Note: LucasForums Archive Project
The content here was reconstructed by scraping the Wayback Machine in an effort to restore some of what was lost when LF went down. The LucasForums Archive Project claims no ownership over the content or assets that were archived on archive.org.

This project is meant for research purposes only.

Editing???? DONT MOVE IT TO THE EDIITING FORUM

Page: 1 of 1
 Indy4
02-01-2002, 3:04 PM
can we make a pettion right here to make it editable?
if we put this post in the editing thread nowone will see it.

Dear Lucasarts,

Editing makes the game last soooo long people are still playing JEdi Knight 1
Infernal Machine wasnt editable and nowone ever playes it again after they beat it so Lucasarts if you want JEdi Outcast to be a "real" classic you have to make it editable because "I" think after I play it thats it except for multiplayer.Plus tell us in your FAQ
so we can start edditing the game.

Thank You For Making this game

SEYA
 CaptainRAVE
02-01-2002, 3:20 PM
It will be editable. Already people have started to make mods etc for it. Raven usually make their games editable.......actually, very few games today cant be edited.
 StephenG
02-01-2002, 5:34 PM
releasing a game that isn't editable is like signing a death wish these days.
 SaberPro
02-01-2002, 6:10 PM
I think the game will be editable with QRadiant (levels), 3D Studio MAX (model)...of course you can use many other programs other than the one listed above :)

Who's planning to make BFP2 Pack for JK2?
 Kestral
02-01-2002, 6:22 PM
Originally posted by SaberPro
I think the game will be editable with QRadiant (levels), 3D Studio MAX (model)...of course you can use many other programs other than the one listed above :)

Who's planning to make BFP2 Pack for JK2?

I know I'm going to be waiting for a BFP for JKO. :)
 Millions o' Monkeys
02-01-2002, 7:12 PM
ahhh good ol' bfp, what would we do without it
 Redwing
02-01-2002, 7:24 PM
Well...I wish someone from Raven would say whether it will be editable or not...hint hint :D
 Jedi Howell
02-01-2002, 8:12 PM
BFP...? Is this like a modification of Q2's Big Freakin' Gun? Big Freakin' Pack? or...i heard this somewhere...oooh! I know! Big Fluffy Pack, right? I vaguely recognize it...a skins pack, right?

and for some odd reason, if it comes to a petition, u can hv my signature(a dozen cubed times)...

jh
 Raze
02-01-2002, 8:47 PM
Can you this read this? weird sentence... :p
 Jedi Howell
02-01-2002, 9:53 PM
u dont get it...its a reference to an older Swamp thread. id 'preciate any1 who found the link to it...(think: Jedi Cake; im teh only person who knows how to make 'em, hence the Jedi in my name)

jh
 JPMaximilian
02-01-2002, 10:29 PM
Jedi Outcast better be editable, but I'm fairly sure it will be, so I'm not worried.
 Sturmgewehr
02-02-2002, 12:35 AM
Of course Jedi Knight II will be editable. Its built on the QIII engine, which is, in my opinion, the easiest engine to add modifications too. Its great, the *.pk3 are just like *.zip. In fact, to take one apart, all you have to do is rename the *.pk3. You can test a mod and make minor adjustments to it very easily and quickly. Its a really well designed engine, hence why it is being used. :cool:
 SaberPro
02-02-2002, 12:39 AM
Originally posted by Jedi Howell
BFP...? Is this like a modification of Q2's Big Freakin' Gun? Big Freakin' Pack? or...i heard this somewhere...oooh! I know! Big Fluffy Pack, right? I vaguely recognize it...a skins pack, right?

and for some odd reason, if it comes to a petition, u can hv my signature(a dozen cubed times)...

jh

BFP = the best skinpack and lightsaberpack in JK mods :)

Simple as that.

(above: does it look like a Mac advertisement? or something like Think Different. looks more like it hehe)

BFP in Q2, supposingly called the Big F'n Gun but through the censorships they called it Big Freakin' Gun :( I think that's the story from what I've read and heard.
 CaptainRAVE
02-02-2002, 3:27 AM
Originally posted by Redwing
Well...I wish someone from Raven would say whether it will be editable or not...hint hint :D

Wheres that Raven guy when you need him :rolleyes:
 Hannibal
02-02-2002, 9:07 AM
Originally posted by CaptainRAVE

Wheres that Raven guy when you need him :rolleyes:

Hopefully finishing up beta testing the game.;)
 Jedi Howell
02-02-2002, 9:11 AM
definitely editing...why else would they decide to ship a level editor with it?

jh
 Redwing
02-03-2002, 1:46 AM
We didn't know that when the topic was posted :D
 jesseg88
02-08-2002, 6:42 PM
There will not be an editing kid on the CD, but be made avalible post-release.
Page: 1 of 1