1
 DU RHo
02-25-2002, 11:06 PM
Okay what is "nerf"? I just bought DAoc and on alo of the messages boards i see this word alot. What the hell does it mean??
 Kylilin
02-25-2002, 11:39 PM
Nerf
a pack animal, the nerf was also raised as a source of meat. Originally native to the planet Alderaan, these rangy creatures have curved horns and long fur. Their muscular bodies are lean and supple, and they have a nasty temper. Their long fur mats and tangles easily, creating a mass of hair that colects everything it touches. Thus, the nerf carries a strong odor around with it. The shepherds that raise nerfs - referred to simply as nerf herders - are looked upon as lesser members of society, but when they bring their meat to market they live like kings. The fur of the nerf is often carded into wool, for use in making warm jackets and leggings.

(courtesy of the Completely unofficial Star Wars Encyclopedia)
 Juztyn
02-26-2002, 1:39 AM
lol. I don't think that's what he meant, Kylilin.

A 'nerf' is when the developer's 'supposedly' do something to make a certain class or player less effective against certain things. For instance, if you invested heavily in blaster skill so you could take out a Rancor, and Verant suddenly made Rancor's immune to blaster fire, all the players who invested in the blaster skill would call it a 'nerf.'

It's an old-school term from the UO days, I believe.
 DU RHo
02-26-2002, 2:26 AM
Thanks Juztyn thats what I wanted to know. That other guy must be a Nerf Herder. Just Joking!
 Com Raven
02-27-2002, 7:07 AM
Hmm, roasted nerf ribs....
 Wraith 8
02-27-2002, 12:45 PM
nah... give me the Gnort ribs.
 Com Raven
02-27-2002, 5:36 PM
gnort sounds evil....
 Wraith 8
02-27-2002, 6:08 PM
yeah... but they are very tasty :D :p
 Com Raven
02-28-2002, 9:07 AM
What did Jules say in Pulp Fiction: Gnorts are dirty animals....
Page: 1 of 1