Note: LucasForums Archive Project
The content here was reconstructed by scraping the Wayback Machine in an effort to restore some of what was lost when LF went down. The LucasForums Archive Project claims no ownership over the content or assets that were archived on archive.org.

This project is meant for research purposes only.

A tale ...

Page: 1 of 2
 Com Raven
01-15-2002, 11:23 AM
Devin checked for a last time if his BlasTechs energy cell was in it's place . Yes, it was there, as it had been the last 5 times he had checked it . Hell, even his blaster started to get full of this dust that was everywhere on this damn hell of a planet !
How he wished to get rid of it, get rid of this whole mess that was his job and just get a hot bath .

"Keep cool guy", he reminded himself . Finishing this job would after all earn him enough credits to spend the rest of his live bathing . "And even bathing with company", he added with that rouguish grin that people somehow seemed to like about him .

Just why did he have this feeling that something was awfully wrong ? Had he forgotten something ?? The plan was easy .
Almost too easy . He had to go in there, tell his "customer" that he had his cargo waiting just around the corner .Of course there wasn't anything there, except that blaster he would push down that guys throat .
The duststorm should ensure that the corpse wasn't found before he had left the system .

Just why would he get that many credits for killing an out-of-business smuggler ? Sure, Hutts had a long memory and nobody likes to get double-crossed . Still, he couldn't get rid of the feeling in the back of his head that told that he had missed a part of the puzzle ...

This in mind, he draw one last deeop breath of the planet's dusty air .He regreted doing so just a second later, when the heavy, dust filled air made him cough .
This was the last reminder that it was time to act, to get of this floating sphere of dirt .

He slowly opened the cantina's door and stepped in ....
 Wraith 8
01-15-2002, 4:02 PM
*Garik Loran was seated at the back of the cantina. he was drinking there with an old friend. Booster Terrik. the man was a good smuggler and always has a way to get out of narrow situations. they were here to do business. Garik was a ex-actor for the empire. but he wore a disguise so people wouldnt recognize him. they probably wouldnt because without the disguise he had a scar running from the top of his face to the othet side lower side of his face. the nick named him 'the face'.

Garik was in system here do do some deals over vaporator parts for the locals. Booster hired him and his ship do do some hauling for him. they were just on the end of the deal.*

Booster:
So you gonna go to Sluis Van then??? to get your upgrades?

Garik:
Yeah i believe i will. but i hope to get a deal before i leave. I've got an apointment with this guy called Darklighter.

Booster:
OH! him! he is a good guy. but he is mean sometimes. watch him.
Well i will send you other details later in this week and we will tak again.

Garik:
Ok.. greetings to your daughter. and i will look forward to it.

*they shook eachothers hand and Booster departed threw the door. Just before he left, a guy entered. He looked suspisious.
But he didnt show any interest in Garik. Booster left the cantina and sut the door. THe man went to the bar and ordered a drink.
Face sat back and sipped from his own drink and watched the man carefully.*
 Juztyn
01-16-2002, 2:45 AM
Hahna sat in the darkest booth in a shadow filled section of the bar. The five mugs on the table were her only companions, and all but one were empty. She gazed surely across the cantina, watching Booster Terrik carefully. Sure, she'd had a couple drinks, but that didn't mean she wasn't alert enough to do her job. Terrik knew a lot, and in doing so, needed alot of watching.

She saw his companion rise and leave through the door, as another man entered. Her eyes narrowed as they followed the new bar patron across the floor. He was intent on something, that much she could tell, but her instinct told her there was more to him then met the eye.

She smiled grimly as she spotted the blaster in his holster and the hand that was wrapped tightly around it. Indeed, this man was much more then a simple civilian. She pondered alerting the bartender for a moment, but decided such an act would require too much effort on her part, and took a sip of her Corellian Ale.

Hahna sat back against the dusty wall and watched as the man-who-was-more-then-he-seemed approached his target.
 Com Raven
01-16-2002, 8:32 AM
Devin took a few careful steps into the room .It was exactly the time it took his eyes to adjust to his new envoronments dimmed lighting . He let his gaze wander through the room swiftly, easily picking those who might pose a thread from the usual, harmful ruffians that could be found in any cantina from here to the core .

There were a few people who fell into that category .
On the far end of the room, in a booth as dark as cold space sat a lonely figure, probably female, though he couldn't be sure .

Allowing his gaze to float further across the room, he quickly discarded most of the people as potential players in his game .

"Standing here will raise too much interest in me and my business", he quickly reminded himself, so he took a few quick steps over to the bar, where he asked the bartender for "a glas of correlian gin .And I really mean corellian ", he added, when the memory of how a hell of booze that was labeled to be from corellia had put him in mortal danger .

