Note: LucasForums Archive Project
The content here was reconstructed by scraping the Wayback Machine in an effort to restore some of what was lost when LF went down. The LucasForums Archive Project claims no ownership over the content or assets that were archived on archive.org.

This project is meant for research purposes only.

Mission 14: Raid on Sullust : I have a problem...

Page: 1 of 2
 Filos tis Zennifer Paris
11-16-1999, 8:02 AM
Hi everyone !

I think the only game I've ever played for 2 years is Rogue Squadron. I must say it's the gamepad Sidewinder which tempted me a lot cause to me that's almost the virtual world of games which I find amazing and very pleasent.
Ok just wanted to say that Rogue Squadron is a grrrreat game.

Anyway, I wanted to ask you something.
In mission 14, I managed (after many tries I must say...) to destroy all the red and black (there are 10 right ?) things (?...) which allowed to break down the main big shield but THEN what am I supposed to do ?

Thanks in advance for eventual answers !
Bye !

http://www.roguesquadron.net/forums/redface.gif)
 Filos tis Zennifer Paris
11-16-1999, 8:03 AM
Ok, at the end of my message I wanted to put a :

http://www.roguesquadron.net/forums/smile.gif)

Sorry... lol
 Lujayne
11-16-1999, 1:21 PM
Well, first you gotta find that big spinning thing. Once you get there, you have to shoot all those big white squares that are sitting on it. You'll have to hit them quite a few times to destroy them. Ignore the TIEs that are buzzing around you; they never do anything.
--L.
 Filos tis Zennifer Paris
11-16-1999, 1:52 PM
Hey ! Thank you very much !
Silly me, I hadn't understood those white things were targets.

Ok now I gotta break down this shield again... Sigh... I made it three times so far... Out of MANY tries believe me. But I gotta say the last times I was more comfortable.

Thanx again !
Bye !

http://www.roguesquadron.net/forums/smile.gif)
 Lujayne
11-16-1999, 7:56 PM
We live to serve...
 Conor
11-16-1999, 8:00 PM
That level is my favorite in the game, but only if I use the interceptor. Dodging all those missiles constantly for a long time is a blast. http://www.roguesquadron.net/forums/smile.gif)

------------------
Right is right even if nobody is doing it, and wrong is wrong even if everybody is doing it.
-St. Augustine
 Imladil
11-17-1999, 5:13 AM
Conor!

Well, spank my butt with slippers and call me breakfast! Long time no see, amigo!

Howzitbin?

------------------
"The entire universe is simply the fractal chaos boundary between intersecting domains of high and low energy."

--Imladil the Culinarian

"Am I in space yet?"

--Little Jimmy
 Fens Woodlacto
11-17-1999, 2:57 PM
Speaking of Sullust....

I have golds on all levels except Sullust and our pal Moff Seerdon ("Thyferia" - spelling is wrong,I'm sure)

Can anyone offer any clues/sugestions? I can win with the Naboo, but I guess I consider that cheating....

Also:
1) What has happened to the strategy guide by Black Jedi? The link produces a missing URL.

2) What happened to the "Strategy" forum? The topics have vanished!

Thanks. By the way, this site has been a tremendous help; my son (6 yrs. old) & I would NEVER have been able to find the tie interceptor hiding behind the Falcon in the hangar without help from someone (I can't recall who) who posted an answer for us. Many thanks!
 Conor
11-18-1999, 12:39 AM
I guess I haven't been posting much Imladil. I've been here every day though. I'm fine for the most part (certain school things keep me on my toes), how about you?

------------------
Right is right even if nobody is doing it, and wrong is wrong even if everybody is doing it.
-St. Augustine
 xaomel
11-18-1999, 10:59 AM
Filos tis Zennifer Paris, are u french ?
 Lujayne
11-18-1999, 6:18 PM
Hey, I seem to recall you being banned.
I don't like what you have written in your profile.
You were welcome here once, but I believe you overstayed that welcome.
 xaomel
11-18-1999, 7:00 PM
Never been banned. Just quiet.

I'm just asking a question now. If you find it offendent (spelling ?), do your job. If not, let me ask it again :

Filos tis Zennifer Paris, are u french ?
 Conor
11-18-1999, 7:02 PM
Why are you pissed off? Or do you just like the angry constipated guy? http://www.roguesquadron.net/forums/smile.gif)

------------------
-St. Augustine
 Lujayne
11-18-1999, 7:08 PM
I see you changed your profile.
 xaomel
11-18-1999, 7:14 PM
Some people here (all in fact) think that I did have a bad behaviour in the past on this forum. That "pissed off face" is just a quicker way to express my feelings.

