Note: LucasForums Archive Project
The content here was reconstructed by scraping the Wayback Machine in an effort to restore some of what was lost when LF went down. The LucasForums Archive Project claims no ownership over the content or assets that were archived on archive.org.

This project is meant for research purposes only.

Limit the framerate in original JK?

Page: 1 of 1
 Zedian
01-25-2002, 7:50 PM
Anyone know how to limit the framerate in the original JK? A reasonable comparision would be the /max_fps command in the half-life engine(that type of thing). It ran fine when I got the game back in the day, but now my computer is too fast and I don't have an older one. It runs way too fast in software or hardware mode, and I don't really want to run it in software mode anyway.

Thanks
 Lord_FinnSon
01-25-2002, 9:02 PM
Welcome, Zedian! Someone will soon give you your Gift Basket or Chocolate Jedi Medallion. This thread will most likely be moved over to the Swamp, but what comes to your question, I'm sure you can slow JK down by adjusting your graphics cards settings and turning both MipMap levels and Direct3D LOD to Best Quality and using some Anisotrophy level; if you have Nvidia based card then you might wanna download NVmax (http://www.voodoofiles.com/2597)(remember) to install newest detonator drivers), which gives you ability to tune all these settings easily. Of course little experimentation is needed, but I'm sure that you can play JK after that even using higher resolution and possibly applying Anti-Aliasing. BTW, if you can do all this succesfully, could you send me (finnson@sabermail.com) couple screenshots of JK running with all those settings on; I have old Riva TNT, and before I buy totally new PC, these kind of extreme settings are still future for me. ;)
 jesseg88
01-25-2002, 11:11 PM
Try setting your screen res to absolute maximum. If that's not very high, try getting a bigger monitor.
 dazilla
01-25-2002, 11:15 PM
use 4x4 antialiasing. It renders the screen four times bigger and then makes it smaller, so the lines aren't that defined. It also has the added advantage of slowing performance down dramatically.
 matt--
01-25-2002, 11:18 PM
I'm gonna have to move this over to Tech Help, look for it there.
 Millions o' Monkeys
01-26-2002, 2:23 AM
Originally posted by dazilla
It also has the added advantage of slowing performance down dramatically.

yeah added for people with his problem...but what about people with crap computers :)
Page: 1 of 1