He threw a few coins on the bar, and slowly turned back to the people behind him, carefully sipping from his drink .
Welcome warmth floated through his throat as took a few longer turns .

Devin decided to wait a while, observing as well as trying to drown the damn coolness of the planets dusty atmosphere ....
 Wraith 8
01-16-2002, 1:47 PM
*Garik watched the guy at the bar. Gariks little feeling over the force told him that this man not here for pleasure. he also had some tingeling in his mind that said someone else was watching him. but he searched the room and could not find anyone looking at him. Well garik had some grip on the force... but nothing big... very small in fact. he took a big sip of his drink and but the empty glass down.*

OOH!! im late!

*Garik gets up and walks toward the bar and to the man standing. he stands next to the man and looks him straight in the eyes. the man looks back with very cold eyes. or he was cold himself. Garik couldnt tell.*

Good day sir. Jack! i want to pay for my drink. here you are and ill see you next time!

Bartender:
OK Garik. untill next time. say hi to your crew for me!

I will!

*Garik looked at the man again. then he turned his haid and walked toward the door. he goes threw it. *
 Com Raven
01-16-2002, 1:57 PM
Hell, who was this guy ??
Something about him, about the manner in which he moved reminded Devin of something ....
Yet he couldn' tell what or who it was .
As knowledge ment might and not knowing things death in his business, he put the rest of the gin down, feeling the nice, warm feeling mingle down his throat .
He could feel the supposed-be woman's gaze brun holes into his back .

"Hey, you forgot your exchange money", he called after the leaving man, while he busily put a few coins on the bar where the man dad sat a few seconds before ....
 Juztyn
01-16-2002, 2:05 PM
(ooc: Whoops, I read Wraith 9's first post incorrectly. I thought his char had left, not Booster's. No worries :D)

Hahna watched carefully as the stranger who-was-more-then-he-seemed walked slowly across the room. He seemed hesitant, as if some force in his mind was telling him not to go through with what he was obvious meaning to do. Hahna didn't particularily care; a little death never hurt anyone. She was accustomed to it, in her former line of work.

But that seemed like years ago, now. And all that remained of that life were a few measly credits with bought her drinks and paid the rent for her small, cramped apartment.

This man, however, seemed very interesting to her. He was obviously not a seasoned veteran, or he would have backed away from his job. She frowned, and took another sip of her Ale. Yes, this man could be very useful to her.

She watched as the man whom with Booster was talking stopped at the bar on his way out, then rose herself and walked confidentally towards the counter...
 Com Raven
01-16-2002, 2:47 PM
Waiting for a reaction from the departing man, Devin could hear some silent steps as someone strode towards him from behind .

He didn't have to look to see who it was .
"Ah well, this thing could get interesting after all", he thought, while he prepared a diasarming smile for whomever he might face first ...
 Wraith 8
01-16-2002, 2:59 PM
(@ Juztyn: no problem. i thought you did by reading your post :D. i use other characters sometimes wich realy excist in the Star Wars world :D)

*Garik shut the door behind him and walked off. he thought he heard something a second back. but his mind was too far away from the cantina right now. he walked threw the sandstorm going threw the city. he hated sandstorms. they always get sand in his clothes. and the grain of sand gets in to spots you dont want it.
He directly turned a corner by the bar and headed for the hanger.
while he was walking, he thought about about the man. something familiar about him. after a while he was thinking of the upgrades of his ship. His ship was a modified YT-2400. named: 'Ewoks pride'. He got the name after he found some Ewoks at the spacestation where he bought the ship. he got a crew of 4 including himself. 1 co-pilot, 1 naviagtor, and 1 gunners, if the occation called for it. all good friends of him. And again he got the feeling someone was watching him. He walked on*
 Com Raven
01-16-2002, 3:06 PM
"Ah well, maybe he's not such a great conversationalist", Devin told himself as the man left . He'd have to investigate about him later . Assuring himslef that this made most people weak, he turned towards the approaching women, showing a striking smile ...
 Juztyn
01-16-2002, 5:43 PM
Hahna smiled thinly as the man turned to face her. Now that she had a closer look, she was almost impressed. The man was obviously a smuggler of some sort, his posture told her that much, and judging by his rougish smile, she would bet on him being Corellian, as well.

Hahna leaned close, bringing her mouth close to the man's ear, and whispered, "Looking for something, friend?"

She smiled, and stood up. The man's rougish smile turned into a frown, and he stared intently at her, trying to decipher her intent. She nudged another patron off the stool beside his, and turned to order another ale, waiting to see what the smuggler would do.
 Wraith 8
01-16-2002, 6:21 PM
*Garik enters his hanger bay and walks up the ramp. His navigator, Ton Phanan is working on his R2 unit. *

Garik:
Hey Ton. You want to do me a favor?

