Note: LucasForums Archive Project
The content here was reconstructed by scraping the Wayback Machine in an effort to restore some of what was lost when LF went down. The LucasForums Archive Project claims no ownership over the content or assets that were archived on archive.org.

This project is meant for research purposes only.

ORE and NOVA in scenario editor

Page: 1 of 1
 fido4fox
01-17-2002, 5:22 PM
I was goofing around with the Scenario edtitor last night and I made a pretty cool player map, the only problem is that I only have carbon to work with! How do you place NOVA and ORE? I tried to test it and no minerals came up for me. Just wondering, Fido:c3po:
 Chessack
01-17-2002, 6:32 PM
Nova and Ore are listed as units rather than terrain features (stupid, IMO, but that's how it is). The same is true of Fish and Herd Animals... So, to place them, you need to place units. The only "player" that has these units is Gaia. Select "Gaia" from the "Player" list when in unit placement mode, and then select "misc" (I think, or it might be something like "special"). Scroll down to the Ns and Os, and you will see both Nova and Ore listed. Place them by selecting Nova or Ore, and then clicking on the map.

Why these are considered "units" is beyond me, and it is very counter-intuitive. Personally, I think this game really needs a "scenario editor" instruction manual, as it is not self-evident how to do it, and the interface is far short of being transparently obvious.
Page: 1 of 1