Note: LucasForums Archive Project
The content here was reconstructed by scraping the Wayback Machine in an effort to restore some of what was lost when LF went down. The LucasForums Archive Project claims no ownership over the content or assets that were archived on archive.org.

This project is meant for research purposes only.

Starcraft map remake

Page: 1 of 1
 Titan
01-02-2002, 11:30 AM
I am making a revised version of Blue Night in Seoul scenario. I need help in minor things such as resources, and making them infinite, or nearly infinite. I cannot find the variable that makes a unit or building invincible, and I don't know what else to do. (plus, if i find out how, i can cut down on trees, and make more room :)).
 Heavyarms
01-02-2002, 11:36 AM
hmm, well, there is no way to make them INVINCIBLE, but I know how you can make them incredibly strong.
 Titan
01-02-2002, 11:40 AM
Well, what I meant was that i want to make them have HIGH values, like 1 nova crystal patch has say 5000 nova instead of 800, and a tree, instead of having 175 carbon would have about the same. Is there any way to do this?
 Havoc Stryphe
01-02-2002, 11:50 AM
Ther is no way to change the value of an ore or nova patch. All you can do is place more nova or ore on the map.

As far as invincible units or structures, there is no way to make them invincible, however...

You can use the change Hp trigger to make them incredibly strong

or...

create a trigger that replaces the unit or building immediatley after it's destruction. not quite cut and dry, but it will appear invincible anyways.
 Titan
01-02-2002, 12:04 PM
Well, I've gotten past one barrier. The next thing i need to do is how to do mass triggers, i.e. if one patch runs out, it automatically recreate itself. I also don't want to make a trigger for EVERY patch in the base :/. Is there a way to garrison select mineral patches, and i only have to set one trigger per resource?
 Havoc Stryphe
01-02-2002, 12:13 PM
I don't believe so, at least not in the cut & dry manner you stated. However, you could use building specific garrison selects, and "link" one building for ore and one for nova. There may be an easier way, but I am unaware of it. But if you wait just a little while longer Stan|SCN Punk will be on and he will surely be able to answer your questions. He's probably the single most knowledgable "Regular" on these boards when it comes to the editor and everything related to it. So hang in there and He should shed some light on your questions. :)
 Stan|SCN Punk
01-02-2002, 12:29 PM
Well, there is no way of modifying the amount of resources a single nova or ore unit (or carbon) is worth, and there is no way of making nova patches "regenerate". The only offset to what you can do is maybe tribute the player x amount of nova from a dummy player when he gathered x amount of nova.
 Heavyarms
01-02-2002, 1:10 PM
he's right, the create object only works with a unit.
 Titan
01-02-2002, 1:25 PM
Well, thanks for your help. I hope Stan can help me, and I'll try to make this the best scenario possible.
 Heavyarms
01-02-2002, 1:36 PM
I'm not helpful? Geez!
 Titan
01-02-2002, 4:37 PM
Well, I didn't mean anything bad by that, I meant that you're going to have to suffer with little space on an otherwise l33t map! MUAhAHHAA! It would be helpful to reduce the amount of resources i have to put on there, but there could possibly be enough space, if you pack it in tight, or take over someone elses base.
 Heavyarms
01-02-2002, 9:11 PM
you could make the map gigantic.
 Stan|SCN Punk
01-04-2002, 7:44 PM
Well, a gigantic sized map will cause lag, plus it's much more difficult to add details like eyecandy to it. Generally speaking, never use any map size larger than Normal (6 Player) in custom scenarios.
 Titan
01-05-2002, 4:42 PM
Well, I have everything finished, EXCEPT for the barriers. I've had a hard time using water, and I'm thinking many many layers of walls would work. Can neutral walls be put in?
 DashRendar
01-05-2002, 4:50 PM
Well you could always just make another player and if you want the gates (if there are any) to open just make the player ally to all and if you don't make it enemy but make sure that all players think the wall is an ally so they can't attack it...unless you want them to...
 Stan|SCN Punk
01-05-2002, 4:59 PM
Gaia player walls convert as soon as a human player touches them. Using a dummy player's walls wastes a player (so only 7 players will be available at best), and the players can always use attack ground to cheat and destroy the barriers. Use cliffs instead for barriers.
 Titan
01-05-2002, 6:11 PM
When I've played, Shield walls are almost impossible to destroy, plus, the walls are 9 or 10 layers thick :P, which would take forever to destroy. I tried using cliffs, but they just don't seem to work right without having elevation, and elevation is extremely hard to place properly.
 Stan|SCN Punk
01-05-2002, 10:25 PM
Cliffs only work right when the terrain is flat.

An alternative to this would simply be using a looping task object trigger that sends all units approaching the restricted area back.
Page: 1 of 1