Note: LucasForums Archive Project
The content here was reconstructed by scraping the Wayback Machine in an effort to restore some of what was lost when LF went down. The LucasForums Archive Project claims no ownership over the content or assets that were archived on archive.org.

This project is meant for research purposes only.

OK Naboo dreamers....Let's get this show on the road!!

Page: 1 of 1
 GunganArchitect
12-20-2001, 1:08 AM
Naboo Campaign

Alright you've been planning, you've been arguing, you've been speculating, but you haven't been "doing".

By "doing" I mean actively going about getting this project up and running. OK you've had plot discussions and volunteers, and even got SCN Punk involved (at my suggestion I might add ;)) but this ain't enough. You guys needa get going before X-mas comes and we get bombarded with another bazillion members to these already crowded forums. Create it now, and surprise the n00bs in the months after X-mas.

The plan...

1. Get a plot that is agreeable. I suggest a mix of Fergie's, Com Raven's, and some other guys who have had very good "small ideas" to add. Basically post a new thread that is entitled:

Final Plot/Storyline ideas for Unofficial Naboo campaign

people can then add their ideas, before we have a vote for the best one, or one that has a mixture of many people's ideas.

2. Allocate jobs - ie who is going to do what.

My advice - stick with a small scenario team, keep it small and close knit. A big team invariably leads to arguments and breakdown. have one lead designer who knows everything - triggers, eye-candy etc. And then have a team around him - smaller guys who can design maps, write plots etc. And of course the beta testers to help throughout the campaign, testing as you progress. :)

3. Make it!

Hopefully it will run smoothly and live up to the hype! There's nothing worse than a hyped up campaign that never 'cut the cake'. One that springs to my mind on the old Heavengame AOK Forums was a scenario.campaign called "Makken". The author hyped it up, then it came out, and by all reports, was a dissapointment. So guys, do a good job.

"May the force be with you."

The team should definately include a role for Stan - who I rate highly, judging from his work as an AOK designer and an expert on triggers.

Cheers from the Aussie Gungan,

<Gungan_Architect>
 Stan|SCN Punk
12-20-2001, 1:25 AM
Well, thanks for the praise :).

This is, after all, a leisure activity. Creating such a campaign would certainly be impressive, as I don't recall a similar incidence in the Age of Kings Heaven forums. Really glad to see such an active scenario design community here :). My email is stan_the_conquistador@hotmail.com if anyone has any questions :).
 Com Raven
12-20-2001, 2:58 PM
Sure, most people came here and said that they wanted to hekp, but didn't have much experience ...

So for anything a bit complicated, Stan is going to be our mainstay ... (other people can do basic outlines etc, but I think you're gonna be the best for triggers/cutsceneґs and stuff like that ...)

And right Architect, story should be final at the end of christmas holidays ...
 GunganArchitect
12-20-2001, 6:21 PM
cool :)
 Stan|SCN Punk
12-20-2001, 8:49 PM
Well, one thing I can't do too much is provide arguments for SW accuracy, since I am not a big SW fanatic in general.
 darthfergie
12-20-2001, 11:33 PM
I've got SW accuracy down easy...(read 145+ SW Novels:D )
Also we can have several fanatics here double check our work...
 Stan|SCN Punk
12-20-2001, 11:34 PM
That's great :).
 darthfergie
12-20-2001, 11:36 PM
OKay do you think I should lengthen the time for the poll so we can get the campaigns worked out???

Or should I go with it tomorrow...because I havn't gotten many pms with their scenario ideas yet...
 Stan|SCN Punk
12-20-2001, 11:53 PM
Give it until Saturday, then decide the next step.
 darthfergie
12-20-2001, 11:58 PM
Yeah...I was thinking along those lines...

If you want this campaign any time soon send me your campaign Ideas...no references please...by Sat. Morning (Early morning)
 Stan|SCN Punk
12-20-2001, 11:59 PM
Which timezone? :p
 darthfergie
12-21-2001, 12:04 AM
My TimeZone:p
(currently it is 11:07pm here so draw your own conclusions)
 Stan|SCN Punk
12-21-2001, 12:15 AM
That makes it CST (Central Standard Time), 6 hours behind GMT.
 darthfergie
12-21-2001, 12:18 AM
remember pm me those campaign's before 9:00am or 10:00am my time...
 Stan|SCN Punk
12-21-2001, 12:19 AM
Or use email.
 darthfergie
12-21-2001, 12:21 AM
The E-mail function here has been disabled (although I don't know why)
 Stan|SCN Punk
12-21-2001, 12:37 AM
I meant using email directly :p.
Page: 1 of 1