Note: LucasForums Archive Project
The content here was reconstructed by scraping the Wayback Machine in an effort to restore some of what was lost when LF went down. The LucasForums Archive Project claims no ownership over the content or assets that were archived on archive.org.

This project is meant for research purposes only.

Lord of the Rings!

Page: 1 of 1
 Juztyn
11-26-2001, 3:19 AM
Oooo, I can't wait! The first of the Lord of the Rings movies will be out in only 23 days! I, for one, am looking forward to it!

You can find more information here:
http://www.theonering.com)

Or on the official site here:
http://www.lordoftherings.net)

Mmmm.. Finally, a good fantasy movie.. not counting Willow, which is coming out on VHS/DVD this tuesday! Woot! /forums/images/smiles/icon_smile.gif

Anyone else have any random movie thoughts? /forums/images/smiles/icon_smile.gif

11-26-2001, 5:31 AM
I, for two, am looking forward to it! Willow was definitely the last good fantasy movie,
and Conan the Barbarian's a classic, but

I've heard the soundtrack to LOTR...it's ok but not very groundbreaking. It kinda sounds like a Titanic/Braveheart hybrid, but without any powerful moments. Too hollywoody for me.

My only other worry is that the director is the same guy who did "Frighteners", and that movie was, well...gay. From the trailers though, LOTR looks awesome and I think maybe the director is finally doing something he always wanted to do, so he's really putting his heart into it.

Very sharp looking site, BTW.
 vaderhater
11-26-2001, 12:23 PM
i realy hope its good. we need a great fantasy film. i think if they stick to the story and not let the movie go on special effects alone then it will be great.
come to think of it i cant think of to many fantasy type films that realy make me say wow
 Anonymous
11-26-2001, 3:40 PM
yesh, I have been looking forward to Fellowship of the Ring for quite some time and I can't wait the remaining 20something days!

it looks so l33t!
 Niun
11-26-2001, 8:54 PM
You know, as much as I portent to be rather well read, I've never actually picked up Lord of the Rings. A scary thought indeed. I'm not sure why, I guess my interests strayed more into Science Fiction. I did at least read The Hobbit, so I guess there is some hope for me yet. I'm torn now. Should I read the books before the movie comes out and potentially spoil the experience, or should I wait and then read them later. Decisions, decisions...
 Jodo Kast
12-03-2001, 8:13 PM
I've never really been interested in Lord of The Rings but after seeing the preview of it I really wanna see it. It looks great and I can't wait for it to come out! I'm going to have to read all of the books too. /forums/images/smiles/icon_smile.gif
 Graeme
12-03-2001, 8:35 PM
I'd definately read the books first. It will give you a better context to put the movies in.

Just try to get through the first third of Fellowship of the Ring without quitting, it starts off very boring.

I like sci-fi I guess, but most of it is too depressing for me to handle.
 Claw of BHG
12-04-2001, 9:27 PM
Yah i would reccomend reading the books..well truthfully the only reason i read them was i wasforced to. That series was a class book in 6th grade! I liked it after all though. Im going to see that and episode 2 riht when it comes out! jodo we gotta get tickets or that ahead of time! /forums/images/smiles/icon_biggrin.gif
 Juztyn
12-10-2001, 3:12 PM
NINE DAYS! WOOT!
 Kahj Mook
12-10-2001, 7:06 PM
Found this at the SWG forums:

http://www.chud.com/reviews/lotr.php3)
Great review of the movie! (Sorry i don't know how to make a link)

It got a 9.6 out of 10...not too shabby. After reading it all my fears were cast aside. Now to get my advance tickets for Dec. 19!! Can't wait...

Oh and don't worry it doesn't spoil anything.

Kahj

"The bud not the beer cuz the bud makes me wiiiizer"
 Kahj Mook
12-10-2001, 7:08 PM
Whoa automatic linkage! Don't I feel stupid /forums/images/smiles/icon_smile.gif
 Charlie
12-11-2001, 7:59 AM
I like da rings
I cant wait for that movie to come out
Page: 1 of 1