Note: LucasForums Archive Project
The content here was reconstructed by scraping the Wayback Machine in an effort to restore some of what was lost when LF went down. The LucasForums Archive Project claims no ownership over the content or assets that were archived on archive.org.

This project is meant for research purposes only.

The Alternate Universe

Page: 1 of 3
 Deac
02-11-2002, 1:34 PM
Deac Starkiller, after having various escapades, has been contracted, along with several others to venture into an alternate reality.
The Empire, in it's dying days, was trying to open a portal to a universe where they won the war to bring in re-inforcements. The project was never completed.
Until now. The party will end up anywhere, and may end up confronting sides of themselves they never saw, or wished to see again.
Regular rules apply.

Deac Starkiller: If you don't know him by now, you never will.

*Deac awaits the arrival of the rest of the team*
 Redwing
02-13-2002, 4:06 AM
Termand Rwos: A Terran gargoyle from an alternate universe. A broken teleporter has landed him here, with little control over where he ends up next. As such, he has experience with this kind of thing...and special interest in it as well, for he knows a secret that has not been revealed in this universe yet...

Rwos has worked with Deac before. Coincidence has landed them together several times. This time, for a change, he was coming to meet Deac after having been summoned, not by some accident of fate.

When Rwos received Deac's message, he was on Nar Shadda, the smuggler's moon of Nal Hutta, looking for a rare alloy called terillium-carbon that he needed to repair the fried D-matix of his teleporter. The D-matrix was what allowed his teleporter to make dimensional jumps; rather than the random spatial leaps it was restricted to now. However, Deac Starkiller's cryptic message about venturing to an alternate reality piqued his interest...and the news of the Imperial project captured it completely. Rwos could only shudder at the thought of what would happen if they'd succeeded...or if someone had access to that kind of technology now...
 Wraith 8
02-17-2002, 8:09 AM
*Corzip Dinn... the young Jedi was waiting on one side of a portal of some sort. he wasnt sure he wanted to go in there... he doesnt know.... doesnt FEEL waht is beyond it. but he though 'hey, if you dont dare, you dont win.' He jumped in and within a split second he was out again. He looked suspiciously around. 'Was that it?' he thought. he saw Deac standing there. he walked up to him.*
 Deac
02-17-2002, 12:04 PM
Welcome to the Alternate Universe. Don't worry, as long as that portal or one here stays open, I can use this to get back. *Holds up device* Or, Rwos might be able to use his teleporter to get us back.

Things are different here.

Yavin 4 is gone, along with most of the early alliance's leaders. Skywalker's torpedo was just too late, and Darth Vader died in the explosion. His hyperdrive failed.
The civil war is still going on, but it looks like peace is looming.
Also, lucky for us, I have found no record of that idiot Syrnl. I don't think he was born here. Oddly enough, Palpatine isn't on record either.
 Wraith 8
02-17-2002, 4:17 PM
So who is running the Empire than... and who is running the rebellion.... on wich side are we?
 Deac
02-18-2002, 2:54 PM
Well now, isn't that interesting.

Luke Skywalker is supreme commander of the Jedi order and the New Republic. Emperor Darth Maul is in command of The Galactic Imperium. He was a human here, and Obi-wan didn't quite kill him. No-one knows the secret leader of the sith order. It's said that he has no past...
 Wraith 8
02-20-2002, 4:07 PM
Corzip looked at Deac.

Oh. that is nice. So where do we go first? and do you expect more Jedi to come to this side?
 Deac
02-21-2002, 3:04 PM
I'm hoping some more will show up. (But the portal will close in 3 days). If no-one else comes, we'll have to assess the extent of this side's technology for Trans-dimensional gates, and if the empire here has them, shut it down.
 Redwing
02-23-2002, 3:07 AM
*Rwos arrives at the address Deac had named, a ghost city on a dark, deserted world which humans had not set foot on since the time of the Old Republic. He walked in, only to see a completely empty, dark room, with an identical door on the opposite side. He walked through and opened the door...and was shocked to see he'd ended up right where he'd walked in. He looked back at the door he'd walked in...still there. With shock, he realized what was going on.

