Note: LucasForums Archive Project
The content here was reconstructed by scraping the Wayback Machine in an effort to restore some of what was lost when LF went down. The LucasForums Archive Project claims no ownership over the content or assets that were archived on archive.org.

This project is meant for research purposes only.

My idea for the Naboo campaign...To be submitted to fergie...FEEDBACK>>

Page: 1 of 1
 GunganArchitect
12-22-2001, 2:15 AM
Naboo Campaign

It's GunganArchitect here, a loyal contributor to the forums (esp Scenario design), I'm just posting my ideas for the Naboo campaign. Here is mine - please submit it for the poll ;)

Scenario 1. Colonists arrive on Naboo for the first time.
Start: You fly in with some transports to a rugged planet for the first time. First objective is "Scout the area to find out if the planet is a worthy colony" - ie find nova, and ore deposits, and fertile soil - food and nerfs, etc. Second objective is to set up a base - ie build up a settlement of some kind. The End.

**(Easy and a 'starter up' - remember...at this stage the Naboo are unaware of Gungan existance)**

Scenarios 2-3. First Gungan contact

Scenario 2 and 3: (This storyline could be seperated into the two scenarios later this is just a basic overview of how the conflict eveolves)

You have remote outposts and a few men in certain areas, as well as some sort of base. Gungans stroll past...you open fire on them and then they start talking to you. They accuse you of attacking them innocently and of religious sacrelige beacause of the settlement you built in the area (perhaps is the place where the Gungans believe their God first created life - or whateva ;).

The Gungans who fight the Naboo could be members of a rogue Gungan faction or they could form a rogue gungan faction in response to the human settlement, . The game would evolve into a war with the "rogue Gungans".

These rogue gungans could then fight a guerilla war against the Naboo - "hit and run" warfare. Also they could be sort of terrorists - striking against the naboo cities - kinda like Bin Laden (a sensitive issue but a good idea). In the end you wipe out the Rogue Gungan force...but you (the Naboo) are forever viewed by the normal Gungan Population as enemies. (The normal gungan population saw the Rogue Gungans as heroes - Boss Nass secretly supported them without openly declaring support for their cause - kinda like a lot of leaders through history.)

An uneasy peace ensures - (the cold relationship the 2 civs had).

Rogue Gungans could have some cool name for themselves (Rogue Gungans sounds a bit plain) i.e. the name of Bin Laden's group is Al Qaeda - so the Rogues could have their own name as well.

~~If you decide (the designers) to have a direct confrontation between Boss Nass and the Naboo then you can make up the story ;)~~

Scenarios4-5. You could insert Fergie's ideas here. The only problem is, and this is a BIG PROBLEM was that Amidala was elected democratically - no warring factions!?!

**Instead**

Scenarios 4-5. This could be the story of the Naboo slipping into a period of civil war. You could be the monarchy and you have to fight a group hell-bent on a new way of government - Anarchists, communists (well, a variation on the names but are anti - royalty).

Basic Plot - Monarchy, security forces battle the **faction** who want change - tales of betrayal in the Kings ranks...etc

Scenario 4- i.e. Details the beginnings and some battles in the civil war. Then you move a number of troops or weapoins to a specific location to prepare to eliminate the factions. Then you are betrayed by a senior army official who defects. There is an ambush waiting...many monarchists (your men) are killed, weapons are stolen...and you have to run back to Theed and survive...then pick up the pieces and defeat the factions in scenario 5.

Scenario 5: You must defeat the factions once and for all. i.e. survive an assault on Theed, then lead a squad of elite men - jedi, heroes, through **faction**controlled territory and assasinate the leader and blow up the main base of the **faction**. Restore the king to his glory and negotaite a peace with the remaining rabble of guerillas. etc HAPPY ENDING

Then a TIME-JUMP to the crowning of Queen Amidala - a cutscene - speech about how she is honored, people cheers!! etc

Scenario 6. Trade Federation story begins. The plot and scenes from the movie are played out. Lots of cutscenes where the Trade Fed invades and rounds up resistance etc. Mission: You have escape with the Queen and Obi Wan, Qui Gon, Panaka etc. Past droids, and away!

