Note: LucasForums Archive Project
The content here was reconstructed by scraping the Wayback Machine in an effort to restore some of what was lost when LF went down. The LucasForums Archive Project claims no ownership over the content or assets that were archived on archive.org.

This project is meant for research purposes only.

Ultimate Feature List!

Page: 1 of 1
 mariners2001
01-23-2002, 5:57 PM
This is basically what we know so far. Hopefully this will change once IGN gets the frickin preview up!

* 13 Weapons (type of attacks and source):
1) Lightsaber (variety of moves; ability to turn off) [official]
2) E-11 Blaster Rifle (single and rapid fire) [official]
3) Destructive Electro-Magnetic Pulse 2 Gun [official]
(Primary: single energy ball; secondary: fast fire that causes radius damage)
4) Thermal Detonator (explosive) [official]
5) Bowcaster (actual projectiles, bouncing and charge up available)[official]
6) Tenloss Disruptor Rifle [official]
(Primary: chargable single fast moving shot; secondary: disintegrates; INCLUDES SNIPER)
7) Detonator Packs (sequencer charges?) [Gamespy]
8) Stun Baton [official]
9) Flechette (fires knife-like blades that Jedi's can't block, shotgun like, secondary fire shoots timed explosive canisters) [PC Gamer and IGN]
10) Repeater [PC Gamer]
11) Merr-Son missile system [PC Gamer & Gamespot]
12) Trip mines [Gamespot]
13) Bryar Pistol (charge up mode available) [official]

* Force Powers (abilities and source)
1) Jump [official]
2) Push (can push objects - aka thermal detonators or people away) [official]
3) Jedi Mind Tricks [official]
(Beginning levels you can distract one person for 5 seconds, further along you can distract multiple people; In MP you will be invisible for a certain amount of seconds)
4) Lightning [official]
(Beginning levels you can hit one target, later levels you can hit multiple people at once)
5) Grip/Choke (at the highest level, you lift the enemy in midair and throw them in any direction) [PC Gamer and Gamespy]
6) Pull (pull people or objects towards you; also at beginning levels you can pull people out from underneath their feet and watch them trip) [PC Gamer, Gamespot and Gamepy]
7) Heal (beginning levels you must hold still while healing, later on you may move while healing and ?possibly heal others?)
[PC Gamer and Gamespy]
8) Speed [Gamespy]
9) Drain (depletes all force energy, MP only!) [Gamespot]
10) Absorb (MP only) [Gamespot]
OTHER MULTIPLAYER ONLY FORCE POWERS!

* Multiplayer Modes (up to 64 players)
1) Capture the Flag [official]
2) Team Capture the Flag [official]
3) Holocron (players with the holocron have special force powers and may use them as long as no one kills and takes it away) [Somewhat official]
4) Deathmatch [official]
5) Free-for-all [Gamespy]
6) Jedi Master (one lightsaber that everyone fights for) [Gamespy]
7) Jedi Duel (one on one) [Gamespot]

* Locations
1) Nar Shadda
2) Cloud City
3) Jedi Training Station
4) Death Star
MANY MORE MULTIPLAYER MAPS!

Also...
3 force power levels that get more powerful each level
Up to 3 differenr firing attacks per weapon
More than 24 lightsaber combat moves
Many acrobatic moves such as flips and wall jumps
 Desslock
01-23-2002, 6:12 PM
Forgot Death Star under locations [Gamespy]
 JPMaximilian
01-23-2002, 6:13 PM
Wow, looks like you've been keeping track. I'd rather not see the repeater or the Rail Detonator again, as they are not in any other Star Wars documentation.
 Desslock
01-23-2002, 6:17 PM
My Jawa is cooler than your Jawa Max! :D :jawa
 SaberPro
01-23-2002, 6:20 PM
Jawa Competition?! :jawa
 [SWS]Strider
01-23-2002, 6:58 PM
Sorry to sound critical but there's a few things wrong on that list. There will be no CO-OP mode and the bowcaster does not have a sniper scope. That is confirmed.