There's a portal right in the middle of this room...extremely advanced...it doesn't even give off any waste energy that I can see. No heat or light signature at all. Looks like the Imperials have done it...I'd better find Deac. He doesn't know the implications of this or he'd have never used one...
 Deac
02-23-2002, 2:23 PM
*Deac calls through the portal*

Hey Rwos, are you there? Come over here, you're never going to believe this place! It's good thing we have to close the portal on this side!
 Wraith 8
02-27-2002, 5:16 PM
*Corzip looks around the place*

So.... where are we? and do we have transport out of here? are there any X-wing in this universe?
 Deac
02-28-2002, 2:53 PM
We're on Imperium Cental, what we call Alderran. Don't look outside...

*Were the party to look outside against Deac's advice, they would see a barren world, decimated by years of warfare. Maul isn't a popular tyrnant*

And as for X-wings, I haven't seen any. I'm also hoping Rwos will come through the portal.
 Redwing
03-02-2002, 5:04 AM
*Rwos walks through the portal, hesitantly*

Deac! You there?
 Deac
03-02-2002, 2:48 PM
Rwos! Great to see you. Welcome to the Dark Centre of the Multiverse.
 Redwing
03-02-2002, 6:07 PM
If there is the dark centre of the multiverse, then this place is the fartherst from it.

((j/k, couldn't resist :D))

Where are we?

Or should I be asking, when?
 Deac
03-05-2002, 1:51 PM
We're in the universe 3 places to the right of our own. So It's quite different. Nasty too. We have to destroy the portal device on this side then destroy the one on our own. I have talked to Lord Skywalker and he's sending a Jedi attack force to help us.
 Redwing
03-09-2002, 3:10 AM
Jedi? *sighs* Great, just what I need... You know I've been in trouble with the Jedi recently, right?
 Deac
03-09-2002, 2:59 PM
These Jedi? Have you been here before? And how bad is it?
 Redwing
03-09-2002, 11:02 PM
I assumed you meant the Jedi in your home universe...I know nothing about these Jedi. As for the other Jedi, I had a run-in with Corran Horn a little while back. He wasn't very happy, and told me I had a warrant on my head.
 Deac
03-10-2002, 12:50 PM
Well, then. We have to wait for the siganl and then sneak ion while Skywalker's army storms the city. We destroy the portal, use ours to get back, and destroy all the technology.

I have my orders.
 Redwing
03-10-2002, 4:51 PM
Wow, you make it sound so simple =/

Something's bound to go wrong.
 Wraith 8
03-11-2002, 11:53 AM
*corzip yawns*

man that portal sure drains some energy when you go threw.

*Corzip checks both his blasters and puts them in the cases at his sides. he then clips two long cilinders off his belt. he activates the both lightsabers. one yellow and one orange. he wings them around some.*

Hey Rwos? wanna practice a bit. im bored.
 Deac
03-12-2002, 1:27 PM
No time for that now, Corzip! We have to get moving...

*The party takes a swoop ride across the open terrain. As they enter the tunnels beneath the city, they can hear the sounds of a battle raging....*

Let's hope we stay undetected...
 Redwing
03-13-2002, 2:31 AM
Where exactly are we going? *nervously fingers his saber*
 Wraith 8
03-15-2002, 11:31 AM
*Corzip was at the back of the group. he nervously turned around sometimes. He thought he heard something. he let the force flow in the direction he heard it come. but nothing was there.
Corzip shrugged (:D) he turned around only to see that Rwos and Deac were a long way up ahead. Corzip runned toward them to catch up.*
 Redwing
03-16-2002, 2:41 AM
*Rwos looks back at Corzip, wondering what he was doing, then shrugs (:D) and turns back to Deac*
 Wraith 8
03-16-2002, 10:39 AM
*Corzip runs toward the rest of the group*

