Note: LucasForums Archive Project
The content here was reconstructed by scraping the Wayback Machine in an effort to restore some of what was lost when LF went down. The LucasForums Archive Project claims no ownership over the content or assets that were archived on archive.org.

This project is meant for research purposes only.

help with triggers

Page: 1 of 1
 Jay the Jester
01-12-2002, 11:25 PM
I've got the battle of hoth set up, but a total improved version

1. Imperial side only.
2. I've got triggers set up to view
a) The Wampa Luke fight (Note: The Tauntan dies!!! )
b) The Probot (probe droid) gets shot by Han and blows up.
The trigger for getting chewie to join the rebels was so mad
c) Probot sights the main power generators.
3. The walker invation gathers at the north ridge. and walks in to start a troop invation in the south entrance.

Now. My problems so far. I'm having a hard time setting up sound triggers. I set up the trigger for when the probe moves into view of the generators, but when I try to have a "conversation", multiple sounds playing, They all run at the same time!!! I know that conversations can be programmed, but I can't figure out how to get them to have a dialoge instead of an instantanios jumble of noise.

How do I have a sound begin after the other is finished.

I've also had difficulties with them snow speeders. They're killen the mechs off like crazy. I want to refrain from using missle troops, because that just dosn't work with the movie.

Is there a way to destroy a unit the moment I attack (right click) the unit with the walker.

I'll also take requests for design improvement once It's out.
:snow:
 Heavyarms
01-17-2002, 11:20 AM
if they are set in different triggers,you need to have it so that they are all deactivated,(make a trigger that is just deactivate triggers) and then when you want them to play, have a trigger activate (ex. Condition: probot blows up effect: display instructions and play sound. effect: activate trigger, which will activate the trigger you tell it to when it the condition takes place.
 WoodMan_uk
01-19-2002, 11:39 AM
You could use the ChangeObjectAttack trigger to make the Walkers cause more damage, so that they kill the Speeders easily. However if you do this the Walkers will blow up everything easily!:atat:

I think perhaps you should include a moble missile unit or two. They aren't in the film but they would look better than the troops.

WoodMan:cool:
 DashRendar
01-19-2002, 12:12 PM
that's not his problem Wood At-Ats can't attack speeders, they only attack ground...

try include an anti-air mobile or two that outta help, without looking too phony...
 GrandMoffThoth
02-20-2002, 9:03 PM
The most Movie-Realistic solution I can think of is load up the AT-AT's w/ repeater troopers. They look the MOST like SnowTroopers. (WHY CAN"T THEY JUST GIVE US SNOWTROOPERS & BE DONE WITH THE NONESENSE??) But as far as Movie-Realistic goes; the AT AT's shot at & killed Luke's gunner, & caused his speeder to go down so...why they decided the AT-AT's can't shoot at air-craft baffles me.

You could also boost their hit pts +1 w/ every # of kills (Troop Moral Improvement):atat:
Page: 1 of 1