Note: LucasForums Archive Project
The content here was reconstructed by scraping the Wayback Machine in an effort to restore some of what was lost when LF went down. The LucasForums Archive Project claims no ownership over the content or assets that were archived on archive.org.

This project is meant for research purposes only.

A word on rushing

Page: 1 of 1
 BlakWraith
01-10-2002, 2:27 AM
aka SPQR_N3W_BL00D

Well i saw the earlier thread on rushing so i add my 2 bits worht this be a long thread so beware.

First off let us define a rush. A rush is an early atatck aimed at taking out or hurting an enemies economy. After a succesful rush you come in with the heavies and wipe him out thats the fun part ^_^

A T2 rush should occur between 11 and 14. This is on fast speed. Generally this rush better earlier it comes. Many types of T2 ruhs tho.

A key to all rushing is taking out enemy ore and carbon those prolly the most important recource to take out since u defend with those.

The basic one is trooper/turret rush. You build a troop center and power near enemy base and pour troopers into his base while towering his recources. This rush a classic and if done right always deadly. This rush should be started by 1130 no later than 1230

The next type is and all out turret push. Basically just put overlapping turrets all around his base. Make sure you send 5 forwards to do this so u can keep getting your turrets up fast. This rush should occur latest at 12 this the rush tha totally depends on speed if they get to tech3 and get air then your screwed.

The infamous jedi t2 rush. As wiht trooper rush u build power near enemy but a jedi temple instead of troop center. Everyone is scared of this one who wouldnt be when 3 invicible units taking out your base. this rush is the latest of the t2 rushs just for the sheer cost of it. Face it jedi r expensive but worth it early on in game. You should begin your rush as soon as possible but no later than 14. This rush depends on controlling the jedi. Put them on defensive or watch them carefully if they walk into CC they may get killed or injured enough for other units to kill them.

The last T2 rush i go over breifly is mounted, a particular favorite of mine, everyone must lvoe this ruhs immagine taking down enemy CC before 16 min!!! This ruhs difficult to get to work since many units counter mounties. Go for enemy power first then go for his peasants. Afetr massing 8 to 10 you can begin working on enemy CC always bringing more Mounties to atatck the CC for reinforcements. This rush should take place anywhere form 11 to 13 depending on food.

well thiers a basic overveiw of T2 rushing i will go over T3 tomorow and Defending againsta rush if anyone like to go indepth on a specific rush just reply and i will.

May the force be with you gamers.
 Leia's Panties
01-10-2002, 4:55 AM
ive found in the majority of games ive played where i have been rushed first that even if i repel the rushes it lends me a disadvantage that results in me eventually suffering in the long game due to a restricted economy. Their forward base is always just off screen and they can harrass your workers constantly if you are unable to tear it down. Rush first and kill a few workers and you'll get on top for the next rush that will allow you a few more, etc etc till you break them. Rushing first seems to be the key IMO
 BlakWraith
01-10-2002, 2:59 PM
You are totally right all rushing is for is to hurt their economy while yours expands in any 1:1 or 2:2 always if u dont i will garuntee u will loose if enemy are good players. 3:3 it is best for the 2 ends to rush and middle guy send in the heavy support early or mid tech 3.
 Leia's Panties
01-10-2002, 7:09 PM
If you read the other post that prompted u to start this thread you'll see im interested in fast t3 rushes... these grant you quite some flexibility. If they are expecting air and you run in with jedi you can really screw them etc etc. My difficulty in the past has been if im a little slow to T3 and im focusing my resources purely on that (wont even build a power core till t3 is being researched) Trooper rushes can hurt. Got any tips for defence against them?
 1MGxLeGion
01-10-2002, 7:40 PM
well one thing that may help depending on the map is to collect resources that are close to your cc so even if his troops attack you they have to come in range of the CC's laser when guys are garrisoned inside. Another thing if i fear a forward troop base i will scout the area between me and him that i think are most likely spots they may build are gather. another thing that may help you out is to send your scout and try to kill his bantha's but i good player will probably garrison his workers and kill your scout before you can get enough to make a difference. if you scout and see a troop center any where you better get ready for a tech 1 trooper rush or he might also send them right at the beginning of Tech 2 that way he can upgrade his troops so there stronger than urs if you haven't tech 2ed and researched.
 BlakWraith
01-10-2002, 11:52 PM
Heres the secret tof ast T3 The food order

Shore Fish
Hunting
Nerf
Farms
Berries

Top to bottomg is fastest hope this helps.
 duder
01-11-2002, 5:32 AM
Originally posted by BlakWraith
Heres the secret tof ast T3 The food order

Shore Fish
Hunting
Nerf
Farms
Berries

Top to bottomg is fastest hope this helps.

If I am on a plentiful food map, then I dont build a single farm until I am in tech 3, and have researched all the farm centre upgrades.

This gives you space to concentrate on other resources, and be more prepared to make a killer t3 rush.

Hope this helps.
 Da_Sad_Donkey
01-15-2002, 6:43 AM
:p
Page: 1 of 1