Note: LucasForums Archive Project
The content here was reconstructed by scraping the Wayback Machine in an effort to restore some of what was lost when LF went down. The LucasForums Archive Project claims no ownership over the content or assets that were archived on archive.org.

This project is meant for research purposes only.

New Features

Page: 1 of 1
 Archimedes
11-24-2001, 10:03 PM
So, any thoughts you want to share? SHOOT ME with them.
 Niun
11-26-2001, 9:55 PM
I'd try to come up with something, but usually you're giving me ideas for my site. /forums/images/smiles/icon_smile.gif

The updates look great.. good to see you guys back!
 Kedri
12-04-2001, 2:59 PM
I have no idea how mind-bendingly complicated something like this would be, but if there's some way for you to combine the user database for both the forums and the rest of the site, so you'd only have to log in once, that would be, as they say in the industry, DA BIZZOMB!!!
 Niun
12-04-2001, 10:48 PM
You know, this was something I started to consider with my PA site. It's possible, but not easy. I would have pursued it further with my site, but my message board is in perl and the page login is php. What I haven't looked into is accessing mysql from perl. I suppose if I could, I could create a script that automates the registration process off the user information after they register on the site and the information is stored in the database.

That's something I might actually have to look into a little more.
 Jodo Kast
12-06-2001, 3:56 PM
I have a question about the guides. I know you've probably been asked this a million times but how long until the guides will be up? Is there not enough information yet?

Thank you,
Jodo Kast
 Juztyn
12-06-2001, 4:30 PM
The guides will be created as we get closer to release - probably sometime during beta. They won't be totally accurate or regularily updated until release, because of the NDA on beta (if the staff here gets in /forums/images/smiles/icon_razz.gif )
Page: 1 of 1