Ton:
Sure, if it isnt to difficult and dont get my ass blown off.

*Garik smiled at Ton and he smiled too. his Co-pilot entered the main hall. The small Twi'lek women walked with pride. she stopped and listened.*

Garik:
Good. there is this guy in the vantina here, wich is very suspicious. can you go and follow him a bit. blend in with the croud. make conversations and stuff.

Ton:
Sure! ill go now.

*He took off and Garik stared at his second in command. she looked back.*

Garik:
Come on Dia. We got an apointment.

*They both walked down the ramp and Garik closed it. He also closed the door to the hangar. They left.*
 Com Raven
01-17-2002, 6:51 AM
"Sure, I was looking for a bit company ! Working all day in some dusty mine can get pretty boring .Oh, yeah, where are my manners .Take that seat .And the drinks on me "

Hmm, wad did this women want .A look in here eyes told him that she wasn't a plesure girl of some kind .There was something darker about her .She did in fact look like the trouble he wanted to avoid .
This evening promised to get more interesting than he had imagined it to be...
 Juztyn
01-17-2002, 2:08 PM
Upon hearing his voice Hahna froze. Yes, indeed, this man was much more then he seeemed. While his posture and manner were that of a smuggler, his voice most certainly was not. She almost went faint, for he sounded like some sort of Coruscant royalty. Her years on that blasted city world had taught her everything she needed to know about it's native inhabitants, or so she had thought. Hahna tried to cover her surprise as she looked deep into the man's calculating eyes. How had she misjudged him so?

Much, much, more then he seemed. Hahna hoped she wasn't in over her head. She put on an alluring smile and subtly glanced down at his blaster, which was still held stiffly by his hand.

"That's not exactly what I meant. "

She let her eyes glance around the bar, stopping for fractions of a second on each of the other patrons, then stared back into her company's eyes.

She gave the man her most deadly, most knowledgable smile and whispered so she could barely be heard.

"Just who is it you're here to kill, Coruscant?"
 Com Raven
01-17-2002, 2:17 PM
"Well, I am a real ladykiller or so my friends say if you mean that !"

Hell, was he so predictable that she took a look at him and knew his business and cradle ? This women was surprising, and remebering the other guy he asked himself if he should just leave and return later to get this prey .He abandoned that thought a second later .
Looking like a standard romancier, he leaned forward to her ear .
"Corellia I suppose ??"
He would just try to play over that notion of killing someone .
 Juztyn
01-17-2002, 3:22 PM
Hahna smiled thinly.

"Could be, stranger.."

She moved closer, coming within a foot of him.

She whispered: "But you know... that's not what I meant..."
 Com Raven
01-17-2002, 3:53 PM
"I don't suppose we ever met before ?? You got a strange manner of asking strangers things, you know .
Care to have a little walk", he asked, once again flashing an inviting smile ....
 Juztyn
01-17-2002, 4:04 PM
Hahna tried very hard to keep the tight smile on her face, but failed and let out a choked laugh. This man was very evasive, and she found him almost.. attractive. She shook her head to clear her mind, trying to forget his charms and remember how dangerous he seemed.

She suddenly remembered his request, and noticed him looking at her strangly. She took a last gulp of her Corellian Ale, then restored the sly smile and nodded, gesturing towards the brightly lit doorway leading out into the light of Tatooine two scorching suns.

"After you, Stranger."
 Com Raven
01-17-2002, 4:19 PM
"Sure ! That means, wait :a bottle of that Corellian Gin please", he told he barkeeper, at the same time tossing a few more coins on the table ." Btw, was that little laughter a crack in your icy hull ?" He snatched the bottle and led the women out of the bar and into a lesser populated alley .

"So, let's assume I'd wanted to kill someone as you proposed . Would that mean that the 2 of us would have to be enemy's ??
That would be a real pity. Talking about a pity, I think I already forgot your name .Must be good stuff then", he laughed while he lifted the bottle .

He opened it and took a sip, then offering it to his mysterious companion , all the while trying to find something in those icy eyes ....
 Wraith 8
01-17-2002, 5:45 PM
*Garik and Dia sat around the table in a very wealthy house owned by a man called Gol'tar Darklighter. the man looked meen. he didnt look happy either.*

Gol'tar:
So you want to buy some parts for vaporators hah?? Well there is a problem than. I dont have any. at least not anymore.

Garik:
Oh.. that is unfortunite... but when we talked 2 standard weeks ago, you had plenty. what happened.

Gol'tar:
Well to tell you the truth. Im being watched. constantly. There is a prize on my head from Durga the Hutt. i've stolen stuff from him and now he has come after me. I sold everything i have to the first bidder that came along. The prize on my head is big enough to get a lot of bounty hunters attention. and im getting out of here.