Strider
 mariners2001
01-23-2002, 7:04 PM
Yeah, I wasn't sure about the co-operative, just read about it in PC Gamer. However, I was quite sure about the bowcaster having a zoom mode and have read about it multiple places.
 [SWS]Strider
01-23-2002, 8:01 PM
I'd like to see a quote on that. I am almost positive that raven has said the scope will be exclusive on one gun.

Strider
 OnlyOneCanoli
01-23-2002, 8:03 PM
PC Gamer was wrong. Raven has said it won't have a scope.
 Home_Sliced
01-23-2002, 8:04 PM
A guy from Raven came on the forum and specifically said that only one weapon has a zoom and its not the bowcaster, E11, or the Bryar.

This thread: http://www.lucasforums.com/showthread.php?s=&threadid=23337)

"Neither the Bryar Pistol or Blaster Rifle have a zoom (neither does the Bowcaster, as the PC Gamer article claims). However, one of the weapons does have a zoom mode..."
 [SWS]Strider
01-23-2002, 8:04 PM
YAY! I'm a pit droid!

Strider
 mariners2001
01-23-2002, 8:13 PM
Stupid PC Gamer!! I was all excited... oh well. The disrupter looks awesome!
 Moses
01-23-2002, 10:13 PM
Yeah I'm excited about the disruptor! Can you imagine watching a stormtrooper disintegrate? I wonder what they will do about that with bosses? Disintegrate the boss? :cool: Most likely not...

Congrats by the way, Strider! On being a pit droid I mean...
 Scav
01-23-2002, 10:19 PM
Originally posted by Moses
Yeah I'm excited about the disruptor! Can you imagine watching a stormtrooper disintegrate? I wonder what they will do about that with bosses? Disintegrate the boss? :cool: Most likely not...

Congrats by the way, Strider! On being a pit droid I mean...

Well, no, I can't imagine that. I'm only a simple supercomputer which is capable of recreating in virtual reality any experience which a human can feel; processing over 500 trillion functions per second with infinite memory and unlimited harddisk space; and capable of interactive communication in a real time format with ordinary humans.

I'm also good at linguistics. Did I mention that?
 Com Raven
01-24-2002, 7:15 AM
Originally posted by JPMaximilian
Wow, looks like you've been keeping track. I'd rather not see the repeater or the Rail Detonator again, as they are not in any other Star Wars documentation.

Well, I loved repeater ...

eat this, probe droid scum !!!
 Toa Tahu
01-24-2002, 7:44 AM
Flechette?Isn't that the Golan Arms FC-1?i thought that that is some type of gun that fires out multiple bullets at one push of the trigger?

Anyway,turn off the lightsaber?Then how do we fight?

Anyway2,your list is greatly populated,and congrats to you for that.
 Desslock
01-24-2002, 8:38 AM
Originally posted by Toa Tahu
Flechette?Isn't that the Golan Arms FC-1?i thought that that is some type of gun that fires out multiple bullets at one push of the trigger?

We can turn off the lightsaber so enemies wont hear or see the ambience created by it. That and it'd look damn cool to see 2 players ignite their sabers at the same time on a catwalk and fight. :)
 StarScrap
01-24-2002, 9:26 AM
Originally posted by Toa Tahu

Yes, the Golan Arms FC-1 is the flechette. (Golan Arms Flechette Cannon, I think) What a flechette weapon is, is a gun that fires a cartrige that explodes before impact, spraying the area with shrapnel. I seem to recall reading that you can change spread and types of cartriges (anti-infantry anti-vehicle, maybe EF but that's purely speculative).
 Agen_Terminator
01-24-2002, 12:06 PM
I imagine that when the light saber is turned off it gives u better flexibility and u can climb stuff.
 dazilla
01-24-2002, 4:42 PM
hmm...you should be able to block the flechette shots with force push (if not the first or second class ones, well at least the third class one).
 JPMaximilian
01-24-2002, 5:50 PM
Originally posted by Desslock
My Jawa is cooler than your Jawa Max! :D :jawa

Didn't realize someone else had the same Avatar, changed mine so there wouldn't be any confusion, even if mine was better. ;)
 mariners2001
01-24-2002, 7:36 PM
Updated for corrections and new info. via Gamespot and IGN
Page: 1 of 1