Note: LucasForums Archive Project
The content here was reconstructed by scraping the Wayback Machine in an effort to restore some of what was lost when LF went down. The LucasForums Archive Project claims no ownership over the content or assets that were archived on archive.org.

This project is meant for research purposes only.

Rushing Units

Page: 1 of 1
 Bleah
01-22-2002, 12:52 AM
I know a lot of pple here love to do tech 3 rushes. I was just wondering wat type and number of units do u build to attempt the rush. The more units u build will safeguard it against a counter but it also kills time and allows the opponent to get a better defense.
 duder
01-22-2002, 4:14 AM
2 or 3 strike mechs as soon as I hit tech 3, or if my base is far away I would go for 4 or 5 fighters.
 Leia's Panties
01-24-2002, 9:24 PM
Yes strike mechs and Air untis are the most common t3 rushing unit.

The problem with these is that both are easily countered by tech 2 troop centre units, those being grenadiers and AA respectively, padded out with a few troopers for cannon fodder.

Jedi and Pummels are 2 of the strongest unupgraded t3 units. Jedi are a favourite as u can build them in t2 and upgrade them as soon as u hit t3.

I hate it when im laughing at my opponent about how he is rushing my base with 4 padawans and all of a sudden they change into sith knights.

Ive been fiddling around with some early t3 rushes with unique units. the extra ore and fortress build time slow you down but there are a few with some considerable punch. Ive never seen any of the pros ive gone up agaisnt try this but we'll see how it works.
 Darktrooper
02-17-2002, 5:04 PM
it also works in tech lvl 1 but a tech lvl 2 mounted troop rush is good. get about 10 of em upgraded as much as u can them send em inalong with some troopers
 Rogue15
02-21-2002, 11:02 AM
10 tech 2 fully upgraded troops, 4 mounted troops, 2 workers, and 200 ore.

Use the troopers to guard the turrets that your workers build, and once the turrets are built, take the troops up to their barracks, and destroy everything that walks out, as well as destroy the barracks, once the barracks is destroyed, go after their workers. Use the mounted troopers to go after their production facilities...when u hit tech 3, immediately build an airbase, and finish them off with bombers. :D
Page: 1 of 1