*At the moment that Garik heard Gol'tar say bounty hunter. the litttle bell he cept hearing ,since he saw the strange man, stopped as everything fell into place. The man he saw was a bounty hunter looking for Gol'tar. but why at the bar? he should know that Gol'tar is not going into the public just like that.
Dia stared at him and nodded slowly. she knew what he was thinking... and she knew the man Garik described to her on the way over was a bounty hunter.*

Garik:
Are you the only one with a prize on your head? or is your entire staff on it to??

Gol'tar:
No. my second and third in command are on the list aswell. but i have not told them yet. they have a couple of days off... both of them. so that i can get out of here.

*Garik was about to say that Gol'tar was a coward, but then his comlink bleebed. it was Ton Phanan from inside the cantina.*

Ton:
The man is leaving. he has a woman with him.

Garik:
good. get back to the ship. i want you to delete all logs of us ever talking to darklighter. we got to get it out of the ship and other logs. before we get bounty hunters on our tail for hauling cargo for this man.

*Ton agreed and garik put out his comlink and clipped it on his belt. Gol'tar looked unhappy by the statement Garik made.
Garik and Dia got up and walked away. Gol'tar just stood there and didnt say anything.*

Garik:
You know. i find you a mindless Nerfherder. and if you say anything to anybody that we are involved with you.... i dont know what Dia would do to you.

*Garik smiled. but Dia almost laughed out loud. they left leaving Gol'tar standing.*
 Juztyn
01-17-2002, 7:14 PM
(ook: Using a little bit of artistic license here.. stop me if you see something you don't like.)

Hahna followed the man out of the bar and into the alleyway. The intense heat dried her throat immediately, and she happily leaned up against a shady sandstone wall and looked at the stranger.

She watched him intently as he attempted to work his magic on her, and eventually offered her the bottle. She took it and wet her parched mouth, never taking her eyes off the man with the blaster. Not that it would have mattered if he'd tried to pull it. She hadn't killed a man before by blind luck, and her lithe body wasn't the result of years of drinking. No, she was confident she could handle the stranger if he tried anything funny.

"I didn't say my name," she said, responding to his latter question, "and no, I can't see of any reason we need to be enemies..."

She noted he looked slightly relieved, and was trying to hide it. She herself was calmed slightly by her reaction, and leaned against the wall more lazily.

She turned to look out of the mouth of the alley, where dozens of aliens were going back and forth about their buisness. She couldn't stand them, which is why she spent most of her time on this god-forsaken planet in the mostly human-populated bar they had just vacated. She took another swig out of the bottle and passed in back over to the stranger.

"My name is Hahna," she said slowly, "And I think you need my help more then you know..."
 Com Raven
01-18-2002, 7:46 AM
"Heh, telling from the wy you look at them, it seems your not all too happy with non-humans around ...
Anyway, most people call me Devin...that is if they don't call me darling or try to shoot me !
So I need your help ?Sounds nice, just go on ..."
 Juztyn
01-18-2002, 1:46 PM
Obviously the man was more perceptive then he looked, Hahna thought to herself. But then, she'd known he was more then he seemed from the moment she'd first set eyes on him.

"Devin..." she repeated carefully. Wondering at the same time why she was getting herself into this mess, "You need my help because without it, you're not going to get very far in your mission."

Devin gave her a skepital look, and motioned for her to continue.

"Listen, City-boy. I spotted you in there as easily as you'd spot a splotch of black on a white shirt. You stick out like a sore thumb. If you want to kill anyone in this town, your certainly not going to do it by rushing in."

She stared into his eyes, "People have friends," she explained, "And friends don't like friend's getting shot..." She didn't even bother to hide the implication of her words.

"So what do you say.. Devin? Are you up for a little more finess, and a quicker and easier job?"
 Com Raven
01-19-2002, 6:47 AM
"So i suppose we're going to be that kind of friends too and not try to get each other killed ? Sounds good to me .
Two questions first though :
What have ya done to have that much expirience in such things, and who was that man in the cantina that left when you approached me ?I could swear I knew something about him ..."

He had done it . He had surrendered his defense to a women he had met 10 minutes ago . Ah well, he's have to see how this played out . He could kill her too if the need arose .That's at least what he hoped ....
 Juztyn
01-20-2002, 4:03 AM
(ooc: We need more people here :D )

Hahna bit her lower lip at the mention of experience, and turned away again to look out of the alley, her face becoming flushed. She knew the question would come, but she hadn't expected it so soon.

"It's personal.. and it was a long time ago.." She half-explained. She turned back, regaining control of her features. "As for the man who was talking to Terrik, I haven't the slightest idea. He has the manner of a pilot, though - a really good one - and I have the strangest feeling I've seen him somewhere before.."

