Note: LucasForums Archive Project
The content here was reconstructed by scraping the Wayback Machine in an effort to restore some of what was lost when LF went down. The LucasForums Archive Project claims no ownership over the content or assets that were archived on archive.org.

This project is meant for research purposes only.

New Games

Page: 1 of 1
 Little Vader
11-21-1999, 4:06 PM
How many members here have bought any new games? I've gotten Sim Theme Park, Nocturne (Which I deeply regret due to the gore and ideas placed within this horrible game), Freespace 2 (Which I love!), and Age of Kings (I'm not sure about this one).

------------------
SBD- Silent but Deadly
LAL= Loud & Lethal
HBU= Heard but Ignored

www.jokes.com)
www.avault.com)
www.ign.com)
www.gamesages.com)
www.jokeindex.com)
www.vgf.net/users/rct)
 Conor
11-21-1999, 4:40 PM
I am getting Wheel of Time and Unreal Tournament right away. I am not really interested in anything else right now.

As for Nocturne, don't you play a demo or read something about a game before you buy it? I could have told you it was extremely gory and violent and I haven't even played it.

------------------
Right is right even if nobody is doing it, and wrong is wrong even if everybody is doing it.
-St. Augustine
 Little Vader
11-21-1999, 6:16 PM
 Conor
11-21-1999, 6:32 PM
I know. http://www.roguesquadron.net/forums/smile.gif) After all, it is only the best game ever made, based on the best books ever written. http://www.roguesquadron.net/forums/smile.gif)

------------------
Right is right even if nobody is doing it, and wrong is wrong even if everybody is doing it.
-St. Augustine
 fenix007
11-21-1999, 6:36 PM
I Guess Everyone Forgot About Diablo 2.

I got Age of Wonders yesterday.. Not Nearly As Good As Heroes 3.

Everyone Download Dink Smallwood..
a very good freeware Rpg..
go to download.com or something.
 Conor
11-21-1999, 7:14 PM
I haven't forgotten about Diablo 2, I just don't want it.

------------------
-St. Augustine
 R.A.V.E.N.
11-21-1999, 7:54 PM
I just bought the corkscrew follies add-on for Rollercoaster Tycoon. It totally kicks ass!

------------------
Signature? I dont need no stinkin signature!
 Conor
11-21-1999, 8:46 PM
Dink Smallwood is freeware? My brother ordered it for 20$ about a year ago! It crashed on him about half-way through the game and he could never get any farther.

I guess no one else bought it.

------------------
-St. Augustine
 Lt Cracken
11-21-1999, 9:02 PM
I WANT LUNAR:SILVER STAR STORY COMPLETE!!! AND FINAL FANTASY 8!!! wait...... those aren't PC games... oops!!

------------------
Even if you dodge this, Kakarotto,
THIS PLANET'S GOING UP IN SMOKE!!
Vegeta, DragonBall Z
 fenix007
11-21-1999, 11:23 PM
Dink Smallwood WAS something you had to pay for..
then the people got nice and "released it to the public"
 Imladil
11-22-1999, 2:46 AM
The only other video game I play on a regular basis is Pilot Wings.

I'm surprised to see the kinds of games you are all into. I would've thought more of my fellow fighterpilot wannabes were into FLYING games. I originally got into Rogue Squadron to fulfill my lifelong dream of being a pilot (which never went very far thanks to my fear of flying.)

ZOOOOOOOMMMM--!

_____________________________(CRASH!)

------------------
"The entire universe is simply the fractal chaos boundary between intersecting domains of high and low energy."

--Imladil the Predator

"Ernie is my second cousin (E=MC2)"

--Little Jimmy
 Little Vader
11-22-1999, 9:02 PM
I've already gotten Corkscrew Follies, R.A.V.E.N.! Plus, I'm going to get Wheel of Time as soon as it comes out!

As for Diablo 2, well... let's just say I'm NOT into RPG's.

------------------
SBD- Silent but Deadly
LAL= Loud & Lethal
HBU= Heard but Ignored

www.jokes.com)
www.avault.com)
www.ign.com)
www.gamesages.com)
www.jokeindex.com)
www.vgf.net/users/rct)
 Shootist
11-23-1999, 12:23 AM
Hey Imladil, what are some games that are parallel to RS? I got Jane's WWII Fighters. It's got some pretty good footage as far as history, but with my gamepad it's just not very much fun.
 Conor
11-23-1999, 1:31 AM
Rogue Squadron's an aracade game though. It isn't a flight sim, which is good because I generally don't like flight sims.

Of course, the big exception is the Xwing Star Wars space combat series on the computer, the pinnacle of which being Xwing Alliance. Rogue Squadron doesn't even compare, although I did enjoy it.

I like any game if it is good. RPG's, FPS's third person adventure, 2D adventure...

------------------
-St. Augustine
 Imladil
11-23-1999, 3:35 AM
Greetings, sageo!

My favorite video game is Pilot Wings. It's a great beginner's flight sim, and a lot of fun. What I like about it is that you have the option of ignoring the tests and just exploring the virtual islands. One is laid out just like the United States.

There are a number of flight options, ranging from the hang glider to a level where you shoot yourself out a cannon at targets. My favorite is the gyrocopter, which is armed with missiles, because it's the real pilot's craft in the sim.

