Note: LucasForums Archive Project
The content here was reconstructed by scraping the Wayback Machine in an effort to restore some of what was lost when LF went down. The LucasForums Archive Project claims no ownership over the content or assets that were archived on archive.org.

This project is meant for research purposes only.

Workers in Tech 1

Page: 1 of 1
 Boba Sith
01-06-2002, 6:28 AM
How many workers do you create b4 you upgrade to tech 2? What do you put the workers on? I would appreciate any feedback.
 Kudar
01-06-2002, 7:36 AM
No specific number of workers really, generally the first 2 on food, 1 on creating 2 shelters, next 4 on food, the one that built the shelters goes to carbon, and it depends if there are enough berries nerfs or other eatable animals then I'll get a power core built, and then 1 in 4/5 workers on carbon rest on food until I'm in a position to move to tech 2, which is usually around 15 minutes (I can't seem to get any faster :()

So to answer your question, probably about 18-23 workers I would think
 Chessack
01-06-2002, 3:21 PM
It varies, because you need less farmers if you have an animal shelter with 10 nerfs (powered by a power core), pumping 60 food/minute into your economy, then if you do not. But i usually try to have the following at the time of upgrade:

10 Food Gatherers
10 Carbon Collectors
1 Ore Collector
1 Nova collector
1 builder (who, when he's done building, if he still is, will then go to do Nova).

That's about 23, which is what Kudar said.

PS: Woo-hoo! My 100th post!
 duder
01-06-2002, 3:30 PM
it always varies as to who I am playing, what the settings are etc.
RM games with stanard setts I would say I go with about 20-25 workers to tech2.
All straight onto food, once I have enoughg on food to continually pump out workers I send them all onto carbon. I usually have one on nova, and two on ore (ore being much more important in SWGB than stone was in AoE).

Whem the carbon starts rolling in I send the initial berry pickers to kill some unsuspecting animals, and push more workers onto the berries, et voila, enough food to go to tech 2 and have a nice platform of resources to build on.
 Chessack
01-06-2002, 3:47 PM
Originally posted by duder
it always varies as to who I am playing, what the settings are etc.

This is an excellent point. I was remiss in pointing out that I alwaysplay RMs vs. the computer (1-on-1 or 2-on-2) with about 150 (sometimes a little more or less) as the pop. cap. Other settings will require different numbers of workers (deathmatch in particular, because of how you start, but also "kill the commander").

May the Force be with you.
 SirKai
01-07-2002, 12:13 PM
I usually have 10 level 1 workers: 7 on food, 1 builder, 2 carbon collectors. I get to level 2 quickly and add 10 more workers: 3 to food, 5 to carbon collecting, 2 to the green stuff. Level 3 is where I add 10 more, placing 3 on ore and dividing the rest accordingly.

Does this get me to the next tech level quickly? Yes, I always beat the computer to each tech level. Is this a good strategy? It works well enough on the Easy level but I keep getting my butt kicked on the Moderate level. My guess is that I've advanced quicker but the computer has more resources because the computer has more workers. The computer overruns me with a mass of soldiers when I've only created around 15. Why? My guess is, he's got more resources to buy more soldiers.

Next game, I'm going to try creating more workers and see what happens.

SirKai
 Heavyarms
01-07-2002, 12:17 PM
well, since someone brought it up for tech 1 in a DM point of view, and since I've done this, I will tell you how to do it.

Start by building some prefab shelters and making the buildings needed to advance.

Make about 6 workers to do this
Make 4 more to gather Nova

Garrison any animals in nursery, and then simply advance.
Page: 1 of 1