Note: LucasForums Archive Project
The content here was reconstructed by scraping the Wayback Machine in an effort to restore some of what was lost when LF went down. The LucasForums Archive Project claims no ownership over the content or assets that were archived on archive.org.

This project is meant for research purposes only.

Jedi, who uses them?

Page: 1 of 1
 PsYch0_PimP
12-14-2001, 5:58 PM
Who uses jedis?:confused:
 Chessack
12-14-2001, 6:16 PM
Originally posted by PsYch0_PimP
Who uses jedis?:confused:

I use Jedi and Sith a lot, mainly toward the end of the game, for several reasons.

1. They are *cool*. Sorry, I know this seems like a stupid reason, but they are just darn cool units, and I love the lightsaber sounds. Plus the evil laugh of the Sith Knight when you click on him. Jedi and Sith are my favorite part of Star Wars, so I put them in the game partly for that reason.

2. I only play vs. the computer. For most civs, on Moderate difficulty (which is what I play), the computer has a mech fetish. Jedi and Sith chew mechs up and spit them out, so they work really, really well against the computer.

3. Jedi are really hard to kill except by bounty hunters, and the computer never makes enough of those, just like it never makes enough AA. The computer seems most vulnerable to either air attack, or to Jedi/Sith attacks. It's much better able to defend itself against mechs, and regular units.

May the Force be with you.
 Jedi_Knight
12-14-2001, 10:32 PM
in the demo I do for the 1st reason chessack mentioned and because they are good against most things
 Gungan_Reble
12-15-2001, 6:23 AM
No I tend to use Bounty Hunters because I play Gungans
most of the time and the Gungan Jedi are not very good ;)
 Mace
12-16-2001, 4:32 AM
I use them alot mainly because it's their ability to turn your opponents units to your side of the battle. Beyond that as was said before they are difficult to take down and more often than not my opponent, be it computer or human doesn't make enough bounty hunters to counter them.

With the right upgrades you can turn buildings with most civs and that way you have teh ability to make more attack units in your opponents bae without having to build them.

They aren't my favorite unit but they can be very effective when used properly
 Heavyarms
12-16-2001, 8:04 AM
one time I used them as a counter weapon, but caouldn't make too many :D Anyway, I also used them to convert unique units, lie the fambaa I converted to keep and stole it
 Funboy Deluxe
12-17-2001, 11:16 AM
Rebels or Naboo IMO need a big reliance on jedi to get anywhere. When i play these fellas i always use a heap of masters. If in a rushing mood jedi knights are great, but this is all dependent on securing loads of crystals. Properly done, if the opponent does not have purge or faith in the force, they are in deep s**t. Conversion when attacking is great while conversion in defense is insanely effeective. AOK: think of very tough, very fast and melee ready priests.

However like everyting in this game, if you are going to use jedi i reckon you need loads of them. A good 20 or so masters.
 captain_drake
12-17-2001, 1:08 PM
not me they are to costly and take forever to bulid they only thing they are good are converting and holcrons so thats about it
 idiot00001
12-17-2001, 8:34 PM
I use them in DMs, because it is fun to sent several cloaked masters into the middle of a base & slaughter workers/ cause total chaos.
 duder
12-18-2001, 5:12 AM
too costly, and as i am a trade fed player they arent effective enough!
 Chessack
12-18-2001, 12:17 PM
Originally posted by duder
too costly, and as i am a trade fed player they arent effective enough!

This is why, though I do have my favorites (Rebels and Empire), I try to play all the civilizations. I vaguely rotate which I play, though I play my favorites a bit more often and am therefore "better" at them. Still, if you play a variety of civs instead of focusing on one, you might not be as good at any one civ, but you get a nice taste of all the different tactics you can use.
 Natopo
01-07-2002, 3:59 AM
I like to make alot of them just not too much. Masters I use for converting, (if I'm not playing TF) and Knights are good for mech destroying and infantry trashing.
 Boba Sith
01-07-2002, 1:43 PM
I find that jedis are a useful unit, mainly because the people i play are scared of them and send masses of units against them which i then attack their units from behind and murder them. This won't work on all people but they are useful for support as well.
 Grimjack
01-07-2002, 2:36 PM
For a Jedi to be effective they require a lot of micromanagement and they're too expensive to be used half-assed. I use the Rebel's Jedi and I also use Naboo's because they don't have much else. However I like the +3 turning range of the Rebel's better than the Naboo's ability of Masters being able to turn Knights. The Empire's Sith don't get stealth so I never use them. I'm not big on micromanagement so I don't use Jedi very often but they're fun once in a while.
Page: 1 of 1