Note: LucasForums Archive Project
The content here was reconstructed by scraping the Wayback Machine in an effort to restore some of what was lost when LF went down. The LucasForums Archive Project claims no ownership over the content or assets that were archived on archive.org.

This project is meant for research purposes only.

Power Cores & Resources

Page: 1 of 1
 MrFan
12-14-2001, 11:35 AM
Does anyone know what effect (if any) power cores have on collection facilites? I have noticed that nursuries benefit from power cores but cannot tell on carbon/nova/ore/food collection.
 blue_myriddn
12-14-2001, 1:31 PM
No benefit at all to collection rates.

All that they do is benefit how quickly the techs research at the gather center.

As such, the *only* gather center I worry about including in the power core radius if I can is the carbon center. The TL3 carbon upgrade takes a while to complete if it is unpowered and that one is a tech I want ASAP (more carbon = more mechs, more command centers, more military buidings, more pummels, etc, etc)
 captain_drake
12-14-2001, 1:44 PM
i wondered that myself so that means you can put a carbon collecter falicty anywhare as long as it's defended
 MrFan
12-14-2001, 2:36 PM
Thank you, blue_myriddn.
 Supreme Warlord
12-14-2001, 3:43 PM
Power Core powers up the nursies but they also speed up the builing of units like troopers, mech and air units. Power Core is vital to anybody that want to raise an army quicker.
 Chessack
12-14-2001, 4:21 PM
Originally posted by Supreme Warlord
Power Core powers up the nursies but they also speed up the builing of units like troopers, mech and air units. Power Core is vital to anybody that want to raise an army quicker.

Yup... you pretty much need all your other buildings (except houses and the command center) to be in the power ring of a Power Core. I certainly make sure, not just carbon centers, but nova and ore centers, are getting power. I like to build lots of walls and towers, so I want the ore, and I want my workers upgraded to collect it quickly. 4 upgraded workers will do the job of 6 or 7 non-upgraded ones in the later ages, so you can use the left over population quota to build more troops, or to divert the workers to more rapidly building something like a Fortress or a Monument.

I try to power everything that needs power, but, I do give priority to Nurseries, Carbon Centers, and Unit-creation buildings like Troop Centers or Air Bases.

May the Force be with you.
 Kudar
12-14-2001, 4:32 PM
in the processing centers power cores are only used to help speed up the researches, the don't do anything else for them
Page: 1 of 1