Note: LucasForums Archive Project
The content here was reconstructed by scraping the Wayback Machine in an effort to restore some of what was lost when LF went down. The LucasForums Archive Project claims no ownership over the content or assets that were archived on archive.org.

This project is meant for research purposes only.

@!!*@&*#*&!!!?

Page: 1 of 1
 Metallus
01-24-2002, 12:07 AM
Gah, this evening, to my dismay, I pulled out Grim Fandango Disk 1, only to find a large crack in it! Years of wear and tear finally took their toll on the flimsy cardboard shell that contains the game disks, and now I'll have to purchase the game again. Oh well, I guess LEC will make some money on GF after all ;P.
 MtBlanc
01-24-2002, 12:42 AM
*sniff* That's so sad.... :( Please excuse me for a couple of seconds, while I try to compose myself.
 Metallus
01-24-2002, 12:48 AM
Yeah, the suckiest part about it is now I really want to replay Grim...
 Tall Guy
01-24-2002, 3:48 AM
well u know where to get it if u need a copy. Over here in the UK....(now in trendy DVD packaging!! ;)) Its everywhere!
 Metallus
01-24-2002, 3:55 AM
I'll get the $10 Jewel Case this time. Better protection against the elements.
 elainetheshrew
01-24-2002, 4:45 AM
That's terrible! I'm in the middle of moving house, so it's all packed away, and I'm having withdrawal symptoms. I don't know what I'd do without... no, I can't go on.
 MeddlingMonk
01-24-2002, 4:14 PM
Mine came out of the cardboard the moment I got it. It's in one of those padded Case Logic things now.
 chrisguiblin
01-25-2002, 1:15 PM
*gets out grimfandango* - oops dropped it - dawn now i'll have to go get the dvd boxed version :)
 Tall Guy
01-25-2002, 2:28 PM
and if you feel like you wanna buy me a copy, email me :D ;)
 QueZTone
01-25-2002, 5:18 PM
hehe, with those carton cd holders, I always remove the cds from it and put the carton in a special storage box. Then I place the cds in an empty jewelcase. That way the cd is better secured. Plus the carton doesn't get damaged, cause especially those carton cd holders wear off at the edges REALLY fast. And I'm a maniac when it comes to keeping LucasArts stuff in top condition :) NO ONE can touch my gameboxes on my room hehe NO ONE :) Ok I'm dramatic, but it's just an obsession I guess ;) But a nice one :D
 Metallus
01-25-2002, 6:13 PM
Yeah well, you know what they say, hindsight is 20/20.
 Flynn_17
01-26-2002, 4:50 AM
Everything (or nearly everything) comes in DVD packaging in the UK now. Its like some kind of disease......*takes a sandwich out of its DVD case*
 Lemon Head
01-26-2002, 6:59 AM
Originally posted by Flynn_17
Everything (or nearly everything) comes in DVD packaging in the UK now. Its like some kind of disease......*takes a sandwich out of its DVD case* Thank god for that - nostalgia aside, those big boxes were awful, i mean MI4 consisted of a single CD case but had huge packaging. What's the point?

originally it was thought that the bigger box you had, the more eye-catching it would be, and the more sales you'd get, but the DVD boxes are so much nicer
 Huz
01-26-2002, 7:28 AM
Originally posted by Lemon Head
Thank god for that - nostalgia aside, those big boxes were awful, i mean MI4 consisted of a single CD case but had huge packaging. What's the point?

originally it was thought that the bigger box you had, the more eye-catching it would be, and the more sales you'd get, but the DVD boxes are so much nicer
Ugh, I hate those DVD boxes - with a passion!! The next-to-empty MI4 box just demonstrated that LEC couldn't be arsed, more than anything else. But most of the games I tend to buy actually had a manual worth reading and something a little extra before those DVD boxes came along.

I wouldn't mind if the games had actually gone down in price accordingly (less storage space, cheaper packaging, less extra junk to put in the boxes), but since they haven't, cuss. Down with this sort of thing. (Careful now)
 QueZTone
01-26-2002, 11:12 AM
LemonHead, por favor....

Rrghh..hнjole, dvd boxes aren't as cool as original game boxes :)

i mean, the original gameboxes are so much cooler hehe, hmm i just said the same twice didnt i :)

anyway what i'd like to see are games packed in original gameboxes with inside a dvdpackage instead of jewelcases :D Now that'd be something ;)
 Tall Guy
01-26-2002, 12:17 PM
it also completly defeats the object, but it would be cool all the same ;)
 SyntheticGerbil
01-27-2002, 6:55 AM
You can just send back Disc 1 to LA for 5 bucks.

I had to do it with Disc 2... it had some sort of problem where it took 5 minutes to load each scene. Not a great method of playing.
 Metallus
01-27-2002, 6:59 AM
Well, I could blow the majority of a $25 gift certificate and get it for free from amazon.com. I'd rather buy something I don't already have, though.
 Tall Guy
01-27-2002, 7:03 AM
like...errrrr.....GF for exmple?!!
 Lemon Head
01-27-2002, 6:40 PM
Come on, they've never give away anything of any consequence in games for years (except possible Ultima Online). I admit the box art is nicer when it's all big, but the waste of space is so frustrating, if you could get the look of a box onto the convenience of a DVD package - i'd be happy
 MeddlingMonk
01-28-2002, 3:12 PM
Lord British held out longer than others when it came to goodies with games. But now that Origin has been gutted by EA you won't see that again. And there's no telling where LB's new company is going.
 hncalavera
02-03-2002, 2:54 AM
Continued sales means greater possibility for a sequel... or at least more great LA adventure games... hopefully.
 Fender
02-03-2002, 9:28 AM
Unfotuanately, LEC are so Star Wars orientated...... I hope we get another MI, or even better (Completely out of the question) A Sequel to Day of the Tentacle!
 Xyco
02-05-2002, 9:29 AM
Yearh!!! I hate when it happends!!! If was the one who had made the game, I would have given you a ney CD right away, if you still had the box, where the game was in... I love adventure gaming, and when my Star Control 3 CD broke (before I had completed the game), I just got SO ANGRY, that I nearly was ready to kill to get it back!!! :mad: Hehe........ But I just bought a new copy for only about 7$...... :D
But I don't know what I would do, if I lost my GF cd..... I could maybe buy it over the internet, 'cause I cant but it in any shop in Denmark!!!
 stewlil
01-21-2007, 5:22 AM
On an old post, i saw GF in HMV the other day amongst normal PC games which also included DIG, MI3 and Full Throttle all for Ј10 each! i may just have to buy all of them
 King Dando
01-21-2007, 11:47 AM
If you look closely, this thread is 5-6 years old, and you've just revived it...
Page: 1 of 1