Note: LucasForums Archive Project
The content here was reconstructed by scraping the Wayback Machine in an effort to restore some of what was lost when LF went down. The LucasForums Archive Project claims no ownership over the content or assets that were archived on archive.org.

This project is meant for research purposes only.

"new thread" icon on main page of forums

Page: 1 of 1
 Ikhnaton
12-20-2001, 2:11 PM
I didn't check all of them, but it seems a majority if not all the forums on this site have a "new thread" icon on the main forum index page. I don't know if those are deactivated for standard users, but it would probably be a good idea to just get rid of them altogether, don't you think?
 digl
12-20-2001, 3:31 PM
I noticed this the first day this forums opened for the public
And I posted a thread in the forum index asking if that was supposed to be that way
the thread was deleted and I thaught those buttons had been removed, but I just noticed they are still there
 Metallus
12-20-2001, 6:33 PM
I have a feeling we might just have to live with it, and delete any threads that come onto the main page of the forums. It's probably just how the vB engine works, since it sees everything that's not on the mainpage as subforums.
 Schmatz
12-20-2001, 7:02 PM
Heh... Met knows all about those threads... :D
 digl
12-20-2001, 9:04 PM
Originally posted by Metallus
I have a feeling we might just have to live with it, and delete any threads that come onto the main page of the forums. It's probably just how the vB engine works, since it sees everything that's not on the mainpage as subforums.
But maybe you could set each main forum index a limited posting forum, so that only mods could post there
Anyway, there have been no problems with this so you could just let it like that :)
 matt--
12-21-2001, 7:52 PM
There were allegedly a few over at GB.com, but I didn't see any so I don't know if that's true.
Page: 1 of 1