Note: LucasForums Archive Project
The content here was reconstructed by scraping the Wayback Machine in an effort to restore some of what was lost when LF went down. The LucasForums Archive Project claims no ownership over the content or assets that were archived on archive.org.

This project is meant for research purposes only.

Star Wars REBELLION

Page: 1 of 1
 rebel_jediknight
12-02-1999, 6:07 PM
Just wondering,

Has anybody here ever tried SW Rebellion? If you have, what did you think of it? (game, storyline, realistic, etc.?)

------------------
What- You think you're some kind of Jedi, waving your hand around like that?
---------
We're doomed!
 Little Vader
12-02-1999, 6:40 PM
Some comments on your post:

1. Yes, I like Rebellion. I think its OK but definitly should of been worked on more before being "shoved out the door."

2. Gameplay is excellent! That is, to somebody who loves MicroManagment. However, I DON'T.

3. Graphics are horrible! I could of designed a better engine (at the company i work at http://www.roguesquadron.net/forums/smile.gif) than what LucasArts came up with! Really, I wonder if they even worked on it, or maybe they used the old one from the original "Secret of Monkey Island."

4. Interface! Great!

------------------
Backstreet Boys and Burger King's Duo: I want it MY way, tell me why I got no pi-ckles tell me why I never hot no 'ma-toes Tell me why I always want may-onnaise, cause I WANT IT MY WAY! I WANT IT MY WAY!
 rebel_jediknight
12-02-1999, 6:52 PM
Thanks, LV.

------------------
---------
We're doomed!
 Nute Gunray
12-02-1999, 9:18 PM
I love the Imperial Protocol droid. He makes fun of you the whole time. The only major complain other than the tactical engine, was the "unrealistic" start. The Empire has no where near the resources and military and political power it had at that point. Basically, you start from scratch. And no Mara Jade.

------------------
I have far more interesting and important things to do with whatever time humanity has left than fretting about this load of BS...like hierarchizing my extensive collection of taped "Who Wants to Be a Millionaire?" episodes by lifelines and final answers.
 rebel_jediknight
12-02-1999, 9:31 PM
What was wrong with the tactical engine, Nute?

------------------
---------
We're doomed!
 BatMan
12-03-1999, 2:56 AM
Little Vader, I simply cannot believe it! This time I have taken the time to go back and will now quote verbatim:

Now wait a sec, I'm going to make a scrolling Marquette (how in the world do you spell it?). umm...

If you want to know what I'm doing right now, I really am looking through the index of The Idiot's Guilde To HTML 4. (No, really, I am!!!)

From a post dated 14 November 1999.

Are we to understand that in just less than three weeks you've gone from not being able to spell marquee, let alone code one to developing 3D engines?! Please. Have a little respect for our collective intelligence.

What are you going to come up with next? That you're Bill Friggin' Gates?!

------------------
Never Pet a Burning Dog.
 Imladil
12-03-1999, 3:11 AM
WHAT is under that helmet, you little--! Ummph! Someone help me, hold him down so I can get his helmet off!

I want to see who he REALLY is!

(TOTALLY kidding. http://www.roguesquadron.net/forums/smile.gif) http://www.roguesquadron.net/forums/wink.gif) http://www.roguesquadron.net/forums/smile.gif)

------------------
"The entire universe is simply the fractal chaos boundary between intersecting domains of high and low energy."

--Imladil the Quick

"Does anyone have change for a loaf of bread?"

--Little Jimmy
 Little Vader
12-03-1999, 6:19 AM
Here's the answer to your question, BatMan:

1. I am the manager of QuinTek, a computer software developer.

2. Our company does not specialize in HTML code, internet software, or anything else like that.

3. My employees know a lot more about technology and the internet than I do. My job is basically to be the idiot, pointy-haired boss http://www.roguesquadron.net/forums/smile.gif).

------------------
Backstreet Boys and Burger King's Duo: I want it MY way, tell me why I got no pi-ckles tell me why I never hot no 'ma-toes Tell me why I always want may-onnaise, cause I WANT IT MY WAY! I WANT IT MY WAY!
 Nute Gunray
12-03-1999, 4:08 PM
The tactical part was very bad looking. The ships fire very infrequently, rarely follow orders, and there's only one fighter shaped blob to pretend it's a squadron. And, the Death Star never jumps into hyperspace if you order it to withdraw. It just sits there for ten minutes and then the battle end window comes up and you're back at the strategic part.

------------------
I have far more interesting and important things to do with whatever time humanity has left than fretting about this load of BS...like hierarchizing my extensive collection of taped "Who Wants to Be a Millionaire?" episodes by lifelines and final answers.
 rebel_jediknight
12-03-1999, 4:44 PM
In that case, Nute, would you consider it a good game? How about for $30 Canadian- do you think it would be worth it?

------------------
---------
We're doomed!
 Nute Gunray
12-03-1999, 6:56 PM
I'd get it. It's a challenge and it's addictive. For $30, that's a deal. I almost paid $50 American, but got it for Christmas instead.
Something I did within a couple of weeks, was get modified DAT files to have a reasonable military and resource base on the Imperial side to make it more "real".

------------------
 rebel_jediknight
12-03-1999, 8:37 PM
Thanks, Nute!!!!!

------------------
---------
We're doomed!
 rebel_jediknight
12-19-1999, 6:24 PM
Well, Nute, I just got Rebellion and I really like it. Thanks for the advice!

------------------
---------
We're doomed!
 Nute Gunray
01-12-2000, 11:35 PM
One week shy of a month later, and desperate attempts nearly every day.

<font size="7">You're welcome</font>

------------------
Page: 1 of 1