Note: LucasForums Archive Project
The content here was reconstructed by scraping the Wayback Machine in an effort to restore some of what was lost when LF went down. The LucasForums Archive Project claims no ownership over the content or assets that were archived on archive.org.

This project is meant for research purposes only.

best civ duo

Page: 1 of 1
 SharaFett
01-09-2002, 5:35 PM
we've all seen those infamous "best civ" threads. but whatabout those tag-team matches, where you play with a partner against oppenents. what exactly is the best civ duo? personally, i think it would be wookie/imperial (although in reality, i dont think they'd get along lol) simply because the wookie army would supply early rushes and apply pressure to the enemy as the imperial army provides backup with its pimpin atats later in the game. this way, you and your partner have the upper hand throughout the entire game. the wookies would attack in the beginning and hte empire would fall back. then when the wookie troops dont become as threatening IF the game drags past an hour, then the empire's mechs backed up by wookie air will slowly drain the enemy's resources and power. MUAHAHAHAHHAHAHAHA

or do you think it would be better to, say, have you and your partner both be wookies in order to apply twice the punch early on in the game?
 Flyspeck
01-24-2002, 2:21 PM
Or Naboo and Trade Federation (equally unlikely), with Naboo using fighters and bombers, while the TF uses Mechs and heavy weapons.
For a "combined strike-force", I think these two are the most powerful.
 Chessack
01-24-2002, 2:58 PM
I have found that civs with abilities that cover each others' weaknesses work quite wall. Two pairs that I have been successful with (vs. the comp)

Naboo + Gungans (aesthetically pleasing because it fits with the SW universe nicely).

Empire + Wookiees (not so aesthetic but very effetive).

May the Force be with you.
 SharaFett
01-24-2002, 4:22 PM
i personally would have to say wookies and empire or rebels and trade fed. why would naboo be picked over rebels?
 Leia's Panties
01-24-2002, 9:30 PM
empire (best mechs) plus rebels (best air with air speeder) and very good troopers. With these 2 races the wookie artillery really isnt needed.
 duder
01-25-2002, 3:44 AM
Gotta be Rebels with Gungans!

No weak points at all!
 SharaFett
01-25-2002, 10:58 AM
why is that?
 Flyspeck
01-25-2002, 3:43 PM
Isnґt it obvious?
Rebels: Air, Jedi, Troops
Gungans: Mechs, Heavy Weapons, Marine, Troops.

No weak points, but IMO not that many hightlights eather. Well-rounded nonetheless.
 nightcrawlerx13
01-28-2002, 5:26 PM
I would have to say that the Rebles and the Trade Federation are the best combined forces. The Rebels excel at Air, Jedi and Troops and the TF excel in Mechs and Sea. Also, you get the Air speeders and the destroyer droids to play with.
The Empire and the Naboo are also good together, but not too many people like the Naboo, I do, but you don't see them played too often.
:x-wing:+ :bdroid2:
:vadar: +:naboo:
 RogueJedi86
01-28-2002, 10:07 PM
Defitinitely TF & Rebels. TF's weakness(air Jedi and troopers) is the Rebels strength. And vice versa. So if each player attacks with their strengths together that means it's 1 combined full strength attack force :D Die all other forces MWUAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA!!!!
 Sithcloak
02-01-2002, 2:27 PM
I agree with chessack, the naboo and the gungans are the best duo. The Gungans are great in sea and mechs and are also good with heavy weapons and troops. The gungans air and jedi stink, but thats where the naboo of all the civs is the best. The only thing that overlaps is that the naboo also have pretty good sea but it doesn't matter. They deffintly make the best duo.

Sithcloak
 Lipid
02-08-2002, 8:58 PM
I'm all over nightcrawlerx13's groovy pix. When i've played in duo, the rebel air provides excellent support for both TF (and Empire) mechs. They manage to provide some minimal mech support, good (fast) troops, and great jedi, and TF has some nice boaty things.
Page: 1 of 1