Note: LucasForums Archive Project
The content here was reconstructed by scraping the Wayback Machine in an effort to restore some of what was lost when LF went down. The LucasForums Archive Project claims no ownership over the content or assets that were archived on archive.org.

This project is meant for research purposes only.

The Ultimate Star Wars Multi-player Scenario

Page: 1 of 1
 crazy_dog
08-13-2001, 1:16 PM
First suggested by Clefo, we could make one big multiplayer scenario. Bassically it has most of all the star wars characters, most of the planets...

:band: :atat: :amidala: :c3po: :bdroid1: :biggs: :deathstar
 Darth_Rommel
08-13-2001, 1:18 PM
The maps are kinda small... for a task like that :ball:
 crazy_dog
08-13-2001, 1:19 PM
.... It goes through the entire history of Star Wars from Episode 1 to the end of the Vong invasion. A player... :evanpiel: :ewok: :fett: :jawa :leia: :luke:
 crazy_dog
08-13-2001, 1:21 PM
... can go back to any map to that is under his/her control to build more structures and stuff..:maul: :naboo: :nien: :ben: :koon: :guard: :emperor: :snow:
 crazy_dog
08-13-2001, 1:24 PM
There is a couple of space maps between each of the planets (collections of varios ground map(s) like all Tatooine maps make Tatooine )... :tie: :trooper: :vadar: :wedge: :yoda:
 Darth_Rommel
08-13-2001, 1:58 PM
Nice smilies ya got there ;)
 crazy_dog
08-13-2001, 2:25 PM
Thanks. Can anyone help me with this project?
 Paragon_Leon
08-13-2001, 2:27 PM
hey crazy_dog..

i'm not yet completely sure how you want to do it... it sounds like a persistent online world..
..but in reality it's simple multiplayer ?!?!
 crazy_dog
08-13-2001, 2:38 PM
Well it's just a big multi-palyer game, however players could change the whole SW history like if on the Battle of Endor bit the Imperials win.
 Sherack Nhar
08-13-2001, 7:55 PM
The thing is, I don't think that the engine can handle something THIS massive. Besides, the single player campaign of GB will cover up from before TPM to way after RotJ.

And... next time, don't post your ideas in multiple messages.
 Lord JayVizIon
08-14-2001, 1:00 AM
"way after ROTJ"? i thought i read somewhere that this game only covers up to TEN years after ROTJ?

i don't know dog, i wouldn't have the slightest clue on how to do a project like that. people have diff. computers with diff. attributes , so some are more capable than others...
 Paragon_Leon
08-14-2001, 3:47 AM
crazy_dog...
it could be done i guess, but only if it's done episodically..

"How did you say ?"

"Episodically"
:D (i love reпnventing language)

you could focus on a certain event-chain and have multiplayer battles on one event after another. Every player would focus on a different hero and see the battle from his/her perspective..
Scripted events would be all the more difficult because of this, but here's an example:

You could have the droids land on Tatooine with the pod, then they'd have to make their way to a certain village with the help of the Rebel civ, all the while fighting off attacks (i know, i know, creative freedom..) The other player would play Imps, trying to find you and destroy you. And in the mean time there'd be another civ on Tatooine for Black Sun (wasn't that mentioned in one of the Bounty Hunter-books ?), trying to figure out what's happening and generally fighting along.

When they'd make it to the moisture farm/town, you could proceed to the next 'episode' from the scenario (Escape from Mos Eisley ?!?)
 crazy_dog
08-14-2001, 5:13 AM
That's a much better idea!!!!!!!!!!!!
 Clefo
08-14-2001, 1:08 PM
I'd be willing to help although I don't recall ever saying a scnerio like that but eh
 crazy_dog
08-14-2001, 2:10 PM
Thanks, Clefo.
Page: 1 of 1