Note: LucasForums Archive Project
The content here was reconstructed by scraping the Wayback Machine in an effort to restore some of what was lost when LF went down. The LucasForums Archive Project claims no ownership over the content or assets that were archived on archive.org.

This project is meant for research purposes only.

Description of a normal person

Page: 1 of 1
 Schmatz
12-19-2001, 4:41 PM
What are your aspects of a normal person? If you were to see a normal person on the street, what would he/she look like and how would they act?

I will give my description later, but I have to go. Discuss...
 Uutont Fжr Uulion
12-19-2001, 4:56 PM
I have no idea what counts as a normal person that is why I asked?
 SlowbieOne
12-19-2001, 8:19 PM
A shirt, shoes, pants, and natural hair. What else?
 Chuzwuzza
12-19-2001, 8:28 PM
well obviously normal people have to have an afro.
 Schmatz
12-19-2001, 8:40 PM
Originally posted by Chuzwuzza

Oh, absolutely... this thread is meant to follow up the poll about Am I normal? Heh.

I think a normal person is one who evens out their time, 2 hour sleep, 6 hours school/work, 2 hours total of eating... and 14 hours of computer time :D :guybrush:
 Trapezoid
12-19-2001, 8:59 PM
I think a normal person is one of those middle aged women with toddlers at the mall.
 MeddlingMonk
12-20-2001, 5:36 AM
"Normal is what everybody else is and you are not."
--Dr. Soren (Star Trek: Generations)
 raVen_image
12-20-2001, 11:07 AM
Originally posted by Schmatz
If you were to see a normal person on the street, what would he/she look like and how would they act?
Chances are... when you encounter "normal" people on the street, you don't see them. Or more acurately, you don't notice them and certainly don't remember them. It's the ones that you define as "abnormal" that become the ones you see, notice and remember.

The phrase "Why be normal?" is both advice and warning. Normalcy is generally ignored, so it depends on how you wish to be remembered. If you act "normal, you become slightly invisible. But if you want to be remembered, then you adopt some un-normal behavior that makes you stand out in a crowd.

Conversely, if you are too abnormal, then you also become slightly invisible, because people will try their best to ignore you. (After all, how many of us go to shake the hand of the drunk who is screaming obsenities at no-one, in the street... Instead you avert your eyes and try your best to ignore them...but you DO remember them, don't you?). It all depends on how visible you want to be. It's a fine line really.

P.S. MeddlingMonk ...I love that line. I didn't care that much for the movie, but it had several quotable lines.
 scabb
12-20-2001, 4:02 PM
Originally posted by MeddlingMonk
"Normal is what everybody else is and you are not."
--Dr. Soren (Star Trek: Generations)

GRR STAR TREK GRR

Anyway, who's normal? NAME ONE PERSON?

*woof**woof*

Stop Barking or Mr Quinn will have you shot

*grrrrrr* *BANG!*

I warned you

*whimper*

Wascally wabbit
 Schmatz
12-20-2001, 7:12 PM
No, I know there's no such thing as a real 'normal' person... I agree with raVen that abnormality makes people known, so no one can really remember a 'normal' person.
 Chuzwuzza
12-20-2001, 8:00 PM
I still say an afro....
 Navhead
12-21-2001, 12:51 PM
Define 'normal'.
 Navhead
12-21-2001, 1:04 PM
You could be normal on some standard, but we're all unique as Emma said.
 dark spirit
12-21-2001, 3:23 PM
Originally posted by Chuzwuzza
my friend spade had an afro but he shaved it off for charity!
 dark spirit
12-21-2001, 3:25 PM
Originally posted by dark spirit

my friend spade had an afro but he shaved it off for charity!
yes I am aware I'm quoting myself but I just wanted to clarify that spade is not his real name but we call him that so i thought I'd clear that up before anyone thought I was making friends with garden tools! :D
Page: 1 of 1