Note: LucasForums Archive Project
The content here was reconstructed by scraping the Wayback Machine in an effort to restore some of what was lost when LF went down. The LucasForums Archive Project claims no ownership over the content or assets that were archived on archive.org.

This project is meant for research purposes only.

Question: "Heroes" and other questions..

Page: 1 of 1
 m0rb
11-03-2001, 11:12 AM
First of all, its my first post here. After playing the trial versions hours and hours online against my bud i decided to do some "site-checking" and this site caught my eye. Looks good and hopefully lots of information will follow.

Anyway. My mate and i are planning to make a Mod for SWGB. Well, maybe at first some single player campains but we want to add some slighty different things. Is this possible?
Does the SW engine (or should i say: AoE) allow you to make "that" kind of modifications?

Second: In the trial you can play with Darth Vader, wich is a "special chararcter" or as i refer: a "Hero". My question is: Is it possible to make these characters and if yes: Do you create them upon an excisting character or can you modify them a bit. Or is it that for example have a Jedi Master and just make the stats higher.

Thx for the help (in advance)

We are both brainstorming now about some ideas, i will post often here.
 Kudar
11-03-2001, 1:55 PM
someone created Modpack Studio for AofK which allows you to make mods, new units etc, I expect that it'll be reworked for GB :D

As for changing the stats, probably not too hard, and easier probably with the modpack thing if/when it comes out
 m0rb
11-03-2001, 2:53 PM
Thx alot. I will keep an eye on that. :)

Now we can do the storyline thinking :)
 Kudar
11-03-2001, 3:21 PM
no probs, if you visit battlegroundsuk (link in signature) you can get the list of available buildings and hero units listed in alphabetical order, in the editor section.

Don't forget to keep us updated and if you want we can host your maps and scenarios in our download sections when you get them ready for release.
 m0rb
11-03-2001, 3:59 PM
Registerd at the site and bookmarked it. Thx nmr. 2 :)
Page: 1 of 1