Note: LucasForums Archive Project
The content here was reconstructed by scraping the Wayback Machine in an effort to restore some of what was lost when LF went down. The LucasForums Archive Project claims no ownership over the content or assets that were archived on archive.org.

This project is meant for research purposes only.

A very nice story that has nothing to do with Star Wars

Page: 1 of 1
 Imladil
06-07-2000, 8:26 AM
Here is a very nice story that I would like to share with you. Enjoy.

I found myself standing on a windswept plain, admiring the view. In the distance was a mountain, on whose snow-capped slopes I could see the glint of golden light. Intrigued, I set off to get there.

On the way, I found a hermaphrodite riding a cow along a road leading to the mountain. "Excuse me," I asked him/her, "but is this the path to the mountain?"

The hermaphrodite just smiled and gestured me to move on ahead. I felt like a fool, and sure enough...there was a fool's hat on my head. Now I knew this had to be a dream. I continued along the path.

Soon I came to a swift river, which cut across the road and spilled down into a rocky canyon. The only way was into the canyon...but it was dark, overgrown with plants and frightening, so I hesitated. I remembered that since I was dreaming, I could create any thing I desired. I made for myself a purple bandana, and smiling walked blindfolded into the canyon.

I came to a place where I had to cross the stream to leave the canyon. I stuck one foot in the water to test it; as I did so I forgot that I was dreaming. I took off the blindfold and crossed the stream, climbed out of the canyon.

Now I was at the foot of the mountain. I found a low pyramid built there, inhabited by friendly natives. I rested there, but foreswore the liquor and festivities. Anxious to climb the mountain, I left.

Before I even realized it, I had climbed the mountain. At the mountain's summit was a bridge, leading up into the clouds. Bathed now in the golden light of mountain sunset, I made for myself a robe from that light so that I could see the road ahead as twilight descended. When I got to the bridge, I saw that it was painted all the colors of the rainbow, and it vibrated as if resonating to a loud noise I could not hear. I took the first step, and began crossing it.

The moon was out now, and I could see off either side of the bridge, far below, still moonlit waters. Guided by the light of my golden robe, I continued the path until it came to a small temple, suspended somewhere in the clouds.

The temple was made of pale marble, set with intricate gemstones in gold and silver. There were carvings of angels in the masonry, but when I gazed upon them they turned out to be abstract forms that I'd mistaken for angels. Inside was just one room, devoid of ornamentation save a small altar upon which rested a book. The entire room was vibrating with the still unheard sound, and I realized that this was where the vibration was coming from.

I approached the altar and picked up the book; the pages were blank. Astonished, I realized that I was watching myself read the book...and at the same time, I was not here at all, but someplace else altogether. Laughing now, I remembered that this was a dream. I filled the book with colors and put it under my arm, turned and left the temple.

Dreaming, I flew back across the bridge and landed back on the mountain top. I rested there, wearing my golden robe, reading the book. The sun was rising now, and far in the distance I could see the windswept plain where I'd begun my trek.

What was more, I could see myself standing there, still gazing at the mountain...wondering what the golden light was.

http://www.roguesquadron.net/forums/smile.gif)

------------------
"I sought the true nature of reality but discovered instead the real nature of truth."

--Thrustweasel of Earth

[This message has been edited by Imladil (edited June 07, 2000).]
 Chillin
06-07-2000, 6:38 PM
Whoa, take it easy. I think someone had something to get off his mind!

------------------
"Life is fair." It has now been written.
 The Master
06-07-2000, 7:12 PM
Like really!
 Imladil
06-07-2000, 7:23 PM
That's kind of the point. Allow me to explain; in addition to Zen, I've been studying Kabbalah, which is another one of those meditation systems that can be used outside of a religious context (although, yes that story did deal with theological matters.) An ancient Jewish practice, Kabbalah is essentially the mapping of human consciousness using symbols and concepts. One use of Kabbalah is what is called 'pathworking,' where you use symbolism related to the areas of consciousness you're describing to tell a story. The resulting tale is a kind of free form meditation intended to clear and balance energies in the mind.

Other than that, it makes for colorful storytelling. http://www.roguesquadron.net/forums/smile.gif) ...And don't worry, I stayed well away from those aspects of Kabbalah which are considered occult (which means hidden BTW.) All we did there was some basic visualization...there are other uses of Kabbalah which are dangerous to play with, but we won't be doing any of that here! http://www.roguesquadron.net/forums/wink.gif) I may compose more such stories, exploring other paths through consciousness, unless anyone objects too strongly.

The last story was essentially an express route straight from the real world to the Great Mystery and back. Although I would resist fixing a title to it, 'The Fool' might be appropriate.

http://www.roguesquadron.net/forums/biggrin.gif)

------------------
"I sought the true nature of reality but discovered instead the real nature of truth."

--Thrustweasel of Earth
 Shootist
06-07-2000, 11:54 PM
Although I would never pretend to be a scholar on meditation and the true nature of things, I submit this from :"The Meditations of Bubba"
There once was a peaceful watermelon farmer who had a serious problem with the local country boys stealing his crops. He came up with a BRILLIANT idea.
"I shall post a sign in my watermelon patch that reads,"One of my watermelons has arsenic in it...eat my melons at your own peril."
The morning after he posted his sign he found another sign right next to his sign which read, "Now there are two."
Contemplate dat!

------------------
VERY FUNNY SCOTTY, now please beam down my PANTS!!!

[This message has been edited by Shootist (edited June 07, 2000).]
 Imladil
06-08-2000, 7:29 AM
I refuse to interpret the watermelon imagery because I'm scared of them. You may call this 'the silence of the Bubba.' http://www.roguesquadron.net/forums/wink.gif)

Does it have anything to do with Daisy Duke?

------------------

--Thrustweasel of Earth
 The Master
06-08-2000, 1:16 PM
Not me...... I used to put arsenic in peoples food until I was caught, then I ran away from that and am now here. If it is any comfort to any of you, I got rid of the arsenic.
 Imladil
06-09-2000, 8:07 AM
I got rid of mine, too. Had lunch yet?

Bubba sez: he who poisons the melon patch will get eaten by big dogs! *Fweet!* Nibbles, Munchen--here, boy! Daddy's got you another interloper. http://www.roguesquadron.net/forums/biggrin.gif)

------------------

--Thrustweasel of Earth
 The Master
06-09-2000, 1:48 PM
Poor doggy, oh well. We don't have to by more food for them.
 Shootist
06-10-2000, 2:07 PM
Buster and Satan just LOVE other doggies...for a midnight snack. The moral of the story is to share or your goodies will be taken away. http://www.roguesquadron.net/forums/smile.gif)

------------------
VERY FUNNY SCOTTY, now please beam down my PANTS!!!

[This message has been edited by Shootist (edited June 10, 2000).]

[This message has been edited by Shootist (edited June 10, 2000).]
 Imladil
06-10-2000, 7:31 PM
I thought that was IRS bureaucratic policy.

Would the elected politicians be the farmers or the melon thieves? http://www.roguesquadron.net/forums/wink.gif)
Page: 1 of 1