Note: LucasForums Archive Project
The content here was reconstructed by scraping the Wayback Machine in an effort to restore some of what was lost when LF went down. The LucasForums Archive Project claims no ownership over the content or assets that were archived on archive.org.

This project is meant for research purposes only.

What do you think of EU?

Page: 1 of 1
 Kvan
08-13-2001, 1:25 AM
What do you think?
 Boba Rhett
08-13-2001, 2:14 AM
What did the Europeans ever do to you!?! ;) lol.

I suppose some of it is ok.
 Paragon_Leon
08-13-2001, 3:52 AM
We sold New York.. that's what we did...
it was THIS close from being New Amsterdam.
:eek:

anyways,

most of the EU seems way too much 'fantasy-and-fairy-tales' science fiction to me. I like the NJO-books though. Having the New Republic losing for a change makes for a nice read.
 Kvan
08-13-2001, 11:23 AM
I voted I dislike most the Eu. Some is good but I wish they would move on to none-related movie characters (that don't even know the movie characters).
Is this like a bad topic to discuss? Usually polls are voted on a lot....
 FlyBOy
08-13-2001, 11:41 AM
i'm 75% like and 25% dislike when it comes to the EU. I am really enjoying the NJO books, and the Rogue squadron series was good. I mainly don't like the books written by Kevin J. Anderson. I love the comics. I know most of them are poorly illustrated and written, but they're getting better.
 darthfergie
08-13-2001, 11:48 AM
Crimson Empire was deffinatly not poorly illustrated. Star Wars Tales is the comic I always look forward to. EU IS THE BEST!!!!:D
 Young David
08-13-2001, 12:11 PM
Mesa like the EU ... most that is. I think I will get the nest Rogue Squadron this week and all the NJO from Balance Point to now when I get to Amsterdam again ...

EU is hard to get if you live where I live. English stuff is hard to get here ... but most of what I have, I like
 Sherack Nhar
08-13-2001, 12:18 PM
EU i very good as long as you don't delve into obscure books (like Barbara Hambly's - definitely the worst Star Wars books ever written).

Thrawn Trilogy and Hand of Thrawn are very good book: very Star Wars like. I like the Jedi Academy books, although they're not as good as anything from Zahn.

Xwing series is cool, I like the details they put in the space combat scenes. They make you feel like you're playing Xwing Alliance! And Michael Stackpole is a very good author - I like his characters.
 Darth_Rommel
08-13-2001, 12:20 PM
Barbara Hambely... never heard of her... what books did she write? :confused:
 darthfergie
08-13-2001, 12:26 PM
Star Wars. Children of the Jedi...strange book...(barbra Hambly)
 FlyBOy
08-13-2001, 12:38 PM
Michael Stackpole nad Aaron Alston are awesom authors. There is a new author in the Star Wars Universe, Greg Keys, i think he's very good, but no one beats Zahn!
 Kvan
08-13-2001, 12:41 PM
So the people that like the EU; Do you like the NJO? Do you feel it's SW-ish? I just don't feel it with the NJO. Sure most the books are a good read but it doesn't do anything for me like Zahn did.
 Darth_Rommel
08-13-2001, 12:43 PM
I really enjoyed reading the first one... Vector Prime, but the rest... are just okay :(
 darthfergie
08-13-2001, 12:44 PM
Originally posted by FlyBOy
Michael Stackpole nad Aaron Alston are awesom authors. There is a new author in the Star Wars Universe, Greg Keys, i think he's very good, but no one beats Zahn!

ZAHN!!!!
RULES!!!!
BEST SW ATHUR OF ALL TIME!!!:joy:
I wish he would do a Vong Book. :(
 Kvan
08-13-2001, 12:46 PM
So you didn't think Chewie's death was a bit cheesy? I mean a moon fell on him! I've read people saying that they cried when that happened....me, I laughed! It was a stupid death! I guess he did save a solo kid, by sacrificing himself :)
 Darth_Rommel
08-13-2001, 12:48 PM
Hehe... I wasn't crying ;) It devasted Han though... isn't that sad? :p
 Paragon_Leon
08-13-2001, 12:50 PM
well, at least it was thorough.. :D

i laughed when it happened... an entire planet ripping through an atmosphere ?!? Come on ! A planet would have lost it's atmosphere in no time if stuff like that happened..

Vector Prime was nice for the tension build-up, but since then the series seems to have lost it's pace. i wish they'd actually take Coruscant or something.
 darthfergie
08-13-2001, 12:54 PM
So you didn't think Chewie's death was a bit cheesy? I mean a moon fell on him! I've read people saying that they cried when that happened....me, I laughed! It was a stupid death! I guess he did save a solo kid, by sacrificing himself

I thought it was stupid too, but not for the same reasons. Han went into a trama, found a Ryhn that is suposed to take Chewies place...WHY KILL CHEWIE IN THE FIRST PLACE!!! Just to prove a point. The Vong mean buissness. Why didn't they take it out on Jacen Solo. That would have saved me the agony of listening to him Whine about the force the last few books.

I am blessed with emince midiclorean count so why should I use the force when it could harm a Vong? :rolleyes:
 Darth_Rommel
08-13-2001, 12:56 PM
Yeah... he is annoying... Does he get it together in the books following "Balancepoint"?
 darthfergie
08-13-2001, 12:59 PM
Originally posted by Darth_Rommel
Yeah... he is annoying... Does he get it together in the books following "Balancepoint"?

I think he pulls it together in rebirth...
 Young David
08-13-2001, 1:01 PM
I liked VP ... I didn't like Onslaught and Ruin that much ... BUT I loooooooved Hero's Trail and Jedi Eclipse ...

I wonder if Balance point is any good (didn't want it to buy it as hardcover tough)
 FlyBOy
08-13-2001, 1:06 PM
Balance Point is a great book, go buy it now!!
 Mitth'raw'nuruodo
08-14-2001, 8:11 PM
Yes, after balancepoint Jacen starts acting alittle better, in fact he even take the initiative to protevt his mom! He seems to try to deny it almost. Oh well. The Vong get more interesting when Nen Yim (or something like that) gets introduced. She like goes against the Vong, but not totally. It's confusing to explain. You'll have to read it.

Zahn is the AWESOMEST author ever!
Page: 1 of 1