Note: LucasForums Archive Project
The content here was reconstructed by scraping the Wayback Machine in an effort to restore some of what was lost when LF went down. The LucasForums Archive Project claims no ownership over the content or assets that were archived on archive.org.

This project is meant for research purposes only.

Rebels = crap

Page: 1 of 1
 Funboy Deluxe
12-13-2001, 7:04 AM
I have played all the races to some depth in multiplayer DM with rushes and what not and IMO i think the Rebels are the weakest. Their special troop is great on the offence, but easily dealt with by AA troops or turrets. They have no Hvy pummels and while tougher armour is nice, if you want to have heaps of infantry go the wookee's self regen any day. They got good jedi but so does the EMpire who also have cheap and nasty dark troopers as well

Comments?
 duder
12-13-2001, 7:14 AM
they are better than naboo, and its useful to have at least one strong air civ on say a 3 vs 3 rm!!!

naboo are terrible though....the worst civ by a mile!
 Funboy Deluxe
12-13-2001, 7:17 AM
I dunno i prolly would prefer the naboo. I mean i dont mind the royal crusader, their offence aint that great but they are very very tough. Unfortunately they are bloody expensive. But naboo have the same problem, they find it tough to break thru enemy bases.

Naboo are high on the list of crap civs tho, but i still would take crusaders over snow speeders.
 duder
12-13-2001, 7:29 AM
snow speeders are excellent i dont understand the grief they get......i use them as defensive units, they take out mechs so fast, and are shielded!!!
 Funboy Deluxe
12-13-2001, 7:35 AM
Any decent offensive push will have anti air troops, they are cheap as chips and will whack the stuffing out of snow speeders

well they have when i played!
 duder
12-13-2001, 7:38 AM
and any decent defense will have more than snowspeeder units
 LSF_Tango1
12-13-2001, 9:33 AM
I think Rebel Alliance one of the best civ. Whne you need to def yourself from a lvl 1 or lvl 2 rush you can for you have one of the best troop(other then wookies). Your air is one of the best and you can do a z-95 headhunter rush very well.

Snowspeeder rule against all mechs and even against all assault mechs. You say you have 5 aa troops or 5 aa tank. That will not stop me from killing you trust me. :) You have 10 aa units and i got at least 45 snow speeder. I kill 10 aa faster then you can kill me and i lose a few units but then i got the rest of my army to kill you :) If you dont like rebel that is your choice but i love them and find me on the zone and i will show you them :D
 GIR
12-14-2001, 9:52 PM
Rbel alliance does not = crap! LEARN YOUR MATH!
 General Nilaar
12-16-2001, 9:08 AM
Tango is right, I wouldn't call the Rebels crap at all. Still if you can get to tech 4 and build adv AA towers you should be alright;)

Definetely churn out the AA troopers. They're cheap. You should be able to have more AA than he has air units, as long as you know he's going to be one of those "massive air attack" players. That's the problem of course, knowing ahead of time that is going to be his method of attack;)

When facing a Rebel or Naboo player it's better to be safe than sorry!
 Crazy_dog no.3
12-29-2001, 3:57 PM
Funboy (Vader)- Tell your Rebel friends they are a crap civ.
Crazy dog no.3 (Leia)- Never!!!!!!!

REBELS KICK A**!!!!!!! ]

Especially in a space map with asteroids.
 AzN_ProtocoL
12-29-2001, 10:09 PM
explain.... i think Galactic Empire is the best, with their AT ATs and AT STs..... but i like Trade Feds.'s hvy Droids
 Natopo
12-30-2001, 1:57 AM
I don't care much for air units. My favorite Civ is the Trade Federation. I always build anti-air units. No air-force has ever managed to get past my base. I'm always heavy on aa troopers and aa mechs. Sometimes I build Air forces but I hate rebels. Their air force may be good but I can wipe them out with a fleet of troopers and mechs along with some AA guys.
 Surfnshannon
12-31-2001, 6:54 AM
The speeders make awesome scouts....they are fast...and if you control them right you can fly by and avoid aa turets. It is a nice advantage to have aspecially if you want to zap out the other guys workers...its a nice way to say "HI" however...one or two shots and they are down. if you have them mixed with bounty hunters..usually the bounty hounters can snipe out those pest aa people when you are defending your base from pesty invaders
 StarScrap
01-03-2002, 8:16 PM
Personally I would say that if your going for harassment of workers Naboo with the speed enhancement would work better. One reason: Fighters are anti-troop rather than anti-mech. But airspeeders work pretty well.

Now if you want to go for harassment of military that's annother story, but that's not always an easy task.
Page: 1 of 1