Note: LucasForums Archive Project
The content here was reconstructed by scraping the Wayback Machine in an effort to restore some of what was lost when LF went down. The LucasForums Archive Project claims no ownership over the content or assets that were archived on archive.org.

This project is meant for research purposes only.

Is it just me

Page: 1 of 1
 Jay the Jester
01-07-2002, 4:28 PM
Is it just me or is it really difficult to design theme maps. I mean, I could wip up a build base map easily, but any custum scenario or RPG style seams extreemly deficult to put together for triggers.

Heres what I'm designing, I know its not origanal, but its my project. I would like some help on some questions though.
I've got the battle of hoth set up :snow: :atat: , but a total improved version

1. Imperial side only.
2. I've got triggers set up to view
a) The Wampa Luke fight (Note: The Tauntan dies!!!:D )
b) The Probot (probe droid) gets shot by Han and blows up.
The trigger for getting chewie to join the rebels was so mad
c) Probot sights the main power generators.
3. The walker invation gathers at the north ridge. and walks in.

Now. My problems so far. I'm having a hard time setting up sound triggers. I set up the trigger for when the probe moves into view of the generators, but when I try to have a "conversation", multiple sounds playing, they all run at the same time. How do I have a sound begin after the other is finished.

I've also had difficulties with them snow speeders. They're killen the mechs off like crazy. I want to refrain from using missle troops, because that just dosn't work with the movie. Is there a way to destroy a unit the moment I attack (right click) the unit with the walker.

I'll also take requests for design improvement once It's out.
 sbcotter
01-19-2002, 3:59 AM
Hi Jay. With the sound, for different scenes have you tried sepparate triggers? If so, try planing the sound triggers out more carefully. Set areas for the starting affect to take place if you haven't already.

With the snowspeeder problem, have you tried to set areas for certain units (such as snowspeeders) to get killed? I don't know much about that but I'm fairley certain it is possible. You could try haveing the snowspeeders set to explode after a certain amount of time.

Sorry the message is quick, the first time failed.
 DashRendar
01-19-2002, 7:59 AM
Why not make it go against the flow and NOT follow the movie like maybe you get to where the Walkers come in but General Veer's gets damaged and when the Imperials send in workers to fix it then send them to the wrong place!

So then you get a few of the walkers and the rest go to complete the main mission, and your job is to take some walkers out to get the workers while the rest stay back to protect Veers and then maybe once you get the workers to repair the Veer's Walker you see a cutscene where the last few Airspeeders explode and the walkers that were send out to complete the mission attack the generator and it explodes

whoa maybe I should try that! I'll have to start after I get the feeling back in my fingers....
Page: 1 of 1