Note: LucasForums Archive Project
The content here was reconstructed by scraping the Wayback Machine in an effort to restore some of what was lost when LF went down. The LucasForums Archive Project claims no ownership over the content or assets that were archived on archive.org.

This project is meant for research purposes only.

Rushing

Page: 1 of 1
 zerocool
11-08-2001, 7:34 AM
Hey, I'm pretty new to rushing. I've always hated rushing in AOK. But now I have to learn it, so can anyone please tell me a good rushing stratagy because I definatly need to lean them. :confused: :confused: :confused: :amidala: :amidala: :deathii: :deathstar
 Elite_winndude
11-08-2001, 7:37 AM
:fett: :fett: I am new 2 dude. we both need hints and stratagies plz!!??:bdroid1: :amidala: :amidala: :amidala: :amidala: :amidala:
 Kudar
11-08-2001, 8:44 AM
 Lord Tirion
11-08-2001, 5:01 PM
Kud'ar Mub'at, if you wanted that game of Paragon vs. me, you can download it and add it to your site if you wish. Paragon is a good rusher and people will learn how to rush by watching that game.
 Kudar
11-18-2001, 6:43 AM
Originally posted by Lord Tirion
Kud'ar Mub'at, if you wanted that game of Paragon vs. me, you can download it and add it to your site if you wish. Paragon is a good rusher and people will learn how to rush by watching that game.

Thanks, it's in the downloads section now :)

I'll be putting some of my games up soon,

me getting beaten by Leon (badly :( )
me getting beaten by someone else (happens so often I forget)
me getting beat upon by 2 guys (bullies)
me finally winning (albeit a monument game :) )

hehe
 EE_LemmonHead
11-24-2001, 1:40 AM
i found that the wookies are good at rushes, they have the best troopers. so what you do is build lots of mounted troopers cause they can do lots of damage. build like 15 of them and rush the enemy and try to get 10-20 of your workers on the purple stuff so when you reach tech 3 you can build lots of fortresses and shields to kill your opponent
 Knights_Q2
11-25-2001, 7:18 PM
Ok, rushing, this is a broad topic but I'll tackle it.

Rushing can happen is all four ages. It is generally attacking your opponent before they are ready to fight back. Some call it cheap, others live by it.

t1 rushes-These are tough and risky. They should always be done with trooper recruits(not mounties). A woerker can take a recruit it self so you got to control your troops well. I don't recomend this, but it's an option you can pursue.

t2 rushes- Most rushes come here and in t3. These can be done with troopers, mounties, towers, scouts and jedi(effectively at least) Trooprs are again your best bet. They beat vills best, are very cheap, and you can start em in t1. Mounties are ok but they r more expensive, so I don't recomend em. Scouts work ok, but they r very weak. They r a good distraction but poor for an all out rush. Jedi are very effective. Solid amounts of troopers beat em, but they slaughter all else. Along with the trooper rush, this is your best option. Towers work well as support, but a tower only rush is not smart at all. It's easy, but any decent palyer can stop it.

t3 rushes- These are later but more powerful than t2. They usually use strike mechs or air but mounties, troopers, jedi, and fortreses are other good options. Air rushes are the msot powerful...as long as they have no aa turrets. 3 fighters takes 3 aa troopers easy, but not turrets. Strikers are harder to defend against, but they are weaker in terms of power vs workers and they are more expensive(u need alot of carbon in t3). Mounties are great for harrasment as they r cheap by t3 and move fast. They beat mechs well to. Just worry about air. Jedi can be used but are still very expensive, I'd wait till t4 to use them any other palce than t2 unless you plan on massing them by t4 like some do. Other units are ok for it, but the above mentioned are the usual best. Fortress dropping is very effective. While it comes later, its not a bad thing to persue if u can.

t4 rushes- U rarely see these. But sometimes a player will get a very fast 22-26 min t4 and use superior units against his enemy(like assault mechs, upgraded air, troopers, or mechs, and cannons). They are very risky but are devestating if pulled off right. Don't try thus unless you are very good. Usually t4 fighting however will start between 35-40 so that would not be a rush.

Thats mostly it. Other than that, just remember to always make vills because econ is key to any rush.
 Cup_A_Jabba
11-28-2001, 10:20 PM
Originally posted by Lord Tirion

I'm interested in seeing that match, If possible could you tell me where it is so I could d/l too?? thanks in advance!
Page: 1 of 1