Note: LucasForums Archive Project
The content here was reconstructed by scraping the Wayback Machine in an effort to restore some of what was lost when LF went down. The LucasForums Archive Project claims no ownership over the content or assets that were archived on archive.org.

This project is meant for research purposes only.

The unique way of thinking...

Page: 1 of 1
 Filos tis Zennifer Paris
12-01-1999, 10:19 AM
Just because some poor, pathetic and uninteresting men who don't have anything to do with their lives THINK they have a huge power with their LITTLE button called 'close thread' (and they're sooooo pleased to use it), we're all suppose to be thinking the same way, always say the same things, the same jokes...

I say this cause I just looked around some closed threads in this messaegboard and I'm shocked... The censorship is unacceptable, it makes me think of the 3rd Reich !

I shall remind the SO-CALLED moderators that using excessively of their little power could lead them to be punished by the Ultimate Bulletin Board team which I am contacting RIGHT NOW or even, in a much more serious way, to be sued for undermining freedom of expression.

Only threads that don't respect others in an obvious way should be deleted ! Like those that are full of meaningless insults to everyone on the board.

BUT THAT'S IT !!!

Moderators, what's the matter with you ?!
http://www.roguesquadron.net/forums/frown.gif)
 Ikhnaton
12-01-1999, 11:45 AM
Zennifer,

I'm not a mod or admin on this forum, but I am an admin at XWA.net (the equivalent of a Supreme Allied Commander here). Believe me, we do not close threads merely because we don't like what somebody has to say. We do not edit posts when we don't like what somebody has to say.

What we do do is this: If a member posts something that is abusive or insulting, the thread will most assuredly be closed and/or the post edited (edited posts are always well flagged so that users will know they are edited).

Other examples of threads that could be closed are: Someone whining to a mod/admin about a ban decision or revoking of privileges decision that was made, or someone who was banned who somehow skirts the ban, signs on and posts something questioning the ban and making a big stink. These people were banned for a reason, and if they skirt the ban, it usually isn't for a good reason, and their posting on the forum will not be tolerated.

Another reason would be someone who tries to revive a tense topic. As Stealth said in the newest closed post, "Some things are better left dead." Threads are closed mainly to keep the peace in the forum.

This BB is not somebody's soap box, this is a site owned by somebody who allows users to come and post on it. The owner of the site has every right to make the rules concerning the material posted. As it is right now, the rules are quite lenient. Posting on this BB is a privilege, not a right. As it is right now, I think the moderators and Admins have been quite patient and whatnot with all the excitement about bogus "Wedgey" and "cz24" users. I probably wouldn't have been as patient.

This board in no way undermines freedom of speech. What it does is utilize the rights it has to set guidelines on what may be posted. This is not a government owned site. This is privately owned. Besides, UBB has no authority over what rules we set on forums.

If you read closely, or even not so closely, you will see that everyone here does NOT think or act the same way. People here are free to express themselves, but only within the rules, which are common sensical, courteous, and are the same as anywhere else on the face of the earth.

Please spare us your bleeding heart liberal soap-box lecture.

------------------
...Like Ike, if I could be like Ike...
 R.A.V.E.N.
12-01-1999, 12:25 PM
Well Zeniffer I am a so called moderator and you are making some serious mistakes here buddy. Stealh owns, controlls, designs, and maintains this board. As much as you consider it a public domain you obviously did'nt read that little legal script you accepted when you registered. Stealth owns Filos tis Zennifer Paris as he owns every single post, thread, and user here. Myself, Lujaynne, Lt. Cracken and Gunner have been given the privelage of helping to maintain this forum. So we say what we like and dont like, and consult eachother. And overall, we make the final call on wether posts and or users should be allowed to exist.

Why would you be afraid of censorship? If you posted accordingly to the forum rules we would'nt censor you. and as I said before, The only ones that should be afraid of censorship are the ones who have done something wrong.

So Filos tis Zennifer Paris, what have you done wrong to be so fearful?

------------------
Signature? I dont need no stinkin signature!

