Note: LucasForums Archive Project
The content here was reconstructed by scraping the Wayback Machine in an effort to restore some of what was lost when LF went down. The LucasForums Archive Project claims no ownership over the content or assets that were archived on archive.org.

This project is meant for research purposes only.

Everytime...

Page: 1 of 1
 Hannibal
01-31-2002, 9:57 AM
Everytime the forums go down for whatever reason the JK part of these forums gets less and less visitors.:(
 Pedro The Hutt
01-31-2002, 11:07 AM
Sadly enough.
 Darth Simpson
01-31-2002, 3:31 PM
Yeah...

Probably because each game has it's own page and forums now.
 Pedro The Hutt
01-31-2002, 8:19 PM
While JK.net is basically... the leftovers these days..
 obi
01-31-2002, 8:58 PM
yea, it's like they are coming and saying "Move over, grandpa, the kids are takin' over!!!!!!!!"

but lets gather an underground force and take over all the forums!!!!!!!!!!!!!

MUTINY!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

:bdroid1: :bdroid1: :bdroid1: :bdroid1: :bdroid1: :atat: :atat: :atat: :bdroid2:
 oninosensi
01-31-2002, 9:34 PM
Yup, and it looks like I won't be hitting 1000 posts this year. I plan to check back, but with the constant moves and changes, It really kills this place.

That, and AL McDonald hasn't posted a new DCM in so long, it takes away half my reason for looking up jediknight.net.
 Rogue15
02-01-2002, 5:12 PM
Originally posted by obi-wan13

but lets gather an underground force and take over all the forums!!!!!!!!!!!!!

MUTINY!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

:bdroid1: :bdroid1: :bdroid1: :bdroid1: :bdroid1: :atat: :atat: :atat: :bdroid2:

don't you mean....INVASION!!!!!!!!!!! eheheheheheheheheheheh

let's trash the place! :D
 Darth_Rommel
02-01-2002, 5:17 PM
The place was pretty busy when I first joined, of course, that was when summer holidays were just starting... everyone had alot of free time then! :D

I'm sure posting will have picked up momentum by the time summer rolls around! :)
 BeastMaster
02-01-2002, 6:18 PM
Rats. Sinking ship.

As I just said, JK.net is always quiet. We've been here since JK was released, and we'll be here when the sun burns out and the seas boil.

I'm staying, working ever closer to the fabled post count of 1337ness and holding my (in)famous parties every chance I get.

If the low traffic bugs you, don't whine about it, post! Start some random, pointless debate threads!

<small>And If I see one more battledroid, it'll be kindling, you got me?</small>
 Pedro The Hutt
02-01-2002, 9:56 PM
NO! I wouldn't want to see JK.net reduced to a mere spam board.
And yeah.. JK.net has been pretty quiet for quite some time.. but since JKII.nets opening it's been VERY quiet though. And it just got worse lol... ah ... I still remember the summer of 2000 ^.^ Where Jedi Power Battles got tons of posts a day. lol
 Rogue15
02-01-2002, 9:58 PM
I'm missing Kurgan's long sensefilled posts. :( Why'd he leave these forums?
 Kylilin
02-02-2002, 12:21 PM
I think we need to start a movement to revive the Jediknight.net forums...
 Aristotle
02-02-2002, 1:01 PM
Forums could always use a boost... no question. People tend to migrate to the hot game of the moment, and that's nothing new to our network.

However, what most people don't know is that JK.Net STILL gets more uniques and overall visitors than ANY site in the network, including LucasForums.Com. Granted, LucasForums.Com does about 4x the pageviews because of the multiple pages required for interaction, but JK.Net to this day continues to get thousands of visitors hitting that news page each day... and it remains our flagship news site.

Forums bounce up and bounce back... just a natural thing.
 BeastMaster
02-03-2002, 12:58 PM
Yes, yes, to Aristotle you listen, hmm?

Originally posted by Aristotle
uniques

Polite word for "loonies?" ;)
 Hannibal
02-03-2002, 2:30 PM
Originally posted by BeastMaster
Yes, yes, to Aristotle you listen, hmm?

Polite word for "loonies?" ;)

I thought "special" was the polite word for loonies.

I can't believe Aristotle posted in one of my threads and it wasn't cause I did something wrong.:)

I hope you're right. These forums will always be my favorites. Unless some other forums starts handing out money and cars. But that won't happen so I'm here for life.
 Pedro The Hutt
02-03-2002, 5:25 PM
Huzzah to that.
 obi
02-04-2002, 2:34 PM
I perfer "Gifted"
 Jedi Calypso
02-04-2002, 6:36 PM
Not to undermine the topic at hand, but, "gifted" would absolutely describe mentally handicaped persons. My little brother has Autism, ADD, and obsesive compulsive disorder,(for those of you who have no idea what any of those conditions are, think of the movie What's Eating Gilbert Grape?, Leonardo DiCaprio's role in that movie fits my brother to the letter. Anyway, i can tell you that he is one of the smartest people i know. Not regular smart like you or i may be (or may not be *cough* Hannibal *cough* ;) J/K) But its a different kind of smart. For instance, he is very adept at anything that requires deep thought or concentration, ie: video games, he can beat any game you give him in a day or so. Another example, one time i was working on a rubic's cube for a month, finally, i got frustrated and gave up. My brother picked it up and solved it in about 10 minutes. So, you see, the "special", or "handicaped" or whatever you call them are definately gifted in their own way. I wouldnt give up my brother for a "normal" person ever, and i mean it. Im lucky and glad to have him as my "special little guy".

Peace,
-C
 Rogue15
02-04-2002, 9:23 PM
aristotle's right...i remember rs.net being exactly like this, where not so many people would show. now it has like 10-20 regular members...1/4 of them female. :D
 Pedro The Hutt
02-05-2002, 9:24 AM
Does gender matter on a board? Just as long as they're fun to talk to and stick to the rules any member is good ^.^
 Hannibal
02-05-2002, 10:26 AM
Originally posted by Jedi Calypso
Anyway, i can tell you that he is one of the smartest people i know. Not regular smart like you or i may be (or may not be *cough* Hannibal *cough* ;) J/K)

Hey! I resemble that remark!;)

Pedro, you're right gender doesn't matter. I'm pretending you are all female anyway. :eek:
 BeastMaster
02-08-2002, 2:31 PM
Consider yourself fortunate that, being a dragon, I take that as a compliment.

<small>seriously, who else here's actually been referred to as "one of the girls" IRL?</small>
 Redwing
02-10-2002, 12:53 AM
Me. :rolleyess But do I count as "here"? lol.
Page: 1 of 1