But I really wanted to speak to Zennifer Paris.
 R.A.V.E.N.
11-18-1999, 7:16 PM
*sigh* You again? I don't suppose you will listen to logic and go away. You have one, repeat <font size=19>ONE</font> chance to honorably leave this forum without need to forcefully remove you.
 Conor
11-18-1999, 7:18 PM
Banning is a good thing. Nobody ever said forums had to be democratic.

I've visited other forums and some, notably an unreal tournament one, were just a whole bunch of people constantly insulting and swearing at each other. Half the posts was one guy responding to another guy who had insulted him in order to do some more insulting.

It is amusing for a while, but I wouldn't frequent such a forum.

------------------
-St. Augustine
 xaomel
11-18-1999, 7:18 PM
Am I talking to you, Raven ?

[This message has been edited by xaomel (edited November 18, 1999).]
 R.A.V.E.N.
11-18-1999, 7:23 PM
alright smart ass, shut your trap or i'll have to get medieval on your french butt.

[This message has been edited by R.A.V.E.N. (edited November 18, 1999).]
 xaomel
11-18-1999, 7:54 PM
- When you say "medieval", do you mean with tools ?
- Never tried to find your own expressions... originality if you know what I mean ?
- To get medieval on my french butt ? Just wondering... where do begin vulgarity ? Wash your mouth, honey, and go to bed.

And don't talk to me again. This forum doesn't belong to you. If I want to ask stg to somebody, that's my problem. I haven't been banned two months ago, and I didn't say anything offendant since that time, so leave me alone.

Zennifer Paris, are u french ?
 R.A.V.E.N.
11-18-1999, 8:10 PM
Ok you like lists, here are a list for you to ponder over:

- Actually I did use my own expressions, I just edited them for content

- That wasn't half as vulgar as I was gonna make it, and you are not my mother you french Jackass and I'll decide how I'll talk

- Stupidity is not a virtue, I don't own this forum, but I do moderate. And as one of four major powers of this forum you do not mess with me.

I was very neutral in my first responce, and you had to go and put me in a bad mood. Unless anyone else here has any objections I'm gonna give you the Wedgey treatment, and delete any post you make.

Point, Set, Match.

------------------
Signature? I dont need no stinkin signature!
 Lujayne
11-18-1999, 8:31 PM
xaomel, R.A.V.E.N. is one of the mods here now. You can challenge him at your own risk.
--L.
 Imladil
11-18-1999, 9:45 PM
He, cochon, laisse-le en paix! Cette place est pour de bavarder amiablement, pas le combat...

Anyway. Hi, French guy...Raven is my friend, and while he may not own the site, he pulls a lot of weight. Including my skill with words, which just might get used against you! http://www.roguesquadron.net/forums/wink.gif)

We're here to have fun, not pull a 'tude on each other. ONE chance. If the next thing you post isn't nice and respectful of the black-feathered one, I will totally make fun of you. 'Kay? http://www.roguesquadron.net/forums/smile.gif)

------------------
"The entire universe is simply the fractal chaos boundary between intersecting domains of high and low energy."

--Imladil the Culinarian

"Am I in space yet?"

--Little Jimmy
 BatMan
11-19-1999, 12:55 AM
And the French believe that their reputation for rudeness is unfounded.

------------------
Discontinue use if rash develops.
 GUNNER
11-19-1999, 3:22 AM
You heard R.A.V.E.N. The next time you give a half ass comment or post trash , your history. We have a nice group over here and we won't tolerate half-wits like yourself.

------------------
"With each passing moment,you make yourself more my sevant."
COMMANDER GUNNER
ROGUE LEADER
 Fondas
11-19-1999, 4:00 AM
I don't know who Zennifer Paris is but the "Filos tis" part resembles Greek, written in latin characters; it means "Friend of" (?????)

------------------
"So be it ...Jedi"
- Emperor Palpatine

[This message has been edited by Fondas (edited November 19, 1999).]
 xaomel
11-19-1999, 4:29 AM
Thanks, Fondas, you're maybe right.

And for the other one... leave me alone. I checked that forum, I saw a french guy (I supposed), and I asked him if he was really french. I don't want to talk to you anymore, that's doesn't interest me : that what I meant when I said to Raven that the forum didn't belong to him. He or you are not supposed to like me : you've just to check if my posts are correct or not.