[This message has been edited by R.A.V.E.N. (edited December 01, 1999).]
 Imladil
12-01-1999, 4:00 PM
Greetings, Filos Tis! http://www.roguesquadron.net/forums/smile.gif)

Just speaking for myself...I've come off with some pretty outlandish stuff at this site, and they have yet to censor me. They get a little touchy when you mention underwear discomfort ( http://www.roguesquadron.net/forums/wink.gif), but otherwise they are just here to keep people from wrecking the positive mood.

At another site I post to, there are no moderators, and no censorship. Unfortunately, there are also many people who take advantage of this situation by posting some pretty immature posts. We can be having an intelligent conversation, talking up a decent subject, then someone barges in with profanity and bathroom humor. I do feel that these people have a right to say whatever they want, but when they ruin a train of conversation by doing so, they are treading on the rights of others. Where do you draw the line?

Anyway. I'm a rebel at heart, and I'll be the first one to defy authority when the time comes ( http://www.roguesquadron.net/forums/wink.gif), but I really don't think it's necessary here. I've seen religion, abortion, violence and many other touchy subjects discussed at great length here, and through it all I haven't seen what I would consider censorship.

Vive la resistance!

------------------
"The entire universe is simply the fractal chaos boundary between intersecting domains of high and low energy."

--Imladil the Noisy

"What does this button--?" SCHOOOMP!

--Little Jimmy
 Little Vader
12-01-1999, 5:26 PM
What is that "other" forum you post at, Imaldi?

Filos tis Zennifer Paris, I even have to agree with the adminastrators. Now how often do you see that?

------------------
"The Bible can be a noun or an abreviation.
(B)asic (I)nfo (B)efore (L)eaving (E) arth"

"-Zork on The Bible

"Confidence is a two-way sort of deal. If you are confident you will do well and you don't, you'll be regretful. If you're confident you'll do well and you do, then where's the suprise? But if you're negative about it, and you do not do well, you'll know that it was coming, and if you're negative and you do do well, you'll be excited!'

-Zork on Confidence

"No, I didn't break the lamp. I was at Timmy's House. Huh? Oh yeah, Timmy moved... That's right. Well, I was at Ryan's house.

-Zork on Honesty

"The world is nothing but a giant round soccer ball, just wating, waiting, to explode. Then, out of the blue, it will EXPLODE!"

Zork on Philosphy

"I'm 20% me, 20% Mom, 21% Dad, 8% Mike Tyson, and 30% Mr. Personality. Umm, where's the other 1%?

Zork on Math
 Imladil
12-01-1999, 7:23 PM
Nope, sorry. It concerns the one aspect of my life that will always remain anonymous. Here, I freely discuss my real life and identity, but that other site is to remain completely isolated from public record.

Bye-bye. http://www.roguesquadron.net/forums/wink.gif) Thanks for playing.

------------------
"The entire universe is simply the fractal chaos boundary between intersecting domains of high and low energy."

--Imladil the Noisy

"What does this button--?" SCHOOOMP!

--Little Jimmy
 Lt Cracken
12-01-1999, 8:58 PM
Ahem...
I am a moderator, or a "so called moderator.". now, trying to find us is like a needle in a haystack bub, so sueing is not really an option here, because the people at the Ultimate msg board place did not do the "offending" actions.

goodnite!

------------------
Even if you dodge this, Kakarotto,
THIS PLANET'S GOING UP IN SMOKE!!
Vegeta, DragonBall Z
 GUNNER
12-02-1999, 4:20 AM
I just had to get in on this.......Who are you to be calling us "poor,pathetic and uninteresting men who don't have anything to do with their lives". Mom , is that you?

Anyway, I don't think there is to much I can say that has not already been said but I will say this , ....since you think that only threads that should be deleted are...... ... Like those that are full of meaningless insults to everyone on the board. then I won't delete this but I will close it since you only insulted some of us.

End of discussion.

------------------
"With each passing moment,you make yourself more my sevant."
COMMANDER GUNNER
ROGUE LEADER
Page: 1 of 1