BONUS MISSIONS .....Return and Liberate Theed by infiltrating the palace with Panaka and Amidala like in the movie. Capture the viceroy, etc ETC!! You win - Fine details can be worked out later.

Another Bonus mission...to be decided by Scenario group.

I reckon this plot would be good - It has everything - Fight with gungans, terrorists, civil war, RPG element, infiltration, Ep 1 Phantom menace stuff, the Trade Fed, etc. If it doesn't get accepted I won't be too devastated :( But I'll eventually try to make it myself. I like the plot - I hope you do too peoples....

<GunganArchitect>

PS - I'd like to thank some people on this forum - I took some ideas and expanded on them - the Gungan "Rogue" idea for example. Then I did the rest (the terrorist element, etc)
 GunganArchitect
12-22-2001, 2:26 AM
FERGIE

Icouldn't PM you because my idea was 4000 characters to large. Read it off here. Then copy and paste it too the idea/vote/poll thread
 Stan|SCN Punk
12-22-2001, 2:43 AM
I am not the biggest SW fan, but doesn't the whole story in Star Wars happened "long long ago, in a galaxy far far away"? So how can HUMAN settlers (technically Earth was still in the stone ages) migrate to Naboo?
 GunganArchitect
12-22-2001, 11:00 PM
That's what I find hard to grasp also...But the human like people like the Naboo, Anakin, Palpatine, Qui-Gon, Luke, and Obi wan are actually called "HUMANS" so that's a little confusing.
 Stan|SCN Punk
12-22-2001, 11:27 PM
Technically they are humanoids similar to "humans". Maybe rename them to something else?
 GunganArchitect
12-22-2001, 11:32 PM
Nabooans?
Nubians?

Or just call them Colonists.
 Stan|SCN Punk
12-22-2001, 11:35 PM
Actually, just say they are natives of Naboo instead of them coming from another planet :). More realistic that way.
 darthfergie
12-22-2001, 11:40 PM
It is wierd they are called HUMANS in the books...and they even call other species ALIENS!!! Wierd...but I don't mind it too much...

BTW, G.A. you will be added...
 GunganArchitect
12-22-2001, 11:41 PM
But they're not natives. The Gungans were, then the Naboo came later.
 Stan|SCN Punk
12-23-2001, 12:03 AM
That's like saying "Humans aren't the natives of Earth, the tigers were." A planet CAN have multiple species living on it ;).
 GunganArchitect
12-23-2001, 12:11 AM
But the Naboo actually flew in later. Like if some Aliens came to Earth tomorrow...they would not be native.
 Stan|SCN Punk
12-23-2001, 12:21 AM
Well, considering Earth is "far far away", I don't think that the inhabitants of Naboo (the non-Gungans) are humans from Earth.
 Mike DF
12-23-2001, 4:51 PM
Um, the Naboo are descended from human colonists. Says so in a couple books.

I do know quite a bit about Star Wars. Humans have colonized a lot of territories. Their home planet is unknown. Apparently, they set out so long ago that this info is lost to history. There are several "near-human" species that have developed from the norm. So they've been wandering the stars long enough for some populations to have evolved away from the norm.

Likewise, the Neimoidans are an offbranch of the Duros.

And saying they're not human because they're called the Naboo is like saying I'm a different species because people call me an American.

The Star Wars universe is different from ours. Most sci-fi takes place in our universe, usually in the future. Star Wars doesn't. Earth history, science, and rules need not apply.
 Stan|SCN Punk
12-24-2001, 5:01 PM
Well, considering that there are numerous authors of the many Star Wars books out there, the storylines of many of those books do not coincide with the movies' storylines.
Page: 1 of 1