Note: LucasForums Archive Project
The content here was reconstructed by scraping the Wayback Machine in an effort to restore some of what was lost when LF went down. The LucasForums Archive Project claims no ownership over the content or assets that were archived on archive.org.

This project is meant for research purposes only.

GeForce 3 Ti 200

Page: 1 of 1
 SL_Ki-Adi-Mundi
02-05-2002, 6:45 PM
Made by Vision Tech.

Is it any good, and are the prices around $100 I've been hearing about correct?

I want to get one to integrate into my system because I need a graphics card. I've got one, but it's kind of old... only 11mb of memory. :o

BTW, I'm on a 500mhz Celeron processor, Win 98 S.E. with 96 megs of RAM (Soon to be upgraded!).
 CaptainRAVE
02-09-2002, 5:38 AM
Go HERE to nvidia (http://www.nvidia.com/view.asp?PAGE=geforce3) to compare the graphics cards and analyze your computer to find out how much of an improvement it will make :)
 The Kiwi
09-17-2007, 7:01 PM
This antique thread caught my eye because I just restored an old pre-XP computer to service to run Windows95 and Windows98 games, and I chose that very video card (I think even the very brand) to go with it. The old PC maxed out at 384 MBs of RAM, because I couldn't put my hands on any low density 256 MB SDRAMs for it.

When I was assembling the system, I initially used a Leadtek GF4 Ti-4200 that came to hand first, but it was having its own problems. I'd planned to use a GF2 GTS, but didn't have an HSF that would fit that one, and its old fan had died (the Ti-200 also needed its fan replaced, but I had no major trouble in finding one for it).

It would have been overkill, same as the Ti-4200 would've been, if my GF3 Ti-500 had showed up, but it stayed in hiding. Those GF3s were nice VGA cards back in '02, though! It's got a Duron CPU, but a lot faster one than the OP's Celeron . .
 SRQ
06-10-2008, 7:48 PM
Amazingly enough, so did i.
I love it, it's perfect for old stuff. Powerfull, but not so powerful as to not be compatible with older games.
 CaptainRAVE
12-07-2009, 8:39 AM
Haha, just got an email. This is an old thread! Memories :)
 fedrorpet
12-09-2009, 1:22 AM
The NVIDIA GeForce3™ family of graphics processing units (GPUs) shakes up the gaming industry with unprecedented visual effects and sizzling frame rates—injecting life into the previously artificial world of computer-generated graphics. Powered by the new NVIDIA nfiniteFX™ Engine and Lightspeed Memory Architecture, the GeForce3 Ti 500, GeForce3 Ti 200, and original GeForce3 GPUs enable users to experience a rich environment instead of just looking at it on a computer screen.
Page: 1 of 1