So if you want to insulte me, do it.
If you want to delete my post, do it.
If you want to ban me, do it.

But leave me alone and let me ask that simple question.
 GUNNER
11-19-1999, 4:42 AM
All we want is for you to be nice and play fair. Talk in a civil manner to everyone, and don't be a little turd.

------------------
"With each passing moment,you make yourself more my sevant."
COMMANDER GUNNER
ROGUE LEADER
 xaomel
11-19-1999, 4:46 AM
To everyone !! Aargh.

Think I will wait for an answer (Filos Tis...). But quietly.

[This message has been edited by xaomel (edited November 19, 1999).]
 Lujayne
11-19-1999, 11:37 AM
Perhaps now that ZP has the answer he was looking for, he won't be coming back.
Who knows?
--L.
 Filos tis Zennifer Paris
11-19-1999, 8:51 PM
Ok...
Wow.

1. I'm french and greek and live in Paris.
2. French are not rude (hi xaomel).
3. Zennifer is Jennifer in greek and stands for Jennifer Aniston (hi Fondas).
4. I don't like censorship.
5. I think the most agressive people here are the ones who have the power (to censor).

Goodnight (it's very lete here).
I'll come back soon.
 Lujayne
11-19-1999, 11:49 PM
See ya soon!
--L.
 Lt Cracken
11-20-1999, 12:33 AM
ME!?!? AGRESSIVE!?!?!? naw, just crazy, man!!
Welcome to the forums, I'm Lt. Cracken, one of the 4 Moderators here, and I pull a lot of weight around. (not fat you people!)
I aslo don't tolerate rude, un-intelligetnt, people who come back from a banning. but, since I don't remember you, I'll give you ONE CHANCE. like the rest of us.
and I remember............

------------------
Even if you dodge this, Kakarotto,
THIS PLANET'S GOING UP IN SMOKE!!
Vegeta, DragonBall Z
 xaomel
11-20-1999, 8:59 AM
Kale nikta
hekato drakmes
elliniki demokratia
megaron alexandros
malaka (hum...)

Aucune idйe de la traduction en alphabet latin.
J'ai moi mкme pas mal de potes grecs sur Paris (а croire qu'il y a une colonie).
Pas le temps de discuter maintenant ni de traduire en anglais, donc а plus.

Et merci pour ta remarque sur la censure. C'est justement de зa que je voulais te parler.

Too tired to translate. Maybe later

------------------
"Delenda Carthago."
Caton l'ancien (Florus, Hist.rom., II, 15)

-- Dark Xaomel Vador --

[This message has been edited by xaomel (edited November 20, 1999).]
 R.A.V.E.N.
11-20-1999, 2:38 PM
Well the last part roughly translates to:

Not time to now discuss nor to translate into English, therefore with (?) more. And thank you for your remark on the censure. It is precisely of that that I wanted to speak to you.

Well xaomel, Jaillissent la seule raison que vous avez peur des personnes avec la puissance de censurer, кtes parce qu'ils controll ce que vous pouvez dire dans votre petit existance petit. Si vous ne faisiez rien mal, vous n'auriez aucune raison de les craindre.

It's a little rough, but it will probibly get my point across.

Not bad for a teen from colorado, huh?

------------------

[This message has been edited by R.A.V.E.N. (edited November 20, 1999).]
 xaomel
11-20-1999, 3:12 PM
You're right, I'm a very bad guy...

------------------
"Delenda Carthago."

-- Dark Xaomel Vador --
 Lujayne
11-20-1999, 3:13 PM
Hm, R.A.V.E.N., your last line: very true!!
--L.
xaomel, lose the threats,okay? They are very unbecoming.<font size=-2>

[This message has been edited by Lujayne (edited November 20, 1999).]
 R.A.V.E.N.
11-20-1999, 4:58 PM
Vi rendo un'offerta che non potete rifiutare! Andare via prima che troviate un cavallo capo nella vostra base.

Italian to English Translation: I'll make you an offer you can't refuse! Go away or you'll find a horses head in your bed.

Xaomel if you're gonna make a threat at least be clever about it.

------------------
 Imladil
11-21-1999, 3:37 AM
Hmmm. Xaomel is definitely French, I'll say that. What precisely I MEAN by that, I won't say... http://www.roguesquadron.net/forums/smile.gif)

Aw, Frenchies are okay. Americans can be pretty rude, too, only in more annoying ways! Si les francais aillient voler en train avec la reste de l'esquadrille, on doit les laisser joindre...mais n'oublie pas le radar! HAW! HAW! HAW! Actually, I'm not sure if radar translates straight across, much less is masculine. Oh, well.

