Note: LucasForums Archive Project
The content here was reconstructed by scraping the Wayback Machine in an effort to restore some of what was lost when LF went down. The LucasForums Archive Project claims no ownership over the content or assets that were archived on archive.org.

This project is meant for research purposes only.

talkative units help

Page: 1 of 1
 Raven_Knight
12-28-2001, 1:34 PM
hi guys im new to this forum and i thought maybe someone could help me in the editor section. in the single player-scenario units can 'talk'. i know about adding sound, but i dont know how to get units 'talking' - ie displaying instructions one after another in a conversation form. can anyone help me out n point me in the right direction pleeze?
 Stan|SCN Punk
12-28-2001, 4:32 PM
Use the "Display Intructions" function which gives you the opportunity to display text as well as play a sound. However, note that the only format the editor will accept is .mp3.
 Heavyarms
01-02-2002, 11:37 AM
well, you can also use the send chat trigger.
 Stan|SCN Punk
01-02-2002, 12:25 PM
There are several disadvantages to the send chat trigger:

1) You cannot control the duration.

2) It's displayed in smaller text.

3) You cannot control the color.

4) It's displayed at the bottom of the page.

5) You can type about 1/8th the amount of the text in send chat as display instructions.
 Flyspeck
01-24-2002, 2:02 PM
The only way for a "real conversation", I think, is making the triggers off, using "timer" as a condition and "display instruction" plus "activate trigger" for the next line of text.
Page: 1 of 1