Note: LucasForums Archive Project
The content here was reconstructed by scraping the Wayback Machine in an effort to restore some of what was lost when LF went down. The LucasForums Archive Project claims no ownership over the content or assets that were archived on archive.org.

This project is meant for research purposes only.

eh i dont know what u guys r talking about it's just a matter of taste

Page: 1 of 1
 SharaFett
12-17-2001, 10:10 PM
is the gungan army really that bad? personally, i LOOOOOOVE the gungan army b/c i only have to focus on their troops and maybe their mechs. i easily pump out 100+ troops and dont have to worry about them getting slaughtered (i use the EXCELLENT flamba shield and 3 or 4 bounty hunters in each shield to stop the jedi/sith from entering the shield and slaughtering. i have 20-30 troops in each shield and i work towards 4 flamba shields. i pump out an anti-air trooper for every 2regular troopers, meaning i usually have armies of about 70 regular troopers and 40 aa troops)

when i play on the weekly lan parties w/my bros (3 vs.3 on gb), usually one of my teammates is the naboo and the other is the trade fed. so i have great air units and destroyer droids backing me up

so basically, the point of this thread is to back me up on the fact that the gungans dont suck at all and i'm looking for co-op strategies, eg. the strategy a naboo, gungan, and trade fed use to win a match together
 duder
12-18-2001, 4:45 AM
i agree on the gunguns, but as for the naboo, i personally think there is little point playing them when the rebel civ is so much better. they have the air force and the jedi, but have far superior infantry.
 Destroyer Droid
12-18-2001, 6:19 AM
That is easily ripped to pieces by a) Destroyer Droids (I play TF) or b) hvy strike mechs.
 Funboy Deluxe
12-19-2001, 2:48 AM
Yup give me the Naboo anyday. When i look at a race, I analyse how they do 3 things:

1) kill infantry
2) kill mechs
3) kill buildings

Rebels:
1) Tougher armour makes their infantry v good, but not the best (wookiees are better with regen)
2) Rebel Mech destroyers are bad because they cannot get upgraded much and therefore will lose to any decent mech civ. OK you say, rebels have great aircraft. OK, but anti-air troops are cheap and nasty, unless you build an ENOURMOUS air fleet, which IMO takes too much crystal for what it does.
3)I use pummels and artillery v buildings, and rebels cant get heavy of either. Their Assault mechs are poor because of their limited upgradablility (sic?).

Naboo:
1) Hvy strike mech with some capability for upgrades can deal with infantry to a reasonable extent.
2)Crusaders, shielded, are expensive but great against mechs
3)Naboo's big problem is how they dead with buildings. They are even worse than Rebels on offense, with no hvy pummels, artillery or assault mechs (not that i like using them fro tearing bases apart). This i sthink is really where jedi come in. You need a few of those suckers to convert a turret or 2 of the enemy's. This is the easiest way i found to break up an enemy's base, but i dont have too much experience with base - busting witht the Naboo.

But overall i prefer the naboo because they can deal with mechs more effectively.
 duder
12-19-2001, 3:18 AM
snow speeders are superb anti mech units. they take down mechs faster than AA units can deal with them.

Rebels rule!

Naboo suck!
 Funboy Deluxe
12-19-2001, 5:29 AM
Snow Speeders kill anti air MECHS but die efficiency wise to anti air TROOPERS, of which you should have a number already lying around from defending the initial t3 air rush
 duder
12-19-2001, 6:04 AM
a large sqaud of shielded snowspeeders are hardly touched by AA forces by the time they have destroyed every mech around.

BOOOOOOOOO NABOO SUCK
 Heavyarms
12-19-2001, 6:40 AM
I'm going to be the naboo for my next game, just to see...
 Knights_Q2
12-24-2001, 7:24 PM
Naboo suck, I'm sorry but it's true. Past t3, strike mechs have nothing on mech destroyers, rebs get hvy of those, naboo don't. Rebs got better troopers, naboo has games worst. Crusader sucks, no armor so it dies fast, very expenisive nad made slow. Don't tell me about the sheild, it takes so long to upgrade you will never get it. AA troopers suck, bad. AA mobiles die to bombers and air speeders, so do aa troopers, so you can't beat that. Naboo got good air, but rebels go just as good and better land. Naboo suck.
 Gungan_Reble
12-26-2001, 3:45 PM
Guy's the Naboo are not great but they are not that bad.
If you use Hve/Str Mechs insted of infantry, backed up by
Fighter's and bombers and some Bounty Hunters you will
be suprised how well you can do with the Naboo ;)
 duder
12-27-2001, 3:06 AM
Originally posted by Gungan_Reble
Guy's the Naboo are not great but they are not that bad.
If you use Hve/Str Mechs insted of infantry, backed up by
Fighter's and bombers and some Bounty Hunters you will
be suprised how well you can do with the Naboo ;)

But the rebels can also do that, but have superior infantry!!! That is my whole point about Naboo, they seem completely redundant next to the Rebel Alliance.
 Gungan_Reble
12-27-2001, 4:26 AM
Originally posted by duder

But the rebels can also do that, but have superior infantry!!! That is my whole point about Naboo, they seem completely redundant next to the Rebel Alliance.

Yes M8 I know my point is for people who want to play
as Naboo, the Rebels are stronger in Infantry and mounted
but some people like to play as Naboo, I even play them myself
sometimes. ;)
 duder
12-27-2001, 4:32 AM
I think if that there is only 6 civs then each one should be very unique....naboo really dissapoints me. :(
 Gungan_Reble
12-27-2001, 5:05 AM
Well if you think about it in the P/M the Naboo
dident have a standing Army just some local
Police unit's and pilot's perhaps there civ has
been done this way to reflect this fact ;)
 duder
12-27-2001, 5:14 AM
but im talking about the game....as a playable civ they are a let down. im glad its faithful to the film, but surely they could have been made better!
 Gungan_Reble
12-27-2001, 5:51 AM
but im talking about the game....as a playable civ they are a let down. im glad its faithful to the film, but surely they could have been made better!

Perhap's they will get an upgraded civ in an addon
if one comes out we will have to wait and see.
 StarScrap
01-04-2002, 12:11 AM
I think if that there is only 6 civs then each one should be very unique....naboo really dissapoints me. :(

ONLY 6 civs? I don't know about you but for me the "more races" craze seemed to die down about 2 years ago, and all the really good RTS's I've played have 2 or 3 (C&C, SC are the ones I'm mainly thinking of. I know AoK isn't in there, I havn't played it.)

Anyway, my point is that when I look at GB I don't look for unique. That's just a little better than looking for unique in Warcraft. True, they have different strengths, but they have the same buildings, units etc. If you want unique go for Starcraft. If you want Star Wars or to try out the latest RTS, then go for BG. Personally I'm in it because it's Star Wars, and I just can't shake off the apeal of having your very own AT-ATs with stormtroopers swarming arround them, or rolling out your droidekas to rake down the enemy infantry. (side note: I was disapoinded that the TF air transport wasn't the big, four-winged thing from the movies)
Page: 1 of 1