Note: LucasForums Archive Project
The content here was reconstructed by scraping the Wayback Machine in an effort to restore some of what was lost when LF went down. The LucasForums Archive Project claims no ownership over the content or assets that were archived on archive.org.

This project is meant for research purposes only.

I have a question...

Page: 1 of 1
 DaRk_EwoK
12-20-2001, 7:37 PM
I am currently working on a RPG scenario:

at the beggining of the scenario you can choose your class by going into the corresponding building: trooper, mounted trooper, or scout (mech). there i use:
Condition: Bring object to area (the unit you start with)
Effect: remove object (the unit dissapears)
Effect2: Create object (What you choosed)

i have made the "Level up" triggers (condition: kill # of units, efect: research upgrade) but this works up to level 10, then there arent any upgrades after.

I was thinking about each level after that you get +30 hp and +2 attack, this would normally work easily with the triggers (add hp, add attack) but i have a problem there. Since i used the "Create object" trigger, the unit isnt physically in the editor, so i cant make triggers with "add hp, add attack" since i cant select the unit.

Is there a trigger that makes a unit "teleport" somwhere else in the map? that way i could hide the units somewhere in the map and make them appear after you coose them at the beggining, that way i would be able to make the "add hp, add attack" triggers.

If there is a trigger like this could you tell me where i can find it??
And if not
What should i do???
 Stan|SCN Punk
12-20-2001, 8:28 PM
You really needn't go through all that trouble. You CAN change a unit's HP and attack (but not name) that isn't physically placed in the editor. Simply use the "select area" function instead of the "select object" function. To accomodate movement, simply select the whole battle area as your area and then use the tabs to specify your unit (you must tell the computer what type it is, what category it is, and specifically what it is).
 DaRk_EwoK
12-20-2001, 10:38 PM
:eek: :eek: :eek:
Thank you stan...
You are kinda like the "Editor Master" arent you? :D
I have seen you answer ALL the editor questions in this forum.
 Stan|SCN Punk
12-20-2001, 10:53 PM
Well, this editor is almost identical to the AOK one, and I've been working with that for over two years ;).

However, there is a risk of crashing if you set the are too big. My suggestion would be to reduce the battle area to reduce the risk of crashing (crashing is more likely to occur on low-end computers).
 DaRk_EwoK
12-20-2001, 11:41 PM
It already happened to me :(
My comp is a piece of S**t: celeron 433, 64mb ram, no video card.
but it seems to run battlegrounds fine (exept for some custom scenario crashes ;) )

I have another problem.

I already downloaded the Inmobile AI and used it on the computer enemy. it does make enemy units stand still... Until you attack them, then EVERYONE starts attacking you, even from 3 screens away. its this supposed to be like this???
 Stan|SCN Punk
12-20-2001, 11:59 PM
Yes, it is supposed to react like that. Unfortunately that is beyond your control because that is part of the units' AI, not part of the computer personality AI (like you cannot alter the fact that workers will garrison into buildings when you attack with AI). So, try to find a way around it.
 darthfergie
12-21-2001, 12:02 AM
In other words multiple triggers with creat unit once this is visible, etc. or you might want a side to be an ally but once an object is visible the entire bunch of ally men a screen away turn into enemy, etc...
 Stan|SCN Punk
12-21-2001, 12:16 AM
Yep, if you don't want the other players to attack you, simply set them as "ally" until you want them to attack you.
 DaRk_EwoK
12-21-2001, 7:05 PM
The problem is... i DO want the enemy to attack, but just the enemy on screen. Since this is a RPG you have just one unit, you easily get killed when 6-7 enemys attack you, at least on low levels.

I remember that in AOK RPGґs (like rpgood) the enemy didnt try to attack you 3 screens away, it just attacked when you got close.

There must be a way to keep the enemy from attacking in group. is there a way to put enemy on defensive stance?????
 Stan|SCN Punk
12-21-2001, 7:21 PM
Like I said, simply have the the alliance change when you get near a group and change it back to ally when your unit leaves (use looping triggers on both). If that doesn't work, then have a wall in place and use the lock/unlock gate mechanism (which you can control using triggers) to control troop movement.
 ALTUS_Fett
12-21-2001, 8:40 PM
Hey, Dark_Ewok, I just got your beta and it looks great so far. Can't wait for the next version!
 DashRendar
12-28-2001, 10:50 AM
That sounds pretty cool where can I get a copy?
 DaRk_EwoK
01-03-2002, 8:57 PM
It isnt finished yet.

You will have to wait a bit since i just came back from vacation. :o
 DashRendar
01-03-2002, 9:00 PM
then where did Anaken get it? o well guess I'll have to wait...

sounds pretty good though
 ALTUS_Fett
01-03-2002, 10:26 PM
There is a thread around here where he posted a demo.
Page: 1 of 1