Just as the A-wing is a pilot's ship, which is why I've chosen it here. http://www.roguesquadron.net/forums/wink.gif)

I'm looking for more sims that I can play on the Nintendo 64. Is the Jane's Flight Combat you mentioned available? I want to try the Star Wars PC games Conor mentioned, but I don't have the proper equipment yet. Help! http://www.roguesquadron.net/forums/smile.gif)

------------------
"The entire universe is simply the fractal chaos boundary between intersecting domains of high and low energy."

--Imladil the Fortunate

"You can lead a horse to water, but you have to be strong and determined if you want to drown that sucker."

--Little Jimmy
 GUNNER
11-23-1999, 3:39 AM
Oh my , no one said Opposing Force.. http://www.roguesquadron.net/forums/frown.gif) It's the new Half-Life game.....

I got mine last week, now go out and get yours, it's great. http://www.roguesquadron.net/forums/wink.gif)

------------------
"With each passing moment,you make yourself more my sevant."
COMMANDER GUNNER
ROGUE LEADER
 Conor
11-23-1999, 2:18 PM
How much is it GUNNER? If it is a low expansion pack price I will probably get it, but if it is full price I will not.

------------------
-St. Augustine
 Conor
11-23-1999, 2:18 PM
How much is it GUNNER? If it is a low expansion pack price I will probably get it, but if it is full price I will not.

------------------
-St. Augustine
 Nute Gunray
11-23-1999, 3:43 PM
Force Commander?

------------------
It's a shame I can't use my XWA.net sig!
 Little Vader
11-23-1999, 3:49 PM
Half-Life just isn't my cup of tea... not even the much-hyped Opposing Force.

Who here subcribes or reads PC Gamer? I'm looking foward to The Sims (If you want to know what that is go to http://thesims.com) )

------------------
SBD- Silent but Deadly
LAL= Loud & Lethal
HBU= Heard but Ignored

www.jokes.com)
www.avault.com)
www.ign.com)
www.gamesages.com)
www.jokeindex.com)
www.vgf.net/users/rct)
 Little Vader
11-27-1999, 9:04 PM
Conor, I have to say I was MAJORLY DISSAPONTED by the game "The Wheel Of Time." It was one of those hyped-but-not-really-that-deserving-to-be-hyped-games.
 GUNNER
11-29-1999, 5:21 AM
Sorry Conor but it's $39. Everyone at the Opfor site is mad that it's full price for a game half as long as HL, but it is a great game. I think it's worth every penny. http://www.roguesquadron.net/forums/smile.gif)

------------------
"With each passing moment,you make yourself more my sevant."
COMMANDER GUNNER
ROGUE LEADER
 Shootist
11-29-1999, 8:18 PM
Imladil, I'll look around for Jane's WWII Fighters for ya, but I don't know about the 64 version. Sorry it took so long to get back to you, had to visit the parental unit in Ablamana-mana. They'll never get comp. viruses THERE.
PS I can tell Alabama jokes because I was bornt thar.
 Little Vader
11-29-1999, 8:30 PM
HA! Top this sig, Imaldi!

------------------
"The greater of the two powers relies on the servent and the master. The master is never the true master, but a servent of himself."

-Zork on The Bible

"In life, there are no dress rehersals and no practices. You just get out there and hope for the best, because life is not a practice, but the real thing ."

-Zork on Confidence

"No, I did not have an 'inappropriate' relationship with Monica Lewinski."

-Zork on Honesty

"Humans are agressive due to the fact that zing + zang= ying+ yang."

Zork on Philosphy
 Conor
11-30-1999, 12:02 AM
Wheel of Time is now my favorite game I have ever played. Not for the gameplay, which I think is great if a little slower, but for the beauty. The game is simply amazing to look at. I makes Unreal look like nothing. The architecture is stunning.

Multiplayer is also amazing. No other game has been as much fun with my 56k modem than WOT.

------------------
-St. Augustine
 Imladil
12-01-1999, 3:58 AM
Well, my little Sith friend, I believe I'll have to top that sig with some chopped wild mushrooms and garlic, flambeed with cognac and finished with a nice demi-glace.

Tennis anyone?

------------------

--Imladil the Noisy

"What does this button--?" SCHOOOMP!

--Little Jimmy
 Lujayne
12-01-1999, 6:01 AM
Wha--Tennis anyone?? Woah...that brought back some old memories!
--L.
 Lt Guilo
12-01-1999, 10:08 AM
Yes, and so did your spelling of "whoa", Lujayne....of the same party as I believe to whom YOU'RE referring, yet. :c
 Little Vader
12-01-1999, 3:43 PM
yes, perpendicular watermelon

(i'm gonna use bad grammer and spellin for da resat of the dae)

------------------
"The Bible can be a noun or an abreviation.
(B)asic (I)nfo (B)efore (L)eaving (E) arth"

"-Zork on The Bible

"Confidence is a two-way sort of deal. If you are confident you will do well and you don't, you'll be regretful. If you're confident you'll do well and you do, then where's the suprise? But if you're negative about it, and you do not do well, you'll know that it was coming, and if you're negative and you do do well, you'll be excited!'

-Zork on Confidence

"No, I didn't break the lamp. I was at Timmy's House. Huh? Oh yeah, Timmy moved... That's right. Well, I was at Ryan's house.

-Zork on Honesty

"The world is nothing but a giant round soccer ball, just wating, waiting, to explode. Then, out of the blue, it will EXPLODE!"

Zork on Philosphy

"I'm 20% me, 20% Mom, 21% Dad, 8% Mike Tyson, and 30% Mr. Personality. Umm, where's the other 1%?

Zork on Math
Page: 1 of 1