He guys .... are you having a funny feeling about this too???
i thought i heard something back there.
 Deac
03-17-2002, 11:35 AM
Relax guys, we're going towards the generator for Emperor Maul's palace. We shut it down, go through the heating pipes, find the room with the portal, nuke it, and go back to our world.
 Redwing
03-18-2002, 12:39 AM
What?!? Already? You know...you could have given us a little TIME to PREPARE first...*listens to the sound of fighting above* What the heck is going on up there?
 Wraith 8
03-18-2002, 8:12 AM
well... it hears like a big battle.
Ive got a bad feeling about this.
 Deac
03-18-2002, 2:57 PM
*The party continue on, in a sense of dread. Something just isn't right about Deac. Not at all.
They arrive at the pipes, unhindered. Deac stops and turns to face his party...*

Thankyou gentlemen for helping me through. The deception is now complete. You will be found dead here, no-one in YOUR world will ever know, and I get my chance to finally return...

*The party gaze in horror, and realise that this is not Deac. The figure's skin ripples like a liquid, and the true form is revealed:

The Darkstar avatar. Very enraged after Syrnl left it, it would need help without a mortal host. So, posing as Deac, it has led the party into a trap. It will gain access to the palace, bond with Maul and slaughter the Jedi in this universe and then try to take control of ours if not stopped.

If only the REAL Deac were here...*
 Redwing
03-20-2002, 2:31 AM
Rwos sneers. "So...the Darkstar avatar...who's your host now? I thought Syrnl abandoned you..."
 Wraith 8
03-20-2002, 7:07 AM
*Corzip looks at it all. He just doesnt believe this.*

WHAT IN THE WORLD IS GOING ON HERE!?
 Deac
03-26-2002, 4:36 PM
DARKSTAR: AH, YES. SYRNL DID ABANDON ME. TRATIOR, BUT THEN HE DIED AFTER. "THUS DIE ALL TRAITORS," REMEMBER?

BUT I DIGRESS. EVEN THOUGH I AM WEAKER WITHOUT A HOST, I CAN STILL KILL YOU, TAKE OVER LORD MAUL, SEAL THE PORTAL AND TAKE CONTROL OF OUR UNIVERSE. AND I DON'T NEED THAT IDIOT FILTH SYRNL...

*A mysterious figure steps out of the shadows*

Figure: I'll thank you not to speak of my brother that way...

*Enter the REAL Deac Starkiller*
 Wraith 8
03-27-2002, 6:53 AM
*Corzip looks around at everybody. he walks back and stands against the wall.*
Im so confused right now.
 Deac
03-27-2002, 6:10 PM
*Deac suddenly goes rigid. The sword medallion glows and Deac is covered in the familar gold.

Enter the Starkiller Avatar*

Starkiller: IT IS FUTILE, DARKSTAR. YOU CANNOT SURVIVE A BATTLE WITHOUT A HOST. FLEE AND FIND A SLAVE FOR YOUR FILTH OR DIE HERE.

Darkstar: I WILL RETURN!!!

*The Darkstar becomes a dark smoke and enters the pipes*
 Wraith 8
04-02-2002, 6:47 PM
*Corzip just stands there with his mouth open and couldnt believe what just happened*
 Redwing
04-04-2002, 6:21 AM
Rwos: Well, it's pretty obvious what we've got to do now. Find "Lord Maul" before he does.
 Deac
04-04-2002, 4:57 PM
Thats not the only problem...

If the Avatar is not driven back to our universe or destroyed, then it can bond with anyone who accepts its sword....even you.
Or your alternate doubles. You may find them here.

Let's get moving. If we can get to the Darkstar amulet, then I can destroy it. Once and for all.

(OOS: If it is destroyed, I'll have to come up with a new bad guy.)

