Note: LucasForums Archive Project
The content here was reconstructed by scraping the Wayback Machine in an effort to restore some of what was lost when LF went down. The LucasForums Archive Project claims no ownership over the content or assets that were archived on archive.org.

This project is meant for research purposes only.

KILLING YOURSELF!

Page: 1 of 1
 The Master
04-26-2000, 10:14 PM
Just curious, but who likes to kill themselves in the game and maybe other games, or killing civilians or the rest of the squadron? After all it is fun! Or destroying entire cities? Like Mos Easly in the first level?
 Chillin
04-27-2000, 12:17 AM
I don't really like to kill my squad mates because even though they are just some programed lifeless thing they are there to help you.
http://www.roguesquadron.net/forums/eek.gif) <----It's just a cool face no reason

"Do or do not, there is no try."
 Sa Memax
04-27-2000, 2:49 AM
aww!Come on man.Shooting your mates is the best part.And blowing up cities is even better.HEH HEH
 The Master
04-27-2000, 9:04 PM
To me the squad is there for target practice. I mean that is a good way of using them.
 Imladil
04-27-2000, 9:33 PM
Airborne laser terrorism is my specialty. The citizens of Mos Eisley fear me, and the Mon Calamari stay indoors now because of me. And that's not all, oh no...

Sometimes the dark side will take over as I'm playing, and suddenly I'll turn on my wingmates and fight for the Empire. X-wings don't stand a chance, and the flying civilian craft at Taloraan are just there to help me hone my gunnery skills. It takes quite a few hits to wipe out something as big as the Corellian corvette. Rebel bases on land, though, don't last long at all...probably why we're losing the war.

One problem, though. When I turn my weapons on the civilians at Chandrila, I find that they are unaffected! They run right through a bomb blast--makes you wonder why they even bother running in the first place.

"Nice out today."

<font size=3><font color=blue>BOOM!</font></font>

"Plenty of sunshine."

------------------
"Is the state of being realized as important as realizing the state of being?"
--Thrustweasel of Earth
 garyah99
04-28-2000, 5:02 PM
Sometimes it's actually WORTHkilling yourself!! Like if you're out of missiles it might be worth it to run into a wall. If I'm not mistaken, you come back with a full load!

------------------
Every time I think I've found the end of the rainbow...I trip over it.
 The Master
04-28-2000, 9:53 PM
Okay, another useful way of killing yourself if, say someone shoves a missle up your butt and then you die and crash in a missle turrent or something. Just had to put that in there. :-)
 Imladil
04-29-2000, 8:27 AM
I've been known to use kamikaze tactics, especially when flying the TIE interceptor.

"No missiles? Give me no secondary weapon, will you--? I'll show them! BANZAI!"

<font size=1>*Smack!*</font>

The point about crashing to get more missiles sheds new light on Obi-Wan's cryptic statement about how if Darth Vader struck him down, he would become more powerful than he could imagine... http://www.roguesquadron.net/forums/wink.gif)

------------------
"Is the state of being realized as important as realizing the state of being?"
--Thrustweasel of Earth

[This message has been edited by Imladil (edited April 29, 2000).]
 The Master's Apprentice
05-01-2000, 9:23 PM
Shoot and don't ask questions.
Page: 1 of 1