Note: LucasForums Archive Project
The content here was reconstructed by scraping the Wayback Machine in an effort to restore some of what was lost when LF went down. The LucasForums Archive Project claims no ownership over the content or assets that were archived on archive.org.

This project is meant for research purposes only.

Jk2 code + checksums

Page: 1 of 1
 Zx2
01-21-2002, 9:11 PM
Yo, i'm assuming that the modified Q3 code will be fairly similar to the original JK code, just wondering if i could get a list of similarities/differences (if indeed such a list exists)

and what will the checksum be like? hopefully not as weak as the original JK's. (no offense 2 Lucasarts)

just wonderin

btw, i be the new member ;)
 UniKorn
01-23-2002, 3:20 AM
I think it is a better idea to start from the Elite Force code. And at the moment we have actually no idea where the differences lie between q3-jk2 or ef-jk2.
 Wilhuf
01-24-2002, 5:07 PM
'Pure servers' will require that any clients will have to have exactly the same PAK files as the server they are logging into. So, if a server is running a default unmodified PAK set, everything should be AOK.
 Darth_Lando
01-24-2002, 5:28 PM
Good.

because if the cheating is half as bad as in Counter-Strike then JO2 MP will have some serious problems.

And it isn't just the cheaters, it is always the paranoid people who accuse anyone who killed them of cheating. I am so over that childishnes but the world stays the same.
 Dorvo
02-01-2002, 9:00 PM
Apparently, multiplayer cheating has been dealt with... and now there isn't any.
That's what was on the FAQ page at the official site.
Page: 1 of 1