Note: LucasForums Archive Project
The content here was reconstructed by scraping the Wayback Machine in an effort to restore some of what was lost when LF went down. The LucasForums Archive Project claims no ownership over the content or assets that were archived on archive.org.

This project is meant for research purposes only.

Ever made a Hometown scenario?

Page: 1 of 1
 Dagobahn Eagle
01-09-2002, 8:16 PM
A couple of weeks ago I started making the harbour of my hometown (Bergen/Norway) with the GB scenario editor. After having made the scenario, I added a storyline and now it's evolved into a campaign. I also made a pretty nice scenario of my neighbourhood (no, not just some houses and streets, it's got hills, trees, crops, forests (yes I lived on the country :D)) in AoK, but it disappeared :(.

Have anyone else done this? Right now I don't have a picture server, otherwise I'd upload a pic of the city and my scenario version of it.

PS: Anyone for a Hometown/town of residence scenario competition, for example hosted by the Galactic Battlegrounds UK website?
 ALTUS_Fett
01-09-2002, 8:25 PM
Sounds great :D, and I live in San Antonio, so maybe you and me can make a campaign of Texas ;)
 Heavyarms
01-10-2002, 11:36 AM
just a long of line of people being executed is Texas :D
 Dagobahn Eagle
01-10-2002, 6:14 PM
just a long of line of people being executed is Texas

LOL!
 Ax Slinger
02-02-2002, 12:35 AM
Originally posted by Dagobahn Eagle
Right now I don't have a picture server, otherwise I'd upload a pic of the city and my scenario version of it.

That's easy to fix. Sign up for a free website at Netfirms.com (http://www.netfirms.com/). Like most free sites, they have all kinds of stupid rules and restrictions, but they are easy to deal with. I just put any pictures I link to from there into am index.htm file and post it there as well. That way it appears to anyone who works for them who happens to look at your directory contents like it's a regular website. The one downside is that your file sizes are limited to 256k. Any bigger than that and they won't display.

On a GeoCities website, you can host pics on there too, but you have to remember to change the file names to *.txt or the pics won't display outside of GeoCities. But that is a good way to trick their server into displaying your pics on message boards. :D

But Netfirms is bigger (25 mb instead of 15), and you don't have to change the file names. The 256k file size limit isn't usually a problem. A .JPG that is bigger than that is usually way to big for displaying on a message board anyway... In which case you just resize them to a smaller size, and there you go.
Page: 1 of 1