And also, if it is destroyed, the Starkiller within me will return to the heavens when I die...
 Wraith 8
04-05-2002, 6:09 AM
I say we get them.... both of them
 Deac
04-05-2002, 6:17 PM
Indeed. This could be the time the ancient ones spoke of. Let's get inside...

*The party sneek in with ease. Lord Maul's forces are all fighting the Jedi army at his gates. Atop his high tower, he plans the battle, when our heroes find him... and the Darkstar*

Darkstar: Accept the blade and become all powerful!!

Maul: I'm no fool. You are some kind of Jedi trick.

Darkstar: You are a fool. I advise you take what I offer...

Maul: I don't belive you. Begone, illusion!

*Maul attempts to dispel the Darkstar and fails. His face fills with fear. The Darkstar forcibly bonds with Maul... creating a fully healed Darkstar*

Darkstar: You can come out now, Starkiller...

Like my new face...?
 Redwing
04-07-2002, 4:31 PM
((OOS: Deac's all: Hint! Hint! Don't destroy it! :D ;) j/k))

*Rwos doubts he has alternate doubles in this universe, since it's only by incredible coincidence that he happens to be in Deac's and Corzip's universe in the first place...of course you never knew with dimension travel*
 Wraith 8
04-08-2002, 7:20 AM
*Corzip looks at the scene. activates both lightsabers and stands ready to battle again.*
 Deac
04-08-2002, 6:40 PM
*Deac becomes the Starkiller*

A new face? How many is it now, Darkstar? When will you learn that this fighting of US is fruitless. Let the mortals duel

Darkstar: Never! I will defeat you someday! Darkness will then rule!!

*A ripple in the shape of a human form appears. A voice comes from it, not so much a voice, but a thought implanted in the heads of all present...*

I am the mediator. You are a fool Darkstar. To fight the final battle now would bring about the end of this stage of existence. There is more to you than you both know. Let the mortals duel...

Darkstar: As you wish... I wish no harm from the All...

*The Avatars vanish, leaving Deac and Maul in the arena. Maul lights his famous double ender, and Deac activates his double sabers. It's been too long since he last used them...
 Redwing
04-12-2002, 4:36 AM
*Rwos ignites his single saber. He could use that alot more efficiently than a double blade*
*to Deac* Do you want our help? Or do you want to fight him alone?
 Deac
04-12-2002, 5:42 PM
*Lord Maul gestures, out of the darkness steps a red manadlorian amoured man and a black-clad woman*

Lord Maul: Do you not think I have my own knights? Perhaps you know them as in your universe....

Lord Fett...

And Lady Leia...

Um... Rwos... in regards to your earlier question, I don't think it matters who kills the Darkstar as long as it dies. But the odds seem equal now...

ATTACK!!!
 Redwing
04-13-2002, 3:57 AM
*Rwos stretches out with his magic sense. He feels the Force, strong in "Lady Leia", but...barely there in "Lord Fett".*
*to Corzip* You take the lady, she's Force sensitive. I can take the lord.
 Deac
04-13-2002, 6:19 PM
*Maul lunges and Deac only just manages to parry.

Then for the first time since becoming the Starkiller, Deac feels truly with the force. For a long time the avatar has been the "big brother" to help him fight off the bullies.

Now he can do this alone.*

Deac smashes his blades on Mauls double ends, who is then knocked backwards*
 Redwing
04-14-2002, 2:31 AM
*Rwos rushes Lord Fett, who pulls out his blasters and fires at Rwos while leaping backwards. Rwos dodges and blocks the bolts, and keeps on coming.*
 Wraith 8
04-15-2002, 7:41 AM
*Corzip concentrates himself on Lady Leia.*

Yo Deac. is she realy evil here... or just mindcontrolled??

*At that moment Leia attacks and Corzips evades the blows. She is good, corzip tought*
Page: 1 of 3