Note: LucasForums Archive Project
The content here was reconstructed by scraping the Wayback Machine in an effort to restore some of what was lost when LF went down. The LucasForums Archive Project claims no ownership over the content or assets that were archived on archive.org.

This project is meant for research purposes only.

PvP+ or PvP-?

Page: 1 of 1
 Juztyn
12-08-2001, 1:24 AM
So.. are you planning to participate in PvP in SWG? And if so, are you going to declare to a faction to take part in the Galactic Civil War, or are you planning on joining a PA that is at war with another PA?

Personally, I'm probably going to steer clear of the GCW, but maybe I'll enlist in a PA for some fun PvP from time to time.. as long as it isn't entirely unbalanced like AC.
 MikeC
12-09-2001, 4:17 PM
I have decided to wait and see how the game develops before I decide to declare to a faction. I really plan to stay neutral, but if the Empire pisses me off I may up and join the Rebellion. Of course it may be the otehr way around, but since I'm playing a wookie I have a feeing it will be the Empire that gives me a hard time.
 Graeme
12-09-2001, 5:44 PM
I WANT TO KILL PEOPLE.
 Charlie
12-09-2001, 9:16 PM
Well.. I am not sure yet on what I will be doing... I agree with MikeC... Not to mention I haven't even decided on what race I want to be until I see all the attributes for each in the final game. But PvP does sound like it will be an interesting facet to the game from time to time... The Galactic Civil War will be something that I plan to look into once the game is released.
 Veger
12-09-2001, 9:30 PM
Can you elaborate for a newb?

What's the difference between the 2?
 Tracer
12-09-2001, 10:47 PM
PvP - Player vs. Player.

It's a question of weather you want to fight other people online, or just stick to non-combat professions.
 Brian
12-10-2001, 2:10 PM
Actually, it's whether you want to fight other actual players, or just NPCs (non-player characters). You can still have a combat profession, you just have to choose whether you'll allow yourself to fight player characters or not (and they're usually much, much tougher than NPCs).
 Sithguy
12-10-2001, 5:53 PM
I plan on being a Dark Jedi Bounty hunter, so i will be totally PvP, which side i will be on will be determined by whoever is willing to pay me the most to kill.

Will
"I am not prejudiced, I hate everyone equally"
 Niun
12-10-2001, 9:06 PM
I've played in a few MMORPG's, but I never really got involved with PvP. I have a few friends now who are playing DAoC (Dark Age of Camelot) and have said that the PvP 'wars' they have been having are a lot of fun.

I actually like the way SWG is approaching the whole Player vs Player concept. In many of the other games I've played, I just haven't been interested.

Since I'm planning to start up a PA, I think it will just be something that has to be explored. What fun is a PA if you can't have an enemy, right?
Page: 1 of 1