Hahna thought back to her days piloting civilian shipments around Coruscant. She'd met many ****y fighter and freighter pilots there, but couldn't recall ever meeting this one. His features were indeed handsome, though, and somewhat familiar. The scar seemed out of place, though - and then she remembered. Garik Loran! The infamous child actor who starred in almost every piece of Imperial Propoganda since the first days of the Emperor. She tried to keep the surprise from her face, but failed. Devin gave her an odd look.

"Garik Loran." She admitted, "That's who he was.. I remember him from some holovids I saw on Coruscant."

She saw Devin's eyes perk up at the mention of the Imperial homeworld.

"Regardless, Devin, you haven't told me who it is you're after yet." She pressed, silently hoping it was who she thought it would be.
 Com Raven
01-20-2002, 8:55 AM
"Loran. That figures . I once meet him on a par....I mean, someone told me about him ..." Hell, she looked as if she could read his thoughts .This was definitely not good, but maybe they could just go about their business and part !
" I am looking for one Gol'Tar Darklighter, who is said to be frequenting that Cantine. Look like did business the wrong way, and that's something most Hutts don't like .
So, you wanna help me ? You could also tell me about your past, figure it'll be interesting. Maybe at least a tale that doesn't get you flushing red ..."
 Juztyn
01-20-2002, 2:37 PM
Just as Devin finished his sentance, and man stepped into the mouth of the alleyway, blocking the light. Hahna and Devin both turned to see who it was, and Hahna noticed Devin take a step back. The man was dressed in upper-scale clothing, but the blaster in his hand didn't hide anything about his reason for being here.

"I hear you've been looking for me, Mr. Raven." The man said. It clicked in Hahna's mind that this was probably the Gol'Tar Darklighter Devin had been looking for. "I don't like being hunting by a fellow upper-classmen, boy." Gol'Tar pointed his heavy blaster at Devin.

Devin looked surprised. "I didn't know you had the guts to do this, Darklighter," he said.

"I don't know about my guts, Hunter, but we're about to get a glimpe of yours." His finger tighened on the trigger.

Hahna raised her arm; her small holdout pistol dropped neatly into her hand, and before Darklighter could react, she snapped off a shot, missing wide. Gol'Tar ducked back behind a barrel as Hahna fired again, scorching the wall near her target. Gol'Tar began calling out, probably for reinforcements. Hahna hear scrambling near the mouth of the alley.

"Let's get out of here, Devin!" she shouted. He nodded, and firing once more at the barrel Gol'Tar was cowering behind, Hahna turned and sprinted down the alleyway, out into the street behind the bar, and through the streets of Mos Eisley. When she was certain they'd gotten away, she turned to Devin, who was breathing heavily.

"C'mon, Devin. We have to find someplace safer. Your accomidations are probably watched, but they won't know who I am, yet." She offered.

(ooc: Com, you can have the next big blasterfight scene :D )
 Com Raven
01-20-2002, 4:30 PM
"You see, that's what I said, people react very direct towards me .
Ah well, I suppose he was looking for you ..."
Was that a little smile playing around her lips ? Looks like they had to work toghether a bit, so getting rid of the tension should enhance their abilities greatly .
"Well, no matter , just go ahed, i'll check ur six . "
Why did she look at him like that ?Had he forgotten anything ? Oh, yeah, that one thing : " Well, thanks, I suppose .You know, I am not used to having a reason to say that often ..."
 Wraith 8
01-21-2002, 2:44 PM
*While Garik and his crew were packing everything to get out of Mos Eisly. when they heard some blaster fire somewhere outside. now it wasnt that special when you heard that in a big city like this... but this shot seemed to come close to the Cantina he just was.*

Im going to take a look out there. You just finish everything up so that we can get out of here.

*said Garik to his crew. they all nodded and went to work again. Garik walked outside the hangar and went to the end of the alley and turned right to the cantina. he saw some people running off into other alley's. there were some big scarring on the side of the cantina. looked like blaster fire. he went on looking. and then he saw Gol'tar standing at the beginning of an alley. and he looked at him. He pointed his blaster at Garik and fired. Garik dropped to the sand and Gol'tar's blast went wide. he got on his feet and ran away. Gol'tar screemed at him.*
"You wont make fun of me now Loran. You will never Betray me to someone else. Get him too guys"
*Garik ran away into another alley and a couple more. when he bumped into the bounty hunter and the woman Ton described. they were hiding from a couple of blasts. when the woman pointed her blaster at him. Garik looked at her with almost no fear in his eyes. Just the expression:"This is not my day"*
 Juztyn
01-24-2002, 3:17 AM
Hahna stared at the man who'd dragged Gol'tar back onto their trail with disgust. "Didn't we just leave this party?" She asked.