Wow...I didn't know you were from Colorado, Raven. I'm living in Oregon now, But I used to live in Englewood. I graduated from Englewood High in 1985...but I'm not going to say how OLD I actually am, because it would mean I'm one of those silly pathetic adults who play video games in their spare time...

Anyway. I've got cluster missiles bolted to my tailfin, Xaomel, so fly nice... http://www.roguesquadron.net/forums/wink.gif)

------------------

--Imladil the Predator

"Ernie is my second cousin (E=MC2)"

--Little Jimmy
 xaomel
11-21-1999, 9:06 AM
Threats ? If I did threaten anybody, all my apologizes. But I don't think so.
 Conor
11-21-1999, 1:20 PM
If anyone says playing videogames is pathetic, one could just as easily say watching, or playing, sports is just as pathetic. Or watching movies. Or reading books.

------------------
-St. Augustine
 Little Vader
11-21-1999, 4:16 PM
Am I the only one hear who has to look in "The Idiots Guide To HTML 4" to use HTML, or "French-English English-French" Dictonary to speak French? The only French word I know is "Bonjour" (Is that French?)

------------------
SBD- Silent but Deadly
LAL= Loud & Lethal
HBU= Heard but Ignored

www.jokes.com)
www.avault.com)
www.ign.com)
www.gamesages.com)
www.jokeindex.com)
www.vgf.net/users/rct)
 Conor
11-21-1999, 4:43 PM
I don't know much about french either. I would like to learn spanish though. I do know english pretty well, for the most part.

------------------
-St. Augustine
 Ikhnaton
11-21-1999, 5:40 PM
Shields? We don't need no steekeeng shields!!

------------------
...Like Ike, if I could be like Ike...
 Imladil
11-22-1999, 2:25 AM
Don't feel bad, L.V. All of the HTML stuff goes all the way over my head!

As far as I'm concerned, this computer gadget is just an electric typewriter hooked up to a teevee and a telephone...

------------------

--Imladil the Predator

"Ernie is my second cousin (E=MC2)"

--Little Jimmy
 Fondas
11-22-1999, 5:02 AM
Hi Filos tis Zennifer Paris http://www.roguesquadron.net/forums/wink.gif)

Well, Xaomel has posted some Greek, so I feel obliged to translate http://www.roguesquadron.net/forums/smile.gif)

1. "Good Night"
2. "100 drachmas"
3. "Hellenic (Greek) Republic"
4. It should have been Megalos Alexandros..."Alexander the Great"
5. Well... http://www.roguesquadron.net/forums/redface.gif)

------------------
"So be it ...Jedi"
- Emperor Palpatine
 xaomel
11-22-1999, 6:38 AM
Ouaouh, how could you translate that ? I found that (except the last word) on a coin that a greek friend gave to me.
 xaomel
11-22-1999, 6:44 AM
Ok, I've readen your profile : really simple for you to translate...
I've been once to Greece : the Cycladic Islands are wonderful (Amorgos, Thira, Naxos less...), but I didn't appreciate very much Athens, la Plaka and his crazy "polyglotes" sellers.
Next sommer, I'm going to Kos with my friend.

Vive la grиce

------------------
"Delenda Carthago."

-- Dark Xaomel Vador --
 Fondas
11-22-1999, 8:09 AM
Xaomel, I can't stand those sellers either ! http://www.roguesquadron.net/forums/wink.gif)
Athens' traffic jam is an enormous and frustrating problem. I was born in Athens , like my parents and my grandparents had been, so I know what I'm talking about !
The Islands are truly wonderful. If you can afford it, visit them all ! http://www.roguesquadron.net/forums/wink.gif)
I've never visited Paris but I'll try ASAP !

------------------
"So be it ...Jedi"
- Emperor Palpatine
 xaomel
11-22-1999, 10:56 AM
My friend (Konstantinos or Kostas) do have a house in Athens, but he's born in Crete => each time that his friends come to Paris, they bring cheese and bread from Crete (I don't know the right name, and I suppose there are lots of) : you can't imagine what it is (when I write you, I mean the others). Sometimes, we spend all night long eating and speaking about these products from Crete (that's one REAL french characteristic : the best moment of the dinner is after it, when you speak about it during weeks sometimes).

But now, I'm in Spain, and I don't have any good cheese. I'm desesperate.

------------------
"Delenda Carthago."

-- Dark Xaomel Vador --
Page: 1 of 2