Note: LucasForums Archive Project
The content here was reconstructed by scraping the Wayback Machine in an effort to restore some of what was lost when LF went down. The LucasForums Archive Project claims no ownership over the content or assets that were archived on archive.org.

This project is meant for research purposes only.

some progresss; but joystick no longer recognized!

Page: 1 of 1
 gwailoh
02-13-2002, 2:49 PM
well i changed from the most recent diamond drivers to the Aureal and Nvidia reference drivers

... in the process i realized my DirectSound was emulated, not hardware, so i disabled that accelleration. henceforth QuakeII would work, when before it wasn't working either. So i feel i have made progress on the display/sound drivers issue...

however, now my joystick is playing up. well, i mean that around 80% of the time, X-Wing Alliance says 'joystick not connected', and won't let me proceed. If i do get through to the game, i get the same crash-to-desktop error as before. I have a weird combination gamepad/joystick from Radioshack.

Is there a joystick-troubleshooting procedure?
Should i re-install XWing, now that i changed drivers?

ta
 DragonD
04-11-2002, 10:33 PM
What are your system specs? What operating system are you running? Have you checked the game controller settings listed under the control panel?

D
 DragonD
04-11-2002, 10:36 PM
Another question - which make/model of joystick is it? I'm trying to get a grasp of your setup. :)

D
Page: 1 of 1