The man, who Hahna suddenly realized was the man she'd seen chatting with Booster ealier, Garik Loran, shrugged.

Devin, beside her, now sporting his own blaster, sighed. Hahna looked over at him, oddly, then fired over a wooden crate at the human, Gol'tar. "C'mon, let's get out of here. We'll go to my apartment." She motioned to Loran with her blaster, "You're coming with us."

With that, she lept out of cover, splattering blaster shots along the wall in front of which Gol'tar stood, sending him ducking madly close to the ground, and ran, with Garik and Devin hot on her tail.

Once again, she led them through the streets and backalleys, until they came to a seedier section of town. She led them up some narrow stairs and through a creeking dry wooden door into a dark room. She fumbled around in the darkness until she found a switch, and flicked it. Dim light filled the room, sending many of the shadows into retreat. Hahna motioned for them to sit on a cloth covered crate and she herself plopped down in an old pilot's ejector seat that was covered in a layer of dust.

Loran opened his mouth to say something, then shut it. Devin just stared at her peculiarly.

"Well?" she asked.
 Com Raven
01-24-2002, 8:00 AM
"Lovely apartment, I have to say. Maybe not exactly what you are used to", he grinned at Loran, "but still, lovely.

So, what's the plan now? And why did we drag him along with us ? I mean, I don't know what he did since his "death", butI doubt he'll be of much us "

He was sudeenly interupted by some running feet in the alley below . Drawing his blaster, he carefully walked to the door.

"How safe are we here? Many people know you're here ? "
 Wraith 8
01-24-2002, 9:00 AM
Garik looks around. he wanted to say something in i his defence. but he didnt. it would not have been a good idea.
he thought about the situation.
first: Gol'tar and his goon squad were after him, beause he was afraid i would betray him.
second: the bounty hunter doesnt trust him.
third: the woman took him along.... now there must be a reason for that.
fourth: he was a respected trader. and they were all... well dirty .

he added all possibilities...... they had one thing in common: Gol'tar wants us all dead.

Euh... mat I ask something?? This Nerfherder wants us all dead. I wa getting out of this place. and was off to Sluis Van for upgrades for my YT-2400. You want him dead. He pointed to the bounty hunter. You want to help him. he pointed to the woman.
If you want. i can get you 2 out of here. but only if you want. like i said. my next stop is Sluis Van.
 Com Raven
01-24-2002, 10:56 AM
"Uhm, it's not that I want anybody's help, all funny circumstances ....

But how about we see to this "nerfherder's" death, and then go to Sluis Van ...

Or part o course ...?
 Juztyn
01-24-2002, 3:10 PM
Hahna watched Garik and Devin converse. She could have been wrong, but the sounded as if they knew eachother. Hahna filed the theory away in the back of her mind and got back to the matter at hand. She interupted Garik as he was about to reply to Devin, "Not many people know who I am, let alone where I live," she said, answering Devin's original question. "But until we get rid of that friend of yours - Gol'tar, I mean - it's as safe as we're going to get."

She stood, and paced around thoughtfully, glancing over at Devin occationally. Both him and Garik sat looked at her expectantly, and she realized that they were waiting for her to break the tie between running and fighting.

"I was never the one to run away from problems," she half-lied. "Let's take care of Gol'tar here and now." She sat back down and stared at Devin thoughtfully. "We just need to figure out how we're going to do it..."
 Com Raven
01-24-2002, 5:09 PM
"I suppose we need some bigger stuff than this", he looked at their blasters, "if he's got all those thugs around.

I got some rifles in my room in the hotel, so if you can get us there.

And I suppose Garik here can tell us how to get this guy at his vulnerable spot ..."

He looked at Loran, waiting if he would prove useful ..
 Wraith 8
01-24-2002, 5:42 PM
*garik watched Devin. than at the woman.*

well this guy is more greedy than he is smart. i mean.. would you go after some people in the middle of the street bounty hunter??

*Garik said it with a mocking smile. he knew Devin hated that.
he looked at the woman.*

well my crew is packed and ready. we deleted all files of ever contacting this laserbrain. but i may be able to contact my crew and let them take some action against Gol'tar. do you know how many of the idiot sqaud is out there?? did you get a good look??
Well what i know about him.. that he is wealthy and did some goog business around these parts. But then he began to run some spice of Kessel for the Hutt's. I never knew he betrayed them. i have seen his house.. and it is not well gaurded. maybe we could get some one in there and take him out from there. and about his band of brainless wonders. i dont know... my crew may get some of them... but not all.

