Note: LucasForums Archive Project
The content here was reconstructed by scraping the Wayback Machine in an effort to restore some of what was lost when LF went down. The LucasForums Archive Project claims no ownership over the content or assets that were archived on archive.org.

This project is meant for research purposes only.

how many droids and troops?

Page: 1 of 1
 dr_death
11-04-2001, 9:55 AM
how many droids do you have working an how many troops/mechs do you have ?

i have about 40 bots collecting food esp nova then when i start reach my population with troops i kill about 10 droids so i can build 45 troops/mechs
then i build about 10 fighters (usually snowspeeders), 15 mech destroyers, 15 bounty hunters and 5 jedi.
this usually does the trick, but not against buildings!
 Zygomaticus
11-04-2001, 11:53 AM
40!!!!! collecting food
i usually put 8
please give me some advice on how many to put on each

(no wonder i always lost the other day):confused:
 dr_death
11-04-2001, 12:04 PM
get most of your workers on nova!!!
then you can sell nova (using the spaceport) to buy other recorces whenever you need to!
but generly i have about 10 farms a animal nussuary, 15 collecting carbon 6 collecting nova and 4 collecting ore,
i only start with 40 workers collecting all recorcess then i kill about 5-10 when i reach my pop limmit

p.s i havent played you yet whenever i am on line pm me and i will host a game if you like

and if tirion is there i will destroy you too!!!!!!!!
 Zygomaticus
11-04-2001, 12:09 PM
was that threat to me
i dont think we'll be playing each other (i think we tried b4)
im a newbie a very bad newbie and u sound like an expert
 dr_death
11-04-2001, 12:14 PM
i am no expert realy, i have been beaten my rommel, luke skywalker, and some others and even tirion (just):)

it can be more of a practice game for developing skills, we canhave no monument and when i attack i wont do much damage!

one day i will be in the expert class
 Lord Tirion
11-06-2001, 9:12 AM
I wouldnt put so many on Nova. Probably that is where you make your biggest mistake. The most important resource in the game is Carbon. Use your Sith/Jedi to collect holocrons. That will generate nova for you when they are placed inside a temple. Have about 4 workers on Nova. Your majority of workers should always be on carbon. Most of your big units consist of carbon and of course, your buildings as well as you build forward bases by your enemy's town.
 Paragon_Leon
11-06-2001, 10:16 AM
The first thing i do when i enter someone's base, is going after the workers. It's a guarantee that that person won't be at your doorstep with a huge army anytime soon...
 Darth_Rommel
11-06-2001, 3:51 PM
Well... I always have: 10 workers on food, 15 on carbon, 5 on ore, and 5 on nova. Of, course I always play with max resources, and start on tech 3. Having those numbers of villagers working, usually lets me lead the pack in resources collected ;)

EDIT: I always try to get atleast 2 holocrons as well... the more nova you have, the more jedi! :D
 dr_death
11-06-2001, 4:29 PM
I AGREE ABOUT NOVA,
i did it because i was building another little base away from my main base and i though it you stopped me gatting garbon and food i could buy it.
i did realy bad when i played you tirion but i am not using that as an excuse!! you would of won me anyway
as for rommel and leon, they are soo dead:)
 wildthing
11-06-2001, 7:49 PM
Originally posted by Lord Tirion
I wouldnt put so many on Nova. Probably that is where you make your biggest mistake. The most important resource in the game is Carbon. Use your Sith/Jedi to collect holocrons. That will generate nova for you when they are placed inside a temple. Have about 4 workers on Nova. Your majority of workers should always be on carbon. Most of your big units consist of carbon and of course, your buildings as well as you build forward bases by your enemy's town.

Let us not forget the all might ore which is needed for the fortress and your sheild gens.

I always run out of this so quick.

------------------------------
I thought I saw a . . .

WildThing :thrawn2:
Page: 1 of 1