Note: LucasForums Archive Project
The content here was reconstructed by scraping the Wayback Machine in an effort to restore some of what was lost when LF went down. The LucasForums Archive Project claims no ownership over the content or assets that were archived on archive.org.

This project is meant for research purposes only.

XWA won't detect my joystick!

Page: 1 of 1
 matt--
01-13-2002, 3:16 PM
Well, this looks wierd.

I run windows xp.
So I'm playing normally one day, and BAM! I drop out to the desktop. I go back into to XWA and it tells me that I don't have a joystick connected. I reinstalled XWA. Same problem. I uninstalled XWA again, deleted the directory, left no trace(save my pilot) on the hard drive. Reinstalled. Still the joystick error! :mad: I tried a different joystick. Same error message. Windows detects it fine. It works in Podracer. What the hell?
 rjmehra
08-20-2002, 3:05 PM
I know i cant help, but the same thing happened. All i can say is, don't do anything silly in desperation, i upgraded drivers for EVERYTHING which ended in diasaster. Also the update wont work with XP.
 DD3Kv2
08-20-2002, 9:05 PM
when the game is loaded it will ask u for a joystick. Never put the one your using on XP. Do this... for example I have a Gravis Blackhawk joystick. It has 4 buttons on it. So you put the joystick down as a 4 button joystick with throttle. Now it will work. Just do it that way and Xp will recognize it.

---ah crap his post was like earlier this year.. oh well this will stay there for reference.
Page: 1 of 1