*Garik looked at Devin. and then at the woman. they were thinking.*
 Juztyn
01-24-2002, 10:33 PM
Hahna looked at the two men thoughtfully, her eyes always coming back to Devin. She stared into his eyes, and he staed back. "Devin and I will head to his place to retrieve some heavier weapons." She said slowly. "We'll have to be careful, it could be watched."

She turned to Loran. "You, on the other hand, should gather up your crew and be ready to back us up." She looked at her watch, which showed the time to be just past lunch, "We'll meet at Wuher's Cantina an hour after sunset. Come to the backdoor and knock three times."

Loran nodded, and with his ****y grin that made Hahna want to beat his pretty face senseless, he left.

Hahna turned back to Devin, "Looks like we've got a bit of time to kill, Devin. But, nevertheless, we should secure those rifles from your place first, then decide what to do after."

She opened the door, harsh Tatooine sun intruded upon the shadowy dimness, causing them both to blink. Devin brushed past Hahna quickly, and she smiled, following him back out into the streets.
 Com Raven
01-25-2002, 7:42 AM
"Your the tourist guide, I suppose, so show me some of Mos Eisley's uhmm, less favorable alleys. If there's anything favorable in this dirthole..."
Realizing what he had said, he took a quick look over his shoulder, smiling at Hahna :" Except you and your apartment of course..."
He stopped at the next corner.

"Hmm, I thought about Loran. If Gol'tar's house is a bit off-beat, why not take his freighter for a little raid ?
The authorities here shouldn't care much...."
 Wraith 8
01-25-2002, 9:22 AM
*Garik walked back to the hangar. he looked everywhere... because those blaster guys could still be out there.*

*He came to the hangar and there were a lot of blaster bolts every where.... this did not look good. He ran iside to look and foun taht there were 6 stormtroopers walking around the ship. he saw Dia walk down the ramp taking to an imperial officer. she had a wound on her arm and the ship was full with black marks. he walked toward the ship and Dia. she looked up.*

Dia:
GARIK!!

*She ran toward him and hugged him. the imperial officer looked from a distance and put on a little smile.
he came toward him and Dia.*

Imperial officer:
So mister Loran. where have you been? your ship was attacked by a band of mercaneries. your crew would be killed if my troops werent near here.

Garik:
Is anyone hurt? euh.. sorry... Thank you lieutenant. i owe you a drink.

Dia:
Well Kell got hurt. he is in bed ... he will be okay i got hurt when i fell. Other than that, nothing. The ship has a strong Hull.. ill tell you that. The lieutenant helped us out. we were attacked by 20 men.. we were able to kill 6 when the lieutenant arrived.

lieutenant:
Sign this and we will be on our way. thanks for the drink offer but i will decline.

*The lieutenant walked off. Garik looked at Dia. and said:*

Garik:
We have some serious trouble... come on lets talk inside.
 Juztyn
01-26-2002, 3:31 AM
(ooc: I'm not sure I follow you, Com. Take who's freighter and raid who? The paragraph isn't very clear :\ )
 Com Raven
01-26-2002, 6:15 AM
(Take Loran's freighter for a little ride to Gol'tar's house for s few strafing run (if it is a bit outside in the desert....)
 Wraith 8
01-26-2002, 7:19 AM
(he wants to take my freighter out for some attack on Gol'tars house)
 Juztyn
01-26-2002, 12:32 PM
(okay, thanks :) )

Hahna smiled and refrained from blushing at Devin's compliment. His ladykilling skills were pretty sharp, but she was sure she could resist them as long as she wanted to.

Devin offered the plan of taking Loran's freighter for a run on Gol'tar's residence.

Hahna thought for a few moments. "It's a possibility," she closed her eyes for a second, concentrating, "But I don't want to be caught dead in a ship if he has some sort of ground to air based defense." She looked at Devin, his brown hair formed a mop on top of his sweat drenched face, and she imagined she didn't look any better. "We should scout out the place, first. If it's really that far our, we should be able to find a cheap landspeeder to rent."

"Or steal," she thought darkly to herself.

"Either way," she said, "We need to get those blaster rifles from your place. Lead the way, Devin."
 Wraith 8
01-26-2002, 7:50 PM
*after Garik explained it all to his crew they stared at him.*

Ton:
So we got shot up for knowing the guy?

Dia:
Isnt it dangerous. I mean, you dont know them. they kidnapped you remember?

*Garik got a little startled by the word 'kidnapped'. but he easaly got his face straightend. he looked at both of them.*

Garik:
Yes we got shot at for knowing the poor *******. now he will come after us until we are dead. he got a lot of contacts around the galaxie... and i dont think he will stop when we just run.
Now the people i spoke to will get some more weapons and then we go after Gol'tar himself.

Myn:
euh... couldn't we just take off ... go to his house and blast it to the ground? just a thought!

