Note: LucasForums Archive Project
The content here was reconstructed by scraping the Wayback Machine in an effort to restore some of what was lost when LF went down. The LucasForums Archive Project claims no ownership over the content or assets that were archived on archive.org.

This project is meant for research purposes only.

Computer Players

Page: 1 of 1
 MercenaryI{aos
01-22-2002, 6:19 PM
Are the NPCs going to walk around aimlessly around or just sit there until you talk or interact with them? I think it would be cool if the NPCs would help or if you have a buisness they'd come in a give you some customers.
P.S. I have never played any other MMORPG before like Everquest etc. so if this is obvious to you, it's not so obvious to me:D
 Wraith 8
01-22-2002, 6:35 PM
well... it isnt to obvious for me too... this will also be my first game like this... but i dont rely know... i hope its not always like the game 'The phantom menace' when guys who looked strong would go after you...... or just start yelling at yah :D :D

honestly dont know... but your not the only one then :D
 Juztyn
01-22-2002, 11:34 PM
Friendly NPCs might move around and talk, but it's unlikely that they'll buy anything or do anything other then wander and emote. It's just too much server code for such a little thing. We might see it in some 4th generation MMORPG's, though, but there aren't any of those in developement yet.

(WoW, SWG, etc, are 3rd generation MMOG's, AC, EQ, DAoC, and AO are 2nd generation, and UO and Meridian are 1st generation)
 Com Raven
01-23-2002, 7:25 AM
You can hire ncp shoskeeps for your shop, and they work there will you are away ...

Beside that, I think that certain npc (such as the vips) have their own agendas ...
Page: 1 of 1