*Garik looked over the man with injury. he had a point... but..*

Garik:
well we dont know how well his defences are around his house. and i dont think the Empire are gonna let us go after we nailed his house down.. unless we leaved immediatly after we did so.
I think you better get ready for this.
Dia? You come with me.
Ton? you go to Wuher's cantina and stay there to keep an eye out for trouble. take some credits.
Myn? you stay here. i want you to close everything up. and stay on the defensive. keep the automated gun open, but bot on. and you stay here ok?
Now lets get going.

*Garik picks up his comlink and tries to reach Devin on it. he liked to talk abou that idea Myn had about Gol'tars house.*
 Com Raven
01-31-2002, 11:13 AM
He led Hahna trough some of the darkest, dirtiest alleys he could find, all the while heading for the Mos eisley Imperial, the town's best , and as far as he knew only hotel.
They used the backdoor, quickly walking up to his "suite". At least that's what it was called.

As they got closer, he was greeted by the sound of a comlink.
"Cover me", he whispered to his companion as he carefully sneaked closer.
In a sudden, fluid movement, he kicked in the door and sommersaulted into the room, where he was greeted by the sight of his comlink laying on his bed, exactly in the same spot where he had forgotten it this same morning.

"Ah, hell, damn thingy, you...
Ah well, the blasters are over there in the crate"
He waved Hahna over to it, while grabbing his comlink.

"Yeah, who's there ???"
 Juztyn
02-01-2002, 12:41 AM
Hahna was surprised when Devin's path lead them to the Imperial. Hahna had been to it before, of course, both in legit dealings and more shady ones, but she'd never really had the time to take a good look at it.

In a sea of dust and more dust, the Mos Eisley Imperial was a jewel. It was the first place she'd seen on Tatooine with an actual running water fountain. It was incased in glass, however, to prevent evaporation, but the effect was spectacular nevertheless. Hahna looked across the room and gave Devin an evaluating look, while he was talking on his comlink with the mysterious caller. How was it that this man, who had taken a job as a Bounty Hunter, was able to afford such lavish accomidations.

She shook her head to clear her thoughts, dusted herself off, then looked around for the crate Devin had mentioned. She saw it sitting in the corner, near a thick glass window framed by some expensive looking wood - an amazing accomplishment on a world such as Tatooine. She walked over to the crate, try to guess it's origins, but it had no markings. Prying off the lid, she reached inside and grabbed the first thing her hand encountered.

It was not, as she'd expected, a heavy blaster rifle. Instead, she'd pulled out a spheroid device which she recognized immediately as a thermal detonator, a very high yield one. A grenade such as it could put a very large hole in a very large wall. She placed it on the windowsill and pulled a heavy blaster out of the crate. She cradled it's length in her hands, and tested it's site against a target in the distance out the window. It was a good design, with a very accurate muzzle. Hahna was impressed.

She looked over at Devin, who was still conversing with someone on the comlink. She brushed passed him, interupting his discussion momentarily. Gesturing to the bathroom, she whispered, "I'm going to get get cleaned up.. be out in a few minutes," and walked through the door, leaving Devin alone on his comlink.

(ooc: k, I got a little carried away.. sorry about the length.)
 Wraith 8
02-01-2002, 4:52 AM
*Garik was still on the comlink with Devin. he heard the woman in the background. but he ignored her.*

So if we just take my ship and blow his house away, we should be able to get him of our back. But i dont know how big his defenses are. ill try to look into it with my crew.

*Devin on the other end let go a Sigh. Garik wondered if he was bored.*
 Com Raven
02-01-2002, 5:36 AM
" See, how about we, I mean Hahna and me go there, check the defences, and as soon as I give you the go, you bomb this house all the way to Coru....Corellia.....

Is there anything else that I should know off, because I have more important tasks to take care it seems......."
 Wraith 8
02-01-2002, 5:48 AM
Oh nothing.... only that my ship got shot at by a couple of mercaneries... and one of my crew is hurt. Other than that... nothing.

*He agreed to Devin's plan and walked to the busy crew of his.*

Ok guys.. change of plans... we stay right here... but we need to get out as soon as the word gets in. when it does. we are going to waste Gol'tars house.
ok.. here it is. Myn... can you and Ton do some minor repairs made by the Mercaneries. They agreed. they were already busy.
Dia? contact flight control and ask them if we can leave t any time.. we dont know when... just say that we want to as soon as we can. when you are done... help Ton and Myn.
I will get everything out of the hangar. and get some suplies.

*They all nodded and went to work.*
 Com Raven
02-01-2002, 8:42 AM
" Hahna, I talked to Loran. He agreed to make a bombing run on the house if we can get rid of any ground defenses.

But I suppose that work is best done at